Title / Thread Starter Last Post ByReverse Sort Order Replies Views
Help

Don't do stuff untill <time>

I want a page to do stuff based on if a time has passed I had if (strtotime($rs) > strtotime(date("m/d/Y H:i a"))) { //stuff to do if time has passed }else{ //keep telling them they're banned } ($rs...

7th July 2009
by Xeon06 Go to last post
7 893
csharp

ComboBox Databinding in WPF

I have 4 comboboxes that contain 2 sets of data pulled from an xml document. The 1st and 3rd boxes are the main "category" while the 2nd and 4th are the "subcategory". When the 1st or 3rd selection is changed, the 2nd and 4th need to be updated with the...

7th July 2009
by Sophei Go to last post
2 7,407
cpp

Simple physics sandbox (Python / pyGame / pyMunk) ( 2 Last ) This thread has images

Here a little sandbox game made by me (I just learned how to use pyMunk and pyGame). You can add more than 500 balls, and regulate the gravity. For now you can't do anything special: you can just spawn balls and change the gravity, so they can fall down...

8th July 2009
by TerabyteS Go to last post
42 4,005
csharp

Programming collab? ( 2 3 4 5 Last )

Hey folks, Since there is a lot of skill over here at FP, I thought we should maybe have a project for the programming subforum. Something cool, like a game maybe. We could use svn to be able to make changes on the project and we could have a topic to...

8th July 2009
by Sporbie Go to last post
187 6,068
cpp

Multiple file problem/forward declarations

Background: I have a year-ish of experience programing from a class and through a book/lots of internet searching for c++. From scratch, I've been trying to make a program that uses a character array to simulate pixels on a screen. Theres two...

8th July 2009
by jA_cOp Go to last post
3 577
Tutorial

Dropbox, and why you need it. ( 2 Last ) This thread has images

Seeing that this forum is full of coders and designers, I should I should post this. Having multiple computers sucks sometimes, but Dropbox fixed that for me. What is it? Basically its an application you download and install, it puts a folder wherever...

8th July 2009
by arienh4 Go to last post
48 2,748
Help

id Tech 3: Any Tutorials?

I've searched long and hard for any tutorials relating to this engine, and I can't find any. Where should I look?

9th July 2009
by MrBob1337 Go to last post
3 1,213
cpp

Visual Studio 2010 font in Visual Studio 2008 This thread has images

Hi, I really like the font (Consolas) in Visual Studio 2010 and tried to set it in Visual Studio 2008, but it didn't turn out so well. It looked like this in VS 2010: and this in 2008:

9th July 2009
by unironically Go to last post
9 1,117
cpp

Download Visual C++? I have a key and damaged disk

Anyone know where I can download a copy of Visual C++ Enterprise Edition? I have the discs and a legit key, but disk one has a huge scratch on the foil backing itself, so I can't use it. Also, would it even run on Vista? I found an old Sams 'teach...

9th July 2009
by nos217 Go to last post
5 861
Help

Code::Blocks question

For Code::Blocks how do I add the includes and library folders?

10th July 2009
by willia23 Go to last post
3 446
cpp

SSH C++ library?

I'm coding a simple C++ program, and I want to execute a command on a remote server via SSH. But I can't find a proper SSH library. Well, I found this one: http://www.netsieben.com/products/ssh/ but I don't really know how to compile it on windows (it...

10th July 2009
by PvtCupcakes Go to last post
7 2,275
cpp

C++ Packet Sniffing using WinPCap

Well, I recently started programming and want to look at some network programming - been trying to get WinPCap set up for the past hour but to no avail. My code is only this so far: #include <iostream> #include <pcap.h> using namespace std; int...

11th July 2009
by high6 Go to last post
4 2,724
Help

Saving JTable contents

I'm working on a Java program that reads text files, creates the appropriate number of panels according to the text files, and saves any changes made. I have everything but the saving down and it's confusing me. I've done several web searches but all I...

11th July 2009
by Rand0mNumber Go to last post
2 1,429
cpp

Can't clear a char*

I'm working on reading Ogg Vorbis tags. Here is my code: #include "ogg.h" int ogg_read(FILE *musicFile) { int readBytes = 0; int i = 0;

11th July 2009
by HubmaN V2 Go to last post
15 838
cpp

Get member function address?

Okay so what I am trying to do is create a base class for hooking a place in memory. Now you cannot have naked member functions so this is my idea for a work around. Basically, The call is redirected to the block of assembly. The block of...

12th July 2009
by high6 Go to last post
4 621
Help

How do you convert a HTML page into C++ This thread has images

I just made a pretty cool website, but im trying to run it in C++. I tried all the compilers too. visuall C++, visual basic, visual C#. but nothing worked. What do I do?

12th July 2009
by jivemasta Go to last post
10 924
csharp

WinInfo - Display Information about your computer This thread has images

Here's a program I made in C#. This is a pretty simple program, and it works like "dxdiag" (DirectX Diagnostic Tool) or any other Computer Information Displayer program. You can scan using 3 functions: "Type", "Category" and "Object". For example,...

12th July 2009
by Dansil Go to last post
8 846
Help

Image turning up white SFML This thread has images

Hi I am currently working on a small project just for learning experiences and the fact that I am bored. I have run into a bit of a problem however. What i have so far is one tileset.png that is loaded and then I use subrect to pull it apart and make...

12th July 2009
by Mr.123 Go to last post
12 2,385
Tutorial

How to make designs that don't suck ( 2 Last ) This thread has images

Hello everyone, TEAM PAWNDERS dropping in with a very fine ass tutorial on how to make website designs that are not horrible atrocities of mankind. To be honest, it's very simple, all you need to do is follow this list: Do not use stripes. I know you...

12th July 2009
by wingless Go to last post
76 2,777
Work In Progress

Another game engine thing. ( 2 3 4 5 6 Last )

I'm writing a game engine. It's going to be written entirely in C. SDL and OpenGL provide window management, input, image loading, and 3D rendering. Goals: BSP map support Abstract base layer thing - Pretty much done. IBSP loader - Mostly...

12th July 2009
by ddrl46 Go to last post
212 8,242
cpp

DirectX, WM_SIZE, access violations

I'm trying to reset a d3d device in the WM_SIZE event of a window, but it's causing access violations all over the place. I'm guessing this is because WndProc is on a different thread or something. All the examples I can find do exactly what I'm trying. ...

13th July 2009
by Xera Go to last post
3 865
html

DeadCamo [grunge css/html template] This thread has images

~DeadCamo~ I don't plan to release the src until i get it in php and remake it for SMF. CLICK IMAGE FOR FULL VIEW

13th July 2009
by n00bmuffin Go to last post
17 908
Help

Visual Basic Help...

Okay, so I got pretty much zero help with this over at Fast Threads, I dunno what I expected really. Anyway, as posted there: I need to be able to use a variable that I declared in one Sub in another one. Code here: Public Class Form1

13th July 2009
by Applecrap Go to last post
2 447
cpp

Class Problems, calling from other scopes.

I'm trying to do things with classes, but the tutorials don't seem to cover this. I have a header file that handles user input. In the user input, when space is pressed I create a new member of the class and increment the integer "ballamount" by one. I...

13th July 2009
by nos217 Go to last post
26 957
Tutorial

I want to learn how to code but don't have a clue where to start

Balls forgot to read the stick sorry for that Can a mod close this please

14th July 2009
by efeX Go to last post
19 1,185
Help

iD Tech Computer Camp's "Unreal Engine 3" Course

Frankly, does it look worth the (from what I've read) $779 price tag? Link A few things I've found - Before you cream yourself, it's not the iD of Doom fame. - It seems like it uses ACTUAL programming, not that FPSC shit that...

14th July 2009
by robmaister12 Go to last post
11 1,671
cpp

SDL Quitting Help

I began writing an engine in SDL, but i've come across a problem. When I quit the game, via escape or the X icon, it does not close the console, keeping it running. This is the code i'm using (Obviously not all of it): case SDL_QUIT:...

14th July 2009
by t0rento Go to last post
23 2,020
csharp

2D Shooter Help

This should just be basic trig but for some reason I can't get it to work right. I'm trying to make a bullet shoot from the player position towards the mouse position like a 2D shooter but something is wrong. It works out fine on paper I just don't know...

14th July 2009
by VoiDeD Go to last post
5 707
cpp

Having trouble passing a pointer to a struct to other functions.

Here are my headers: kajamtag.h #ifndef _KAJAMTAG_H #define _KAJAMTAG_H #include <stdio.h> #include <stdlib.h> #include <string.h>

14th July 2009
by PvtCupcakes Go to last post
17 1,668
Help

Access problem?

Alright, I'm just starting with this whole programming thing, and I'm trying to compile a small file for C++. I hear there's some problems with compiling in Vista, but I don't know. I run the program in administrator and enter the following as I have been...

15th July 2009
by efeX Go to last post
21 824
php

Making a closeable alert box (Like we have here at the top for alerts)?

I'm wondering how to go about making an alert box (You know, like the one at the top that says "Hi Username! We've started automatically closing big threads..." etc.) that you can close. I know how to make the actual box itself using styles and whatnot,...

15th July 2009
by Torekk Go to last post
12 929
Help

How would I run a batch file when I eject my external HDD?

I don't know how you guys feel about batch, but I am currently using it for it's simplicity. If needed I can reference some vbscript for this part. Basically what I am doing is creating a little script which generates a shortcut on the desktop to my...

16th July 2009
by robmaister12 Go to last post
7 1,182
html

Chrome Experiments - Browser Ball This thread has images

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3al8prbfK5o See http://www.chromeexperiments.com/detail/browser-ball/ or http://www.chromeexperiments.com/ for more

16th July 2009
by Christarp3 Go to last post
29 1,747
Help

Could someone help me with a simple .ini file problem?

Hey guys. So, I'm tweaking a rainmeter skin through it's .ini file, and I've just ran into a problem. I want the skin to be able to snap onto the edge of the left side of my screen, but when I try to drag into onto the side, it won't move. I can drag it...

16th July 2009
by Eight Bit Go to last post
4 870
cpp

Beginner C++: Calculator

Hi, I've been lurking around here for quite a while now and I decided I should get back into coding. You see when I was pretty young, maybe 9 or 10 my dad taught me the basics of BBC Basic. I've tried many other languages, but have given up after a...

17th July 2009
by TheHand Go to last post
38 1,292
Help

Starting with SFML, having trouble with OpenGL This thread has images

http://www.sfml-dev.org/tutorials/1.5/window-opengl.php Up to that part in the tutorial. #include "stdafx.h" #include <SFML/Window.hpp> #include <iostream> int _tmain(int argc, _TCHAR* argv) { sf::Window App(sf::VideoMode(800, 600, 32), "SFML...

17th July 2009
by Jallen Go to last post
6 2,048
Help

Why is my Mysql connection not working?

Here's a link to the Php script which controls it: http://elliottstutorials.com/elliottstutorials/php.php here's the script: <html><body> <title>Password!</title> <center><h4>Admin page</h4></center> <?php mysql_connect("*******", "******",...

17th July 2009
by Wipmuck Go to last post
15 974
cpp

Microsoft "Code7" Contest - Write a native Windows app for 7. Get prize. ( 2 Last )

Microsoft has created a contest called Code7 in which you can get prizes (not a lot) for creating a native program for Windows that utilizes a new feature in Windows 7. For more info you can check it out here: https://www.code7contest.com/ Prizes...

17th July 2009
by Panda X Go to last post
52 1,897
cpp

Collision Detection Problem

I wrote a small chunk of code for my SFML game that (should) cycle through every entity and check if it collides with the given entity. If it finds a match, it returns the entity (pointer) and breaks from the loop. However, this is not what happens....

17th July 2009
by MrBob1337 Go to last post
2 447
cpp

"C" in the class name, your thoughts? ( 2 Last ) This thread has images

Lately I have picked up doing class CAClass {}; Personally I like it because it frees up the word "AClass" and I can quickly tell it is a class. What do you guys think about this? I know a lot of people do this with "I" and interfaces.

17th July 2009
by ROBO_DONUT Go to last post
47 2,012