Title / Thread Starter Last Post ByReverse Sort Order Replies Views
beta

Optimistic x 70

SECTION RULES - POST SMALL QUESTIONS IN THE RESPECTIVE THREAD OR GET BANNED!

What this section is for: -Getting help choosing parts for a computer -Getting help building a computer -Getting help with prebuilts -Getting help with laptops What to put in your thread (if you're looking for help on a build): -Budget -Games...

14th June 2009
by lazyV Go to last post
0 13,114
Help

$700 PC Upgrade (GPU/CPU replacement)

Hi guys, some peeps helped me build a PC nearly 3 years ago, and it's probably time for an upgrade. Here's my current stuff, hasn't changed much since that build: I was mostly looking to replace the CPU and GPU, as well as buy one or two more 1TB...

ZestyLemons 10 reading
35 Minutes Ago
by Dermock Go to last post
2 16
Help

Choosing a Motherboard - Suggestions

I'm getting a i5 4950, and I don't plan on overclocking anytime soon, so something with decent features I suppose.

2 Hours Ago
by Best4bond Go to last post
3 83
Computers

New gaming PC, 2170 budget. This thread has images

Time has come and I've started saving for new components and I want to get the basic build complete for purchase when I'm done saving up. The only things that might change is if a new GTX 800 series is released before I've bought the build. So, 2170,...

5 Hours Ago
by Levelog Go to last post
9 312
QUESTION

Is this worth upgrading? Can it hold out a bit more?

http://imgur.com/6kbj2Hn.png This PC is about 5 years old.It was a pre-built that I upgraded a bit (RAM and GPU, about 3 years ago). GPU is total crap, didn't know that since the seller was like " Yeah this should hold you out about 4 years or so...

1 Day Ago
by Rika-chan Go to last post
7 297
Help

Help me upgrade my PC

CPU: Intel i5 750 2.67 Lynfield 45nm RAM: G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 4GB DDR3 MOBO: ASUSTeK P7P55D-E PRO GPU: XFX RADEON HD 5850 HDD: 1TB SAMSUNG HD103SJ ATA PSU: CORSAIR TX Series CMPSU-650TX 650W That is my current build and I feel like its...

1 Day Ago
by miroki Go to last post
1 89
Help

solved $1200* build

Budget is around $1200 usd. *willing to go slightly higher if it will boost performance by an amount to make it worth it (Or if it isn't possible to fit all the things I want within a $1200 budget) $1500? I play loads of games. Arma 3 is something I...

1 Day Ago
by Skwee Go to last post
18 266
Help

Help get my build to <=$2000 This thread has images

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant CPU: Intel Core i7-4790K 4.0GHz Quad-Core Processor ($339.99 @ Newegg) CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i 77.0 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler ($99.99 @ Newegg) Motherboard: MSI Z97M Gaming Micro ATX LGA1150...

2 Days Ago
by Humin Go to last post
16 417
Computers

solved Good full tower case? This thread has images

Anyone know of good full tower cases with good airflow and don't look like ass (like most cases do)? I'd also accept mid tower cases if they were big enough and had a cable management side. My 6950 had issues getting into my current case, though I am...

2 Days Ago
by s5300 Go to last post
12 117
Help

What should I cut out of this build? $1950 including monitor, base, PSU and keyboard atm This thread has images

http://au.pcpartpicker.com/p/DGhBFT My intention was for a AUS$1500 build. However, my last gaming computer (a laptop) died about 2 years back and since then I've been using a cheapo $350 Eee PC laptop, borrowing relatives' PCs to play games. So I...

2 Days Ago
by Little Donny Go to last post
17 299
Computers

What do you think of this monitor Asus VG248QE

A link to the product page http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824236313 I bought this a few days ago and i am still waiting for the arrival of it. But i was wondering in the mean time what do you think of this monitor in...

2 Days Ago
by O_OnickO_O Go to last post
0 69
Computers

gainward and msi return policy

looking at the new gtx970 to replace my 670, which company's still do cross ship rma apart from EVGA?

2 Days Ago
by waylander Go to last post
0 46
Help

$300 PC using spare parts I already own.

I already got an H61M-VS motherboard, a 250 GB hard drive, a monitor, headphones, and a mouse. Including Windows 8 OEM, what is the best computer I can build for $300? I'm looking for as cheap as possible so try to go under the budget if you can. Just...

2 Days Ago
by elevate Go to last post
0 101
Help

Figuring out my best option for a (likely used) laptop.

So I'm just reposting this from a form on another site, because it already has the relevant information. What is your maximum budget? $400 What country are you in? USA What will be the uses of this laptop? Heavy browsing, VMs, very light...

3 Days Ago
by [EG] Pepper Go to last post
5 164
Help

solved Need new Graphics Card - What do I get?

SNIP Wrong SECTION

3 Days Ago
by [ToRn] Go to last post
0 117
Help

Gaming PC (800 Dollars)

So I want to build a real nice gaming computer that will last me awhile. PS sorry for posting another one of these. Budget- 500 dollars to 800 dollars. Games I will be playing- DayZ, Arma 2 & 3, Minecraft, CSGO, GMOD, ETC Monitors-...

4 Days Ago
by FlashMarsh Go to last post
2 165
Computers

$500 Gaming PC Build Budget

So I just crashed my old PC, looking to go a new route this time and build one myself. Budget - $520-700 or less. (Don't worry about tax) -Games that you'll play/Applications you'll use: CSS, GMOD, Just cause 2, GTA IV, TF2, Euro Truck Simulator 2,...

5 Days Ago
by FlashMarsh Go to last post
12 587
Computers

solved Building a gaming PC, $1200 Budget This thread has images

I've never built a desktop computer before, so I need help knowing which parts to buy and would also appreciate some tutorials/tips for my first time building. -Budget/Where you live I'm from the US and my budget is $1200 max. -Games that you'll...

5 Days Ago
4 175
pc games

Budget for Gaming/Streaming PC $600-$800

I'm looking to build a PC that could play games rather smoothly and stream them on twitch and such as well, spefifically stuff like Dark Souls 2 and ARMA 3. A wifi card would be ideal as well, as I cannot directly hook my pc up to a modem.

dvc
5 Days Ago
by Death Assured Go to last post
6 199
QUESTION

$900 Gaming/Recording PC

PCPartPicker I plan on using this build for gaming, recording, and rendering. I won't be recording games all the time, maybe once or twice a week. Any suggestions?

6 Days Ago
by corybiscuit Go to last post
2 136
Request

800$ Gaming PC

-Budget 800 dollars. -Games that you'll play/Applications you'll use Oh god, I have a shitty computer that runs CS:GO at 15 fps and Garry's mod at 20 if I'm lucky at ultra low. I wanna run Source games, maxed out, 60fps, and oh maybe since I can play...

1 Week Ago
1 230
Love

Samsung 840 Pro/Evo Warranty.

Just wondering, if your SSD dies because you have used it to the fullest (wrote all the gigs of memory before warranty runs out), what happens then? Does samsung send you a new one because it broke/died before warranty or not?

1 Week Ago
by Aide Go to last post
5 221
Work In Progress

New PC ~ 700ish$ This thread has images

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/PRjNsY Any suggestions? I have 2x8 Ram, from my current imac.

1 Week Ago
by DanielHershey Go to last post
8 155
Help

Building a PC, ~1400$ Budget. This thread has images

So I live in Canada and I want to make a new gaming computer, I don't really have a budget in mind but I think 1400$ is decent. So far that's what I've got, is that good? Under there I have a Seagate 1TB for 60$, I will probably be using the same...

1 Week Ago
18 347
News

solved Building a cheap (~300) pc for my parents.

This is what I've got right now, looking good? AMD A8-6600K Boxed 80,95 MSI A78M-E45 46,- Crucial BLT2CP4G3D1869DT1TX0CEU 72,95 Crucial MX100 256GB 89,80 Sharkoon MA-A1000 29,- be quiet! System Power 7 300W 29,75

1 Week Ago
by rakker Go to last post
9 219
Computers

solved $1,000 Ultrabook

Over the course of the upcoming week, I'm looking into buying a new laptop for college, the $1,000 budget does come with a good amount of sway. Priorities I know some of these will be hard to meet in the price range, but I'm willing to pay extra to...

1 Week Ago
by deadeye536 Go to last post
4 144
Love

solved $1200 gaming PC for a friend This thread has images

Would be nice to get suggestions on this, I am builiding an AMD based PC due to low budget and the fact that he insists on trying AMD this time, no spare parts like HDD from old PC or PC Case and such. CPU: AMD FX 8350 Mobo: Gigabyte GA-970A-D3 (was...

1 Week Ago
15 294
Help

$300-400 tablet with stylus

I'm looking for a tablet with a pressure sensitive stylus for quick doodling I've been looking at the ASUS VivoTab Note 8 and Nvidia SHIELD http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA1CZ1H03586&cm_re=vivotab-_-34-231-593-_-Product...

1 Week Ago
by Jund Go to last post
10 219
Work In Progress

solved Good Gaming Build Using R7850 2GB card $400 Budget

I've inherited a XFX 7850 double dissipation 2GB DDR5 card and a 600 watt power supply from another machine that is no longer working. I'd like some advice on what would be a good cpu/motherboard/ram for a new build involving that card, a power supply I...

1 Week Ago
by richard9311 Go to last post
6 191
Computers

Replacing motherboard/CPU/RAM, need parts advice

This build is from 2008 and is finally starting to show it's age, namely the motherboard that doesn't support anything better than what's in it currently (Intel Q9550) so I'm looking into replacing both. Also figure I should upgrade to DDR3 RAM while I'm...

1 Week Ago
1 142
Help

250 - 300 GFX cards.

My 580 died near on a year back and, simply put i had more important things to do than pay out for a new one till now. Trouble is im not really in the loop and using my mobile to look around websites for info just takes an age then either crashes or it...

1 Week Ago
2 171
Computers

Monitor: YAMAKASI Q270 vs X-STAR DP2710 vs QNIX QX2710

Don't have much experience with monitors, but looking at 3 models: The Yamakazi Q270 for $365 http://www.ebay.ca/itm/141016682918 The X-Star DP2710 for $312...

1 Week Ago
by Volcom13 Go to last post
4 200
Help

A good gaming build for around 1100 This thread has images

Hey, I don't know anything about buying computer parts online or anything like that and the place where I used to get parts for cheap locally got ran down by a piece of shit big corporation thing so I might need some help here. I've got a budget of...

1 Week Ago
by Rixxz2 Go to last post
1 190
Help

Got jog, so you know what that means....time for a another PC build thread. (Max about 800)

So, this will be a over time build as I have other priorities. So with that said, my max will be 800, but I can push to 1000~1300 if need be. However, if you can get it lower, that'd be awesome (without getting a ATI card, thx). PCPartPicker part list...

1 Week Ago
by Sodisna Go to last post
35 592
Help

Intel Core i7-4930K vs Xeon E5-2630 v2

Long story short, I am constructing a computer for use of heavy CAD and physical simulations (non-visually intensive) exclusively. Which would offer superior performance for this purpose: the Intel Core i7-4930K or the Xeon E5-2630 v2. CPU world offers...

1 Week Ago
by Angus725 Go to last post
6 312
Help

$700 - $900 Desktop build suggestions for a friend?

My friend is wanting to do video editing, streaming (playing games and streaming to Twitch and whatnot), and gaming of course. Build recommendations? Video editing and streaming is fairly important in this equation.

1 Week Ago
8 181
Computers

Looking to replace Radeon Graphics Card This thread has images

Hey guys, So I'm looking to buy a new graphics card, but without having to replace any other pieces so that the graphics card connects. From what I know, I need a graphics card with PCI-Express. My current graphics card is: AMD Radeon HD 5700...

2 Weeks Ago
by ENG.jonny Go to last post
10 352
pc games

$1,000 Gaming Budget

Hey, I'm looking to spend $1,000 on a new PC. The only things I already have are a mouse and two monitors. I made a quick build here, http://pcpartpicker.com/p/qbccBm I do want a GTX 770, but if I can add an upgrade with a better card by moving some...

V
2 Weeks Ago
by fishyfish777 Go to last post
4 253
QUESTION

Help my friend build a PC!! This thread has images

We've got a LAN coming up and he doesn't want to be that guy slapping his secondhand-IBM laptop during a game. . . Budget: ~900.00 USD So far: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/mRpLdC The 7950 was chosen over the GTX770 The i5 4670k was chosen over the...

2 Weeks Ago
by RandomGamer342 Go to last post
10 409
Help

Laptop (facebook machine) for a girl? $800 max

A friend of mine keeps asking that I helped choose a laptop for her, basically all she needs is facebook and MS office, it being pretty is a plus The only important requirement for it is that it won't be slow

2 Weeks Ago
by KillerKo4565 Go to last post
6 381
Computers

450 mid-range desktop computer specs

I was going to buy this one from pcworld but you guys told me I could build a better one, so what specs would you recommend for the same price? As a guideline I'd like to be able to play Garry's Mod on mid-high settings with a decent framerate if...

2 Weeks Ago
by Zethiwag Go to last post
4 145