Title / Thread Starter Last Post ByReverse Sort Order Replies Views
Help

Don't do stuff untill <time>

I want a page to do stuff based on if a time has passed I had if (strtotime($rs) > strtotime(date("m/d/Y H:i a"))) { //stuff to do if time has passed }else{ //keep telling them they're banned } ($rs...

7th July 2009
by Xeon06 Go to last post
7 982
C#

ComboBox Databinding in WPF

I have 4 comboboxes that contain 2 sets of data pulled from an xml document. The 1st and 3rd boxes are the main "category" while the 2nd and 4th are the "subcategory". When the 1st or 3rd selection is changed, the 2nd and 4th need to be updated with the...

7th July 2009
by Sophei Go to last post
2 7,835
C++

Simple physics sandbox (Python / pyGame / pyMunk) ( 2 Last ) This thread has images

Here a little sandbox game made by me (I just learned how to use pyMunk and pyGame). You can add more than 500 balls, and regulate the gravity. For now you can't do anything special: you can just spawn balls and change the gravity, so they can fall down...

8th July 2009
by TerabyteS Go to last post
42 4,370
C#

Programming collab? ( 2 3 4 5 Last )

Hey folks, Since there is a lot of skill over here at FP, I thought we should maybe have a project for the programming subforum. Something cool, like a game maybe. We could use svn to be able to make changes on the project and we could have a topic to...

8th July 2009
by Sporbie Go to last post
187 6,641
C++

Multiple file problem/forward declarations

Background: I have a year-ish of experience programing from a class and through a book/lots of internet searching for c++. From scratch, I've been trying to make a program that uses a character array to simulate pixels on a screen. Theres two...

8th July 2009
by jA_cOp Go to last post
3 676
Tutorial

Dropbox, and why you need it. ( 2 Last ) This thread has images

Seeing that this forum is full of coders and designers, I should I should post this. Having multiple computers sucks sometimes, but Dropbox fixed that for me. What is it? Basically its an application you download and install, it puts a folder wherever...

8th July 2009
by arienh4 Go to last post
48 3,000
Help

id Tech 3: Any Tutorials?

I've searched long and hard for any tutorials relating to this engine, and I can't find any. Where should I look?

9th July 2009
by MrBob1337 Go to last post
3 1,360
C++

Visual Studio 2010 font in Visual Studio 2008 This thread has images

Hi, I really like the font (Consolas) in Visual Studio 2010 and tried to set it in Visual Studio 2008, but it didn't turn out so well. It looked like this in VS 2010: and this in 2008:

9th July 2009
by unironically Go to last post
9 1,230
C++

Download Visual C++? I have a key and damaged disk

Anyone know where I can download a copy of Visual C++ Enterprise Edition? I have the discs and a legit key, but disk one has a huge scratch on the foil backing itself, so I can't use it. Also, would it even run on Vista? I found an old Sams 'teach...

9th July 2009
by nos217 Go to last post
5 920
Help

Code::Blocks question

For Code::Blocks how do I add the includes and library folders?

10th July 2009
by willia23 Go to last post
3 537
C++

SSH C++ library?

I'm coding a simple C++ program, and I want to execute a command on a remote server via SSH. But I can't find a proper SSH library. Well, I found this one: http://www.netsieben.com/products/ssh/ but I don't really know how to compile it on windows (it...

10th July 2009
by PvtCupcakes Go to last post
7 2,500
C++

C++ Packet Sniffing using WinPCap

Well, I recently started programming and want to look at some network programming - been trying to get WinPCap set up for the past hour but to no avail. My code is only this so far: #include <iostream> #include <pcap.h> using namespace std; int...

11th July 2009
by high6 Go to last post
4 2,924
Help

Saving JTable contents

I'm working on a Java program that reads text files, creates the appropriate number of panels according to the text files, and saves any changes made. I have everything but the saving down and it's confusing me. I've done several web searches but all I...

11th July 2009
by Rand0mNumber Go to last post
2 1,586
C++

Can't clear a char*

I'm working on reading Ogg Vorbis tags. Here is my code: #include "ogg.h" int ogg_read(FILE *musicFile) { int readBytes = 0; int i = 0;

11th July 2009
by HubmaN V2 Go to last post
15 957
C++

Get member function address?

Okay so what I am trying to do is create a base class for hooking a place in memory. Now you cannot have naked member functions so this is my idea for a work around. Basically, The call is redirected to the block of assembly. The block of...

12th July 2009
by high6 Go to last post
4 706
Help

How do you convert a HTML page into C++ This thread has images

I just made a pretty cool website, but im trying to run it in C++. I tried all the compilers too. visuall C++, visual basic, visual C#. but nothing worked. What do I do?

12th July 2009
by jivemasta Go to last post
10 1,006
C#

WinInfo - Display Information about your computer This thread has images

Here's a program I made in C#. This is a pretty simple program, and it works like "dxdiag" (DirectX Diagnostic Tool) or any other Computer Information Displayer program. You can scan using 3 functions: "Type", "Category" and "Object". For example,...

12th July 2009
by Dansil Go to last post
8 946
Help

Image turning up white SFML This thread has images

Hi I am currently working on a small project just for learning experiences and the fact that I am bored. I have run into a bit of a problem however. What i have so far is one tileset.png that is loaded and then I use subrect to pull it apart and make...

12th July 2009
by Mr.123 Go to last post
12 2,619
Tutorial

How to make designs that don't suck ( 2 Last ) This thread has images

Hello everyone, TEAM PAWNDERS dropping in with a very fine ass tutorial on how to make website designs that are not horrible atrocities of mankind. To be honest, it's very simple, all you need to do is follow this list: Do not use stripes. I know you...

12th July 2009
by wingless Go to last post
76 2,896
Work In Progress

Another game engine thing. ( 2 3 4 5 6 Last )

I'm writing a game engine. It's going to be written entirely in C. SDL and OpenGL provide window management, input, image loading, and 3D rendering. Goals: BSP map support Abstract base layer thing - Pretty much done. IBSP loader - Mostly...

12th July 2009
by ddrl46 Go to last post
212 8,607
C++

DirectX, WM_SIZE, access violations

I'm trying to reset a d3d device in the WM_SIZE event of a window, but it's causing access violations all over the place. I'm guessing this is because WndProc is on a different thread or something. All the examples I can find do exactly what I'm trying. ...

13th July 2009
by Xera Go to last post
3 1,007
HTML

DeadCamo [grunge css/html template] This thread has images

~DeadCamo~ I don't plan to release the src until i get it in php and remake it for SMF. CLICK IMAGE FOR FULL VIEW

13th July 2009
by n00bmuffin Go to last post
17 998
Help

Visual Basic Help...

Okay, so I got pretty much zero help with this over at Fast Threads, I dunno what I expected really. Anyway, as posted there: I need to be able to use a variable that I declared in one Sub in another one. Code here: Public Class Form1

13th July 2009
by Applecrap Go to last post
2 491
C++

Class Problems, calling from other scopes.

I'm trying to do things with classes, but the tutorials don't seem to cover this. I have a header file that handles user input. In the user input, when space is pressed I create a new member of the class and increment the integer "ballamount" by one. I...

13th July 2009
by nos217 Go to last post
26 1,092
Tutorial

I want to learn how to code but don't have a clue where to start

Balls forgot to read the stick sorry for that Can a mod close this please

14th July 2009
by efeX Go to last post
19 1,315
Help

iD Tech Computer Camp's "Unreal Engine 3" Course

Frankly, does it look worth the (from what I've read) $779 price tag? Link A few things I've found - Before you cream yourself, it's not the iD of Doom fame. - It seems like it uses ACTUAL programming, not that FPSC shit that...

14th July 2009
by robmaister12 Go to last post
11 1,930
C++

SDL Quitting Help

I began writing an engine in SDL, but i've come across a problem. When I quit the game, via escape or the X icon, it does not close the console, keeping it running. This is the code i'm using (Obviously not all of it): case SDL_QUIT:...

14th July 2009
by t0rento Go to last post
23 2,173
C#

2D Shooter Help

This should just be basic trig but for some reason I can't get it to work right. I'm trying to make a bullet shoot from the player position towards the mouse position like a 2D shooter but something is wrong. It works out fine on paper I just don't know...

14th July 2009
by VoiDeD Go to last post
5 761
C++

Having trouble passing a pointer to a struct to other functions.

Here are my headers: kajamtag.h #ifndef _KAJAMTAG_H #define _KAJAMTAG_H #include <stdio.h> #include <stdlib.h> #include <string.h>

14th July 2009
17 1,812
Help

Access problem?

Alright, I'm just starting with this whole programming thing, and I'm trying to compile a small file for C++. I hear there's some problems with compiling in Vista, but I don't know. I run the program in administrator and enter the following as I have been...

15th July 2009
by efeX Go to last post
21 907
PHP

Making a closeable alert box (Like we have here at the top for alerts)?

I'm wondering how to go about making an alert box (You know, like the one at the top that says "Hi Username! We've started automatically closing big threads..." etc.) that you can close. I know how to make the actual box itself using styles and whatnot,...

15th July 2009
by Torekk Go to last post
12 1,015
Help

How would I run a batch file when I eject my external HDD?

I don't know how you guys feel about batch, but I am currently using it for it's simplicity. If needed I can reference some vbscript for this part. Basically what I am doing is creating a little script which generates a shortcut on the desktop to my...

16th July 2009
by robmaister12 Go to last post
7 1,286
HTML

Chrome Experiments - Browser Ball This thread has images

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3al8prbfK5o See http://www.chromeexperiments.com/detail/browser-ball/ or http://www.chromeexperiments.com/ for more

16th July 2009
by Christarp3 Go to last post
29 1,888
Help

Could someone help me with a simple .ini file problem?

Hey guys. So, I'm tweaking a rainmeter skin through it's .ini file, and I've just ran into a problem. I want the skin to be able to snap onto the edge of the left side of my screen, but when I try to drag into onto the side, it won't move. I can drag it...

16th July 2009
by Eight Bit Go to last post
4 1,005
C++

Beginner C++: Calculator

Hi, I've been lurking around here for quite a while now and I decided I should get back into coding. You see when I was pretty young, maybe 9 or 10 my dad taught me the basics of BBC Basic. I've tried many other languages, but have given up after a...

17th July 2009
by TheHand Go to last post
38 1,401
Help

Starting with SFML, having trouble with OpenGL This thread has images

http://www.sfml-dev.org/tutorials/1.5/window-opengl.php Up to that part in the tutorial. #include "stdafx.h" #include <SFML/Window.hpp> #include <iostream> int _tmain(int argc, _TCHAR* argv) { sf::Window App(sf::VideoMode(800, 600, 32), "SFML...

17th July 2009
by Jallen Go to last post
6 2,193
Help

Why is my Mysql connection not working?

Here's a link to the Php script which controls it: http://elliottstutorials.com/elliottstutorials/php.php here's the script: <html><body> <title>Password!</title> <center><h4>Admin page</h4></center> <?php mysql_connect("*******", "******",...

17th July 2009
by Wipmuck Go to last post
15 1,068
C++

Microsoft "Code7" Contest - Write a native Windows app for 7. Get prize. ( 2 Last )

Microsoft has created a contest called Code7 in which you can get prizes (not a lot) for creating a native program for Windows that utilizes a new feature in Windows 7. For more info you can check it out here: https://www.code7contest.com/ Prizes...

17th July 2009
by Panda X Go to last post
52 2,069
C++

Collision Detection Problem

I wrote a small chunk of code for my SFML game that (should) cycle through every entity and check if it collides with the given entity. If it finds a match, it returns the entity (pointer) and breaks from the loop. However, this is not what happens....

17th July 2009
by MrBob1337 Go to last post
2 521
C++

"C" in the class name, your thoughts? ( 2 Last ) This thread has images

Lately I have picked up doing class CAClass {}; Personally I like it because it frees up the word "AClass" and I can quickly tell it is a class. What do you guys think about this? I know a lot of people do this with "I" and interfaces.

17th July 2009
by ROBO_DONUT Go to last post
47 2,155
Help

Templates refuse to compile

Hey there gents, I've been trying to get these to compile in a test (They compile fine on their own, but as soon as I create an instance of the class it shits itself), so some help would be appreciated. here's my code Vector3.hpp namespace Math...

17th July 2009
by blankthemuffin Go to last post
14 895
C++

2 Classes point to each other?

How do you have 2 classes point to each other? I have tried ClassA.h #pragma once #include "ClassB.h" class ClassA { ClassB* B;

18th July 2009
5 514
C++

Precompiled header?

Does anyone ever use it? I personally have just been deleting it and forgetting it but recently I have been wanting to mess around with it. Is it good to use or no? I am a windows programmer so none of this portability crap please.

18th July 2009
by HubmaN V2 Go to last post
12 871
Help

Help Making a Calculator in VB

As you can probably guess, I'm new to programming and I am teaching myself VB for my Computing course next year. I'm currently working on a calculator project and everthing is fine until the decimal. Basically I need to ask, if the textbox contains a...

18th July 2009
by Zayfox Go to last post
7 1,023
C++

What are you working on? ( 2 3 4 5 .. 23 24 25 26 Last ) This thread has images

Post a little bit about what you're coding right now. I'm coding a particle editor. It's in C++ using windows forms. (so technically managed c++) You can read more about it here: http://www.garry.tv/?p=995

18th July 2009
by nullsquared Go to last post
1,001 47,511
C++

What are you working on? V.2

Whoops nevermind, close this.

18th July 2009
by compwhizii Go to last post
2 560
C++

A permanent pointer to an element in a vector

I need a way to have a pointer permanently point to an element in a std::vector. Using a pointer to an element works fine, until another element is added, as demonstrated by the following code: #include <iostream> #include <vector> int main( ) {...

18th July 2009
by Z_guy Go to last post
6 830
Help

Greese Monkey script to remove ratings? This thread has images

I know this isn't necessarily programming, but I found this to be the most fitting channel. I liked facepunch back without ratings. It was really just less distracting and what not. I just preferred it without ratings. So, I was wondering if anyone...

18th July 2009
by Caps lock Go to last post
21 931
Help

Python Question

Hi, I'm new to the forums and just found this subsection. Basically, I just started reading a book about Python, and the language is great and all that. My question is: How do I change the colour of the output text? I already tried with the...

18th July 2009
by lemongrapes Go to last post
5 516
Help

Webbrowser help >.<

Okay so I have two webbrowsers in one window (for the FP Browser project), but I want it like so when I click a link in the first webbrowser, I want the second one to navigate instead of the first. How would one do this? :bang:

18th July 2009
by compwhizii Go to last post
6 527
Help

Webbrowser Text Formatting help!

So you may have noticed my Webbrowser I am making in this same section. Well, I am making a Text Formatting box, and it is like when you press a button that says , it will add the text to the richtextbox. But how do I make it so it doesn't replace...

18th July 2009
by MS Explorer Go to last post
9 650
Help

A weird problem

I have been making a game in C++. It started as console-application, and it seems that it has to stay as one. The game reports stuff every frame. This does not slow or crash the game. The problem is, that if I remove the reporting-stuff, the game...

18th July 2009
by Ortzinator Go to last post
3 442
Help

Dev C++ issues

im making a simple access program using DevC++, im using Cmd, and windows app....now when i go to make a get-line code to tell the commands....and i get this error. ISO C++ forbids comparison between pointer and integer in if(timecode == "play 1") ...

18th July 2009
by ROBO_DONUT Go to last post
20 1,233
PHP

Loading fairly slow PHP after the rest of the page has loaded

I've got some really slow PHP server queries showing down the left hand of my website, and it's making the rest of the website slow as a result of it. How would I allow the page to load first, and then let the crappy slow PHP load after that?

19th July 2009
by danharibo Go to last post
10 1,106
Help

Having trouble with GetPixel

I'm having trouble using GetPixel. What I'm trying to do is get the Paint window and get the red, green, and blue values of a certain location. But when I try to view the values there all 255. I know this can be right because the area is not white. Here's...

19th July 2009
by ltkerr0r Go to last post
1 503
Help

Toggling visibility of an object in JS

I have a .swf that I am trying to hide and show using Javascript. These are my hiding / showing functions: <script language="JavaScript"> function hideswf() { document.getElementById('swf').display = 'none';...

19th July 2009
by Robert64 Go to last post
2 445
HTML

GreaseMonkey script for garrysmod.org - faster downloads This thread has images

This is a GreaseMonkey script to speed up downloads on garrysmod.org by skipping the Codeen mirror. I've taken the old script by aVoN and rewrote it to suit the new uploads being served by the Amazon S3, since most recent ones would fail. //...

19th July 2009
by Keegs_ Go to last post
10 2,810
Help

Python indention error

I've encountered an error which just doesn't make sense. def getinput(): raw_input(" - ", prompt) if prompt == "!start": #startcode elif prompt == "!quit":

20th July 2009
by Warsheep Go to last post
3 363
Help

Any good video tutorial series for Visual Basic 2008?

I googled it but I found all shit stuff. Can anyone help me find a good Visual basic video tutorial series?

20th July 2009
by walpoles93 Go to last post
4 504
Help

VB Reload Problem

Hi, I have an application that when it opens, opens an input box. Private Sub Form1_Load(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles MyBase.Load Pic0.Visible = True word = InputBox("What is your word?",...

20th July 2009
3 565
Help

Convert a normal XHTML/CSS Website to WordPress template.

Hi, I'm needing help on how to convert my website to a word press template, I'm pretty good at (X)HTML and CSS but not PHP.

20th July 2009
by SteveUK Go to last post
3 1,185
Help

What was that site that offered free programs to students offered by Microsoft?

Title says all. A while on Facepunch someone posted a thread with a find of Microsoft offering its development programs for teachers and students. I can't seem to find it.

20th July 2009
by gparent Go to last post
11 820
C++

New to functions in C++, help please?

Right, so I'm fairly new to the C++ scene, and currently my book is telling me to learn about functions. It gave me an example on a triangle number function, where you input a number and it adds all of the numbers from one to the number you put in....

20th July 2009
by Cathbadh Go to last post
26 1,560
Help

Inserting to MySQL always at end

I have a MySQL table for the comments on my site, and an admin feature for me to delete them. Posting replies and deleting works fine, but whenever someone posts after I deleted something the post is put in the gap. Like this: Before deleting: 1. hi 2....

21st July 2009
by Wyzard Go to last post
6 529
C++

Design layout software This thread has images

Anyone have any recommendations? I wanna give it a try and see if laying out a design first helps.

21st July 2009
by r4nk_ Go to last post
11 947
Help

C#

So I was thinking the other day... "Hey, I should learn a programmin language!" so I looked around and I saw C# so I figured C# was MINE!!! Im just curious, does anyone have any personal preferences on compiles/tuts/etc?

21st July 2009
by Squad Go to last post
4 630
Help

Using VLC with VB.NET

Basically I'm trying to build a media program, you open the file, it plays it. Windos Media Player sucks and so I've moved on from using that and I decided to try VLC coz it is compatible with a large range of things etc. I've been able to install it...

walpoles93 1 reading
21st July 2009
9 11,607
C#

Index was outside of bounds of the array This thread has images

I brought the book Programming Microsoft Visual C# 2008: The Language I open the book, And type in the hello world code as it says in the book, However I get an error... using System; using System.Collections.Generic; using System.Linq; using...

21st July 2009
by VoiDeD Go to last post
7 778
C++

Mutliple projects?

My solution has gotten large and I feel it would be easier to work with as several projects. I plan on having 4 projects. Main LLC.dll (LowLevelCode) LTM.dll (LowToManaged) MC.dll (ManagedCode) Now with dlls, are you limited to exports or can...

21st July 2009
by high6 Go to last post
0 312
Help

Some C++ Questions

I'm writing a "number guessing game" in C++, but I'm having some problems. How would I have it run through the if/else statement again, after the person gets the number wrong, again? Also: how would I get the program to go back to the beginning after the...

21st July 2009
by Klownox Go to last post
2 490
C++

2D Tile Engine?

Are there any tile engines out there under a zlib license or software image renderers?

22nd July 2009
by efeX Go to last post
7 926
Help

Using Folder Browser Dialog in VB.NET

Hi, I am currently making a multimedia application in VB.NET using the vlc ax plugin. I want the user to have the option to open a single file to the playlist or add an entire folder to the playlist. Obviously opening a single file wasn't any...

22nd July 2009
2 1,446
Help

My project won't compile if I declare a class in another file

Language: C++ IDE: Code::Blocks For ease of use and not having one big and cluttered main file, I like to separate all my helper functions into another file and then include that into the main file. However, I don't know how to do it properly with...

22nd July 2009
by X-Neon Go to last post
6 767
Help

Wireless driver Query

I am making a small app that will find me in my school using the 40 W.A.P's in there. i have collected the MAC adresses for all of the AP's. But now i need to find out how to get the mac adresses of the AP i am connected to. I was thinking to do this...

22nd July 2009
by benjojo Go to last post
5 525
C++

Is this instruction set good?

I figured out how to make a RISC turing-complete instruction set, please tell me if it's missing something important (It's for gmod wiremod): The code is 100% self-modifiable and uses 3-word commands. # --- Command --- Arg1 ------ Arg2 1 read...

22nd July 2009
by Cathbadh Go to last post
15 1,013
Help

Code::Blocks Loading maps?

Im using Code::Blocks, i int the window, and did everything, but i just dont understand how to load Maps, and get it to load otherfiles...... can someone tell me how to load maps, and how to get it to load files... Like if i have start_menu.cpp, and...

22nd July 2009
by ZeekyHBomb Go to last post
10 775
C#

XNA Deferred rendering This thread has images

I'm following http://www.ziggyware.com/readarticle.php?article_id=155&rowstart=0 But something's breaking at some point and I'm getting A video:

22nd July 2009
by Kylegar Go to last post
19 1,714
Help

PHP & Apache server setup This thread has images

Which do I pick? I think I'd need extensions (it has stuff like cURL and others) but Extras (just has PEAR (what is PEAR?) and the manual) and script executable I have no idea about

23rd July 2009
by Costest Go to last post
5 574
Help

OpenGL problems :-/

Having some trouble getting a square to bounce (and look) properly in OpenGL. I just have a feeling I'm missing something. my initialize, draw and update functions, as well as the class constructor. (application is using SFML. Just thought I should...

23rd July 2009
by Chandler Go to last post
6 840
Help

Some questions on 2d games

First off, are there any really good renders for 2d games like there is for 3d( ex: ogre3d) Second, if you wanted to make one custom whats best to do? Use directx and just make polys and render textures for players and terrain to the polys or what?

23rd July 2009
by Dlaor Go to last post
3 544