Title / Thread Starter Last Post ByReverse Sort Order Replies Views
beta

Optimistic x 70

SECTION RULES - POST SMALL QUESTIONS IN THE RESPECTIVE THREAD OR GET BANNED!

What this section is for: -Getting help choosing parts for a computer -Getting help building a computer -Getting help with prebuilts -Getting help with laptops What to put in your thread (if you're looking for help on a build): -Budget -Games...

14th June 2009
by lazyV Go to last post
0 12,282
Help

Custom Gaming PC Build

Need help to make sure i am getting the correct parts i already have a case, psu and hard drives. I have got these parts together and i think it will make a decent gaming PC, The RAM will be upgraded at a later date and i will be using the on board...

1 Hour Ago
by Lordgeorge16 Go to last post
10 124
Help

[HELP] I need a decent Graphics Card

So my specs are: GIGABYTE 78LMT-S2P Motherboard PCI-E 2.0 x16 8GB DDR3 RAM Radeon HD6450 (HD my ass) 500w Power Supply I am looking for a decent card to play games with with a fairly good amount of highish quality textures at playable...

2 Hours Ago
by Tey Go to last post
37 643
QUESTION

Building a rival to next-gen consoles (UK) This thread has images

I am finally upgrading my PC, and I would like something that is not too expensive (~400) while providing similar or better levels of performance. I already have things like the HDD, case and PSU sorted, and I know what RAM and GPU I would buy (GTX 750Ti...

Adam.GameDev 1 reading
2 Hours Ago
by Adam.GameDev Go to last post
36 437
Computers

Need a new graphics card in 250$ price range This thread has images

Title says it all, currently have an AMD Radeon hd 6750. So I guess another AMD would be the best choice for an upgrade? Computer is a stock model: http://www.amazon.com/Gateway-FX6860-UR20P-Gaming-Desktop-Black/dp/B0050JSJU4

9 Hours Ago
by GiGaBiTe Go to last post
27 406
QUESTION

Home virtualization server [Low power build] This thread has images

Hey guys, Recently I posted about a mid-high end build for running games and virtual machines (http://facepunch.com/showthread.php?t=1336348). New developments with work made me realize that I never game anymore and only do testing at home. So my new...

1 Day Ago
7 121
Computers

Friend's Budget Game Build This thread has images

Hi, my friend wants to start PC gaming this Summer, and asked me. He has a 450 dollar budget and wants to play Fallout: New Vegas modded and some FPS, maybe even Emulation. http://pcpartpicker.com/parts/partlist/ We will be using an extra Windows 7...

1 Day Ago
by Lilyo Go to last post
20 338
Help

Getting a new PC/PC Parts in October - 1.2k Budget

Seeing that my PC is 'old' (and by Packard Bell), I've decided to get a new PC as soon as I've accumulated enough money. Newer games would probably melt both my graphics card and CPU, so I need some help on parts or full rigs for a gaming PC. What I...

1 Day Ago
by Tey Go to last post
3 129
Help

Unbearably low FPS on certain games

To start off, these are my specs: Operating System: Windows 8 64-bit (6.2, Build 9200) (9200.win8_gdr.130531-1504) Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4770 CPU @ 3.40GHz (8 CPUs), ~3.4GHz Available OS Memory: 16338MB RAM Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce...

2 Days Ago
11 242
Computers

Upgrading to a ZOTAC NVIDA 780 3GB to replace my AMD 7850, is this a logical upgrade choice with these specs? This thread has images

My CPU is currently overclocked to 4.2ghz on 1.151v My PSU is a Corsair CX600 series (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817139028) I am planning to upgrade to this GPU as the title says...

2 Days Ago
by Tey Go to last post
7 259
Computers

Need a new rig $1000ish budget ( 2 Last ) This thread has images

Pretty much I need a new gaming rig, that can easily run anything for around $1000. I don't need a keyboard, Mouse, Speakers/Headphones, Hard drive, Monitor Where can I get the best deals?

2 Days Ago
by JC2Gamer1456 Go to last post
40 655
Help

Upgrading Motherboard + CPU This thread has images

I'm planning on gradually upgrading my PC as it's been about 4 years since I built it and I want to be able to run newer games. Naturally I'm starting with the motherboard and processor. My current build is: Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-870A-UD3 CPU:...

2 Days Ago
by Lilyo Go to last post
7 187
Computers

Looking to buy new graphics card. Around 200 budget This thread has images

I intend to upgrade from an AMD Radeon HD 7700 Series to a EVGA GeForce GTX 760 SC 2048MB GDDR5. But I am not sure that is the right card? Is there anything better that I could get for the same price. Basically I want it to be able to play BF4 ultra at...

3 Days Ago
14 281
games

gaming pc budget: 1200 portugal

Hey guys i live in portugal and am currently looking for good parts for my computer for a budget of 1,200. i am looking to play battlefield 3 and 4.

3 Days Ago
3 103
Help

solved $400 Gaming Build

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks CPU: AMD FX-6300 3.5GHz 6-Core Processor ($109.99 @ Amazon) Motherboard: ASRock 960GM/U3S3 FX Micro ATX AM3+ Motherboard ($53.99 @ Newegg) Memory: A-Data XPG V1.0 4GB (1 x 4GB)...

3 Days Ago
by Wingz Go to last post
25 717
Computers

Build for family

I'm looking to replace an old computer with a newer one that will hopefully last a fairly long time. PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks CPU: Intel Core i3-4130 3.4GHz Dual-Core Processor ($118.97 @ OutletPC) ...

3 Days Ago
by Levelog Go to last post
2 104
Help

$400 gaming pc

After my original pc broke down I ended up buying a macbook, however i have begun to miss being able to play games at a good fps. So i have decided to build my own, and then i realized i dont have the slightest knowledge in pc building/ computer parts....

4 Days Ago
by Tey Go to last post
4 218
Politics

Preparing my computer for all that next gen beauty.

So the PS4 and Xbone is out in the open world and i am pretty sure that within a year or 2-3 we will have most games on next-gen graphics, so my PC gotta be ready for that. I was thinking at a upgrade first of all, since my PC is quite decent in my...

4 Days Ago
by Tey Go to last post
7 223
Computers

Server Hosting PC

I have plenty of spare parts laying around and was wondering how to go about building a game server PC. I want to host games like Counter Strike, Arma 2, Garry's Mod with player bases of about 10 people. Now, here's what I have for spare parts: ...

4 Days Ago
19 263
Art

Super Kijiji Blue light special

Is this shit worth $640? Phenom II X3 720 BE (4th core unleashed and OC @ 3.6 GHz like a 955) OCZ Vendetta 2 Cooler Master Cosmos S OCZ OCZ3P16004GK DDR3 @ 1600 Asus M4A78T-E 2 X HIS 6850 in crossfire (OC @ 850 MHz like a 6870) OCZ Vertex 120GB

4 Days Ago
9 219
Computers

A new pc build

Hey guys, I will be building a new computer in maybe 2 weeks, and I made 2builds on PcPartpicker, here they are: http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/3o7xt (AMD FX6300, GTX 760) http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/3oIyZ (i5 4670, r9 270) My budget is 600,...

6 Days Ago
4 172
Computers

''Medium Gaming PC'' ?

Hello, I want to play the most games on Medium-High but I need to buy a new PC. How much is such a PC? What PC would you think I should buy

1 Week Ago
by Troll Go to last post
25 443
Help

Need help figuring out my friend's $1.6k build This thread has images

He already has: -Keyboard -Audio -Mouse -Monitor and he currently is thinking of getting a budget new case. (Case is not included into the total)

1 Week Ago
10 206
Help

Upgrading, need to know if these parts are compatible

I'm not very good with this kind of stuff so I had a friend help me pick out some parts, I would just like for someone to confirm whether or not everything here will work together. Current build: Motherboard -...

1 Week Ago
by Npc_Hydra3 Go to last post
4 155
Computers

Critiques/Suggestions on this gaming build.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks CPU: Intel Core i5-4670K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor ($227.99 @ NCIX US) CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D14 65.0 CFM CPU Cooler ($78.50 @ Newegg) Motherboard: MSI Z87-GD65 Gaming ATX...

1 Week Ago
by Death_God Go to last post
27 341
Computers

8gb or 16gb ram

would having 8gb of ram differ in noticeable performance from 16gb of ram? I'm building a new pc and I'll use it for gaming, music production, photoshop and video editing, would i be able to notice the difference?

1 Week Ago
by based Go to last post
10 265
Computers

Computer illiterate looking for new graphics card

My video card conked out recently, and I don't really know where to go from here. I've had an HD6770 for several years now, and I want to step my shit up. I was looking at a 6850 because I found a pretty good deal on one, but I really don't know. My...

1 Week Ago
by Lilyo Go to last post
19 325
Computers

Gaming College Laptop - Price range $1000-1200

Hello, I previously posted in here about gaming laptops and didnt get too much feedback on it. SO. After I did some browsing around I found a few laptops that might be good for gaming. I am just wondering what you guys or girls think about the options I...

1 Week Ago
by based Go to last post
7 166
Art

laptop for programming (work) This thread has images

I'd like to buy a laptop and take it to work; I'll be using just a text editor and a web browser ( web dev ); I'll also be running a linux distro on it (likely kubuntu); symbol country would be nice; I know nothing about laptops and I just really...

1 Week Ago
5 141
Help

Lenovo T440s

Hey guys, i've been looking for a decent laptop, and i recently came across the Lenovo T440s with a geforce graphics card ( http://shop.lenovo.com/dk/da/laptops/thinkpad/t-series/t440s/index.html ). And now i'm considering buying it, but since it's very...

1 Week Ago
by taipan Go to last post
3 151
Computers

$1,300 Gaming PC Budget - Canada

Hey, everyone. I'm about to start ordering parts for a new PC build (over the next couple months), but of all the parts I'm having difficulty settling on a motherboard. I'm wanting to SLI two GTX 760's at some point, and I don't plan on doing any serious...

1 Week Ago
by Lilyo Go to last post
5 234
Computers

Arch File server/Dev machine

I need an Arch file server that I'll also ssh in to for development purposes. So it doesn't need to be powerful. What I have so far. 1 x CoolerMaster Elite 110 Mini ITX Case - $49.00ea 1 x Silverstone Strider 500W ST50F-ES - $59.00ea 1 x Western...

1 Week Ago
4 115
Computers

$600-$700 Laptop for light gaming

A friend of mine is looking to get into PC gaming a bit more. Unfortunately, their situation doesn't really allow them to use a desktop. Budget: $700 at the most. Games/Applications: Should be able to run source engine games great, especially newer...

1 Week Ago
by RoboChimp Go to last post
6 268
QUESTION

solved Looking into a new GPU and motherboard

I recently purchased a new case, now I am looking into upgrading my system a little more. My current setup: -Cooler Master Hyper 212 Plus -XFX Core Edition PRO650W (P1-650S-NLB9) 650W ATX12V -EVGA GeForce GTX 560 Ti FPB (Fermi) -Intel Core i5-3570K...

1 Week Ago
9 140
Computers

Second hand build

Buying a second hand computer off a friend, Going to make sure its all working and stuff first, Do you think this is worth it for 370? http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/3kRNr

1 Week Ago
by boshuajackman Go to last post
6 151
QUESTION

Laptop or desktop for video editing?

Hello guys, i'm on the market for a new pc, and i've been wondering, what's the best solution for me? Laptop or pc? Primarily i want to do some video editing i After Effects, and maybe also some 3ds max. So the pc needs to fulfill these needs. But i would...

1 Week Ago
by chill_dude Go to last post
6 144
Help

700 - 1000$ Gaming Computer? ( Laptop / Desktop )

I own a 2004 custom built computer and believe me, I have even troubles running flash games, so I need to change right now. Is there any laptop or desktop computers that matches my style? Budget: 700 - 1000$, not more. Games'n'Apps: Pratically being...

1 Week Ago
by Bumbanut Go to last post
1 132
School

Project- building a computer budget 1200 - PORTUGAL

Hey guys i live in portugal and am currently looking for good parts for my computer for a budget of 1,200. i am looking to play battlefield 3 and 4. i want to get a good monitor, mouse keyboard, speakers and comfortable and good headset. this computer is...

1 Week Ago
by thatguy17799 Go to last post
0 102
Computers

Custom Watercooling

I currently have a closed-loop watercooling system just to the CPU, and with upgrades and high-overclocking in the near future, I want to put together a full custom loop. I'm fairly new to watercooling so I'm not very fluent on what to get. It'd be...

1 Week Ago
5 153
pc games

$1700 gaming - what's your input?

CPU: Intel Core i5-4670K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor ($227.99 @ NCIX US) CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D14 65.0 CFM CPU Cooler ($71.99 @ Mwave) Motherboard: MSI Z87-G45 Gaming ATX LGA1150 Motherboard ($134.99 @ NCIX US) Memory: Corsair Vengeance 8GB...

1 Week Ago
by Rybo1227 Go to last post
10 402
Help

Proposed Upgrades

So, I will soon be coming into some birthday money/saved up some money from work. I am looking to replace some of the parts I cheapened out on due to budget constraints over the 6 months I build my computer. It would be greatly appreciated if I could get...

1 Week Ago
13 213