Beta

What are you working on? August 2015 ( 2 3 Last ) This thread has images

v58 - August 2015 Highlights from the previous thread: Programming kings:

Trumple • 25 reading
4 Minutes Ago
by proboardslol Go to last post
110 3,652
Help

Web Dev Questions That Don't Need Their Own Thread v5 ( 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Last ) This thread has images

I closed the last thread with the 5001th post, so I figure I should be the one to make the new thread. This is the thread for questions about web dev! If you just want to show off what you've made, just head over to the Web Dev WAYWO thread. If you...

Rocket • 1 reading
23 Minutes Ago
by vexx21322 Go to last post
349 8,962
Beta

What Do You Need Help With? V7 ( 2 3 4 5 .. 37 38 39 40 Last ) This thread has images

Programming related help thread. Version 1 Version 2 Version 3 Version 4 Version 5 Version 6

Bumrang • 1 reading
31 Minutes Ago
by Simspelaaja Go to last post
1,584 53,949
Science

Electrical Engineering V3 ( 2 3 4 5 .. 18 19 20 21 Last ) This thread has images

Welcome to the thread dedicated to the wonderful world of electrical engineering. Please read all of this post if you're new to the thread, it contains a lot of useful information. Electrical engineering is a rather broad term that can be applied...

Chryseus • 1 reading
2 Hours Ago
by ddrl46 Go to last post
829 28,156
Humor
Funny x 63

Programming Jokes February - Obligatory Witty Remark ( 2 3 4 5 .. 18 19 20 21 Last ) This thread has images

Watery Highlights:

Map in a box • 1 reading
4 Hours Ago
by HumbleTH Go to last post
821 96,221
Computers

Web Development - WAYWO - #9 ( 2 3 4 5 .. 37 38 39 40 Last ) This thread has images

Since starting a new thread was brought up in the previous thread; and it's now 2015. I thought I'd take initiative and start this new thread. Previous Versions of this thread: - Version 8 - Version 7 - Version 6 - Version 5 - Version 4

7 Hours Ago
by MrFancyBuns Go to last post
1,574 88,464
Question

How to add a delay to a loop ?

How to add a delay to a loop ? Becauise the lastest version of UE does not allows me to add one so any ideas ?

9 Hours Ago
by DasMatze Go to last post
1 165
Art

Unity3D - Discussion V2 ( 2 3 4 5 .. 14 15 16 17 Last ) This thread has images

Unity3D discussion - go!

ryankingstone • 1 reading
12 Hours Ago
by Gamerman12 Go to last post
657 34,867
Question

Could this work?

I want to have a melee weapon that when you attack these tentacles when you left click, these tentacles go forward and hit someone ( see here): http://133artcenter.com/tokyo-ghoul-kaneki-kagune/tokyo-ghoul-kaneki-kagune-2/ But is that possible? There...

SoggyWontonz • 1 reading
16 Hours Ago
by SoggyWontonz Go to last post
2 111
Help
20 Hours Ago
by SoggyWontonz Go to last post
0 89
C++

C++ Reading the line below

I have created a program that you search all the users that have ever used the program, but you need to enter your details to search. It is all fine and not buggy, but I have one thing I would like to know how to do. I would like to know so that when it...

21 Hours Ago
by Zeh Matt Go to last post
3 291
Help

Help with coding nextbot pathfinding for a non-nextbot entity

Hey guys, I recently coded an NPC available here http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=491910105 The idea of the project is that when real players are not filling up slots on a empty GMOD Murder server, these will, and they will...

1 Day Ago
by BlueMustache Go to last post
1 111
NSFW
Winner x 22

What Are You Working On? July 2015 ( 2 3 4 5 .. 32 33 34 35 Last ) This thread has images

v57 - July 2015 Highlights from the previous thread:

Berkin • 6 reading
1 Day Ago
by Ott Go to last post
1,392 82,710
Love

Finding people to design websites for

Hey, I'm a novice web designer. I've done websites for a councilman, a lawyer, and a cleaning company, and they reached out to me through high school friends. They were basically odd jobs that I took care of during high school and my first year of...

1 Day Ago
by MatheusMCardoso Go to last post
2 188
Humor

What type of coding language is this? This thread has images

Pastebin link because it's so long: http://pastebin.com/D1K3eFi1 What kind of code is this? How can I convert it to readable text? Not necessarily a big problem but I just want to see what it says :v:

1 Day Ago
21 970
C++

UE4 Development ( 2 3 4 5 .. 53 54 55 56 Last ) This thread has images

Seeing as how UE4 is now out and documentation will be pretty much nonexistent for a while I feel that this thread is needed. Use this thread to ask others about what will no doubt be somewhat buggy things and hacky ways around it. Get UE4 Here ...

1 Day Ago
by FalconKrunch Go to last post
2,200 139,973
Release

The Bricksperience This thread has images

The Bricksperience is a relaxing game in which you build your favorite LEGO® sets piece by piece from the point of view of a minifigure. By finishing sets you earn Bricksperience Points which allow you to unlock new features to help you build sets faster...

1 Day Ago
by BFG9000 Go to last post
6 232
Release
Programming King x 34

SteamTTS v1.0.0 - Moonbase Alpha TTS now on Steam ( 2 3 Last ) This thread has images

If anyone has ever played Moonbase Alpha knows exactly what I'm talking about. This is some little toy I made within a few minutes to entertain my self, it will actually playback the conversations you have with your friends on Steam with some hilarious...

3 Days Ago
by OMGWorms Go to last post
110 32,199
Release
Programming King x 35

Unifrog ( 2 3 4 5 .. 9 10 11 12 Last ) This thread has images

Only YOU can help the Unifrog to travel the universe! Register an account and download the software to start supporting unifrog! - Users - User stats - Achievements - User achievements - Shop - Money system

4 Days Ago
by DrTaxi Go to last post
474 23,996
C++

Programming for our mod(half-life 1 mod)

Hello there,we are making a mod for half life 1 (GoldSource).We are looking for programmers who know:C++ and csharp(C#).Besides coding i would like the programmer who does coding to know how do implement the code to goldsource.We would like to have custom...

5 Days Ago
by Rocket Go to last post
6 372
Request

Csgo server help[Don't know where to post this]

I wanted to know if anyone knows how to setup https://github.com/splewis/csgo-multi-1v1/tree/1.0.2, Because i can't understand the readme. It would be great if anyone could help me

6 Days Ago
6 179
Computers

Programming Essentials: List of utilities to make you a better programmer. ( 2 Last )

Hey, everyone. I've had this little idea to make a large thread of lists of utilities that every person needs in order to code efficiently. Obviously this varies greatly by language, so I will be separating this into different categories based on...

1 Week Ago
by TSIThomas Go to last post
40 3,038
C++

Errors with C++...

#include <iostream> #include <string> #include <fstream> fstream myfile; void writetofile( string file ) { myfile.open( file );

1 Week Ago
by Jallen Go to last post
18 672
C#

Books and Resources for Advanced C#

Hey guys, I already know a fuck ton of C#, I can code in it pretty much fluently, but I want to take my knowledge a step further and look at advanced C#, fully explaining to me IEnumerators and advanced classing methods. I would also like to learn...

1 Week Ago
by Fourier Go to last post
7 223
Help

[Source SDK] Precaching models client-side before going on the server

Hello guys. I'm trying to figure out how to precache modes in the CModelPanel for the main menu. I've tried different ways: engine->LoadModel(pszModelName); modelinfo->FindOrLoadModel(pszModelName); C_BaseEntity::PrecacheModel(pszModelName); ...

1 Week Ago
by MrModez Go to last post
0 133
Question

IIS won't allow bz2 files to be accessed?

Not sure if this is the right section or not but this is my first time using IIS. The thing seems really easy to use and simple. I am liking it. I just can't get it to allow users to download BZ2 files. Whenever you click on it I get the error of the file...

1 Week Ago
by SatoshiAaron Go to last post
1 159
Stupid
Funny x 27

On which side are you? God or Satan This thread has images

If there would be holy cyber walfare and you could choose side, which would it be? God or Satan? Would you help Satan conquer the world with your C# skills? Would you make auto-aiming turret for God with machine vision skills? Would you hack the...

1 Week Ago
by Fourier Go to last post
19 1,360
Help

Hitting a brick wall in learning Python, Any tips?

So I've decided after multiple previous attempts to actually commit and learn a programming language. Ive tried learning python multiple times before but stopped after a week or so after doing other things and forgetting. I then went on to Lua, but...

1 Week Ago
by Roqj Go to last post
1 177
Question

Why won't pygame work?

Ok so im new to programming like a few months here and there but i found this pong game and thought i could make it better here is the code. import pygame from pygame.locals import * from sys import exit import random pygame.init() ...

1 Week Ago
by Tamschi Go to last post
10 401
Help

GCFscape - Disable the file overwriting when extracting

I would really like to know if I can disable the file overwriting when I extract files in GCFscape. If it's possible, then how to do it?

1 Week Ago
by gonzalolog Go to last post
1 158
Computers

Internet Connectivity Issue

For the past year or so, my internet has been constantly disconnecting. Every 5-10 minutes, I'll disconnect for about 10-30 seconds. This happens no matter what time of day, no matter what games/programs are running (I'm assuming). I've recently moved...

1 Week Ago
by Lord Fear Go to last post
19 494
Computers

I need help with a batch file

Hello I Need help with making a batch file I would like one that will restart Garry's Mod or any program that I have in the batch file when it crashs or closes restarts automatic? can someone like give me the code? I am not very good at batch 18th...

2 Weeks Ago
8 292
Help

Custom data values on ingame scoreboard? This thread has images

Hey. I downloaded a scoreboard online and I am trying to intergrate my own data values into it aside from the kills, ping, death, team and so on. Atm I'm trying to add the hours to the scoreboard and so far this is what I have: Sorry if the code is a...

2 Weeks Ago
by VortexZ Go to last post
5 310
PHP

Garry's Mod Loading Screen Issue

Hello. I don't usually come to forums for help, but I think that at this point I'm pretty stuck. I'm not the best at PHP/JavaScript, but I've been working on this loading screen quite constantly and can't figure out the preset functions that are called...

2 Weeks Ago
by NerfModder Go to last post
12 376
Steam

Xsi softimage Valve source plugin update discussion?

Remember Softimage xsi mod tools 6.01 and 7.5? Do you guys ever use it today,and are having trouble with the valve source plugins? Do you like me wishing atm ya can compile em or import and edit workshop gmod or sfm content? Well...I am wanting to see...

2 Weeks Ago
by DarkZero779 Go to last post
3 667
Repeat

C#: Where to start? This thread has images

Hi all, I am wanting to learn C#, where should i begin to learn the basics? Any useful links that i can read and do practicals with? Thanks

2 Weeks Ago
by itisjuly Go to last post
23 1,442
C++

C++ - Interface? Clickable buttons?

Okay, so you know generic applications, .exe files, what not. Interface, clickable buttons, all that. If I were coding a C++ application, in a .cpp file, how would I go about creating some sort of interface and clickable buttons? I've always wanted to...

2 Weeks Ago
by Karmah Go to last post
6 558
Help

C++ I need help.

I need help with something in my mod called Frain's Stuff. I need a GUI to spawn objects (only 10 objects for now) and 4 NPCs Can you tell me what do I do? I'm very noob. I want the GMOD 9 look on the GUI. What should I do?

2 Weeks Ago
by DarkCarnage Go to last post
11 607
Lua

Making a program in Lua

Hello. I want to make some sort of program. I'm relatively new to C++, but I'm more experienced with Lua. But, there isn't any way I know to be able to compile and run a .lua file like you would a .cpp file. In the .cpp file, would I somehow have to link...

3 Weeks Ago
by Map in a box Go to last post
6 710
Request

Programmers wanted for evolution game.

Hello, My name is Captain Mcderp and I'm here to introduce a project that has been around for a while; Thrive. Thrive is an open source free game about evolution. Taking the player from a single celled organism to a space faring civilisation. Much...

3 Weeks Ago
by Cpt. Mcderp Go to last post
23 1,834
Help
3 Weeks Ago
by desa192 Go to last post
0 233
Help

SpectateEntity not working?

This code segment is fired in the server and I cannot for the life of me figure out why this is not working. ent is a prop_physics object retrieved from a raytrace ply:Spectate( OBS_MODE_CHASE ) ply:SpectateEntity(ent)

3 Weeks Ago
by Exho Go to last post
1 193
Lua

Pointshop multiple models 1 item This thread has images

So I've been making tons and tons of items for _Unidefined's pointshop for my server and I used pointshop 2 for a while but removed it because it's a piece of scheit that causes client side crashes. But I had a number of items I'd like to recreate one of...

3 Weeks Ago
by code_gs Go to last post
3 210
Help

Steam Login for Mybb?

Does a steam login for Mybb exist anywhere? I have seen them use on forums but I cant find an up to date download. Any help?

4 Weeks Ago
by foszor Go to last post
1 283
C#

Learning design patterns and architecture? This thread has images

So far I've been writing code in class to solve problems, none of it has been more than 3 or 4 classes and even then its been trivial. I started to get into Unity a few days ago and my code is a mess, I was wondering if theres any convention I should...

4 Weeks Ago
by PieClock Go to last post
1 229
Games

Planimeter ( 2 Last ) This thread has images

http://i.imgur.com/s4IVosQ.png History Planimeter is a development collective and portfolio incubator made up of friends from North America, Europe, and Zealandia. We gather up some of the best developers, designers, and musicians we know and use...

4 Weeks Ago
by polkm Go to last post
46 3,071
Rant

The Rant Procedural Text Generation Language This thread has images

Fellow Facepuncher Rocket and I have been working around the clock to bring you: What is Rant? Rant is a language for procedurally generating text, written in C#. It combines a markup language with functional and imperative programming concepts...

4 Weeks Ago
by Berkin Go to last post
10 668
Help

Google Maps API - Possible to make a custom map from an image (e.g. game map) This thread has images

I've been looking around but I can't really find a solid resource for using the Google Maps API with a custom image. All I can find are things relating to overlays when I don't want to overlay anything onto Earth, I want to specify a custom map. This...

AMD 32 • 1 reading
4 Weeks Ago
by qwertymodo Go to last post
36 20,520
Help

Help with entity ClientSideModels

function ENT:Initialize() if ( SERVER ) then self:SetModel("models/props_lab/reciever01a.mdl") self:PhysicsInit(SOLID_VPHYSICS) self:SetMoveType(MOVETYPE_VPHYSICS) self:SetSolid(SOLID_VPHYSICS) local phys =...

4 Weeks Ago
by Th3applek1d Go to last post
1 181
Help

"rawio.dll" for Garry's Mod 13, I Have source

Hi, I need help Can you help me for update gm_rawio.dll please? Source : gm_rawio_src I need it to update an old project :D Thanks

4 Weeks Ago
11 2,206
Lua

*NEED* A Garrys Mod DarkRP Lua Coder

I have a server called "Rainbow Gaming". I can code a little bit but not like a pro. I would like a coder that know what he/she is doing. I have only coded a couple of things such as sweps, commands, and a little darkrp stuff like jobs. I would like a...

4 Weeks Ago
by Silentfood Go to last post
2 293
Beta

What Are You Working On? June 2015 ( 2 3 4 5 .. 37 38 39 40 Last ) This thread has images

v56 - June 2015 Highlights:

4 Weeks Ago
by Trumple Go to last post
1,566 91,761
Love

Code nomads - a tight knit IT/engineering community in slack

Hey guys, me and a bunch of randoms from programming subreddits and facepunch WAYWO created a slack.com room. The point is to share useful info, find people to work with and generally have fun. We currently have 10 people, but due to different...

4 Weeks Ago
by MuffinZerg Go to last post
0 256
Request

PHP Garrysmod ServerQuery

Hello Im looking for a garrysmod server query to display the players names on a server basically ive searched everywhere all they have is too find the number of players on a server im trying to get the name.

4 Weeks Ago
by Potatofactory Go to last post
9 387
Help

Steam Condenser help!

Hello, I decided to use steam condenser i downloaded a plain archive but i dont know where to install it or use it there is no information in the installation section on there website... 29th June 2015 Im trying to source query a list of players...

4 Weeks Ago
by CertifiedCode Go to last post
5 295
Help

What does a good/fun/interesting fighting game need? This thread has images

I'm an aspiring game dev. making an indie fighter/brawler without a budget, using 8-bit sprites and a free engine to mess about with. I'm aiming for a fun & glitchy arcade style game with a cartoon physics engine. What do I need?

28th June 2015
by LoganMorpheus Go to last post
11 647
Help

[source engine] RegenerateTextureBits scaling broken This thread has images

I'm trying to get Garry's Mod to render a image, but RegenerateTextureBits isn't doing what it should ( yes i'm making a gmod module, no, it's not about lua. ) https://github.com/Leystryku/gm_cwin/blob/master/src/coolwindows.cpp if i do if (x%2==0)...

28th June 2015
4 302
Help

HTML Help

I wanted a button than when you press it! THis will show up <div class="fb-comments" data-href="http://annakarebuja.colosseum.zz.mu/" data-numposts="10"></div> Its the facebook comment tool. Can anyone teach me?

27th June 2015
by Segecos Go to last post
1 269
PHP

Facepunch Web API for PHP This thread has images

Facepunch Wrapper This is my new, and improved facepunch wrapper, you can do a bunch of cool stuff with it! Such as getting a Facepunch users username, their post data and more! You can even get ratings from posts and you can even get the users current...

26th June 2015
by Haskell Go to last post
5 910
C++

Guides to making a simple(pizel-based 2D) game engine using C++

I'm not here to figure out how to code with C++(I know how to code simple programs with it), but more where to get started with coding a game engine. Anyone know where I would go?

25th June 2015
by MatheusMCardoso Go to last post
8 677
Help

Question regarding engines

I was wondering what engine would better to start off in between UE4 and Unity. I have been reading about both, but I have found pros and cons for both engines. I thought it might be better to ask people who have actual experience with them.

25th June 2015
by insanezanes Go to last post
2 273
Lua

Need someone to lead in the right direction

I have look all over the internet but there I don't know where to start. I want to create a hud for darkrp can someone lead me to a good place to help me get started and i have a couple of questions if anyone know the answer it would help a lot. 1....

23rd June 2015
by xMASTERofWARx Go to last post
2 276
Help

Lua error

The topic has been moved to this url : http://facepunch.com/showthread.php?t=1471879

19th June 2015
1 238
Help

Associating a string with a function in PHP

Hey everyone, I am currently working on a PHP chat system with websockets. My issue is, when it comes to commands, what is the best way to handle them? I know there is always the giant switch statement but that is ugly and annoying. My issue...

19th June 2015
by Th3applek1d Go to last post
3 305
C++

Do you know any good C++ tutorials for making games? This thread has images

I want to learn C++ and be a programmer at Valve for a living, but I need to know stuff. I have a big book about C++ for dummies, but I was lost. I also got disinterested because there wasn't much purpose to it. It was just telling you how to code, but it...

17th June 2015
by /2 MAN Go to last post
16 1,201
Help

Help with forum style

So the owner of this theme has his theme set so that all of the users information shows up on the left like this:http://gyazo.com/b05cb343aec3fab6694672e2676b4c15 I want it to be like that too, but when i put the theme its like this...

17th June 2015
by dexon Go to last post
1 264
Help

Wyozi Advanced TTT This thread has images

So I nabbed this add on that used to be on Coderhire from my old add ons folder from a server I had long ago only the Spring function in the add on is not working. I know the add on isn't on coderhire anymore, but I still don't think I should post the...

14th June 2015
by Sam Maxis Go to last post
5 468
Humor

Little Gaben Thing..

-snip- too cool 4 u (User was banned for this post ("Dumb" - SteveUK))

13th June 2015
by Segecos Go to last post
0 510
C++

Source Engine: "Engine Error: Couldn't load client library"

So, I just got the source files for a base Source Engine mod that I want to work on. But, in my client files, I have all of the .cpp and .h files that are needed, but upon adding a gameinfo.txt file and launching it, it says "Couldn't load client...

13th June 2015
by A Fghtr Pilot Go to last post
2 320
Question

Question about CS:GO

How does CS:GO handle spray / spray-patterns? (coding)

13th June 2015
by awcmon Go to last post
8 509
Post Your

Do you run a blog or have a website? ( 2 Last )

Over the years, I've seen many of you posting in WAYWO with links to your blogs and websites. Unfortunately I never thought to bookmark them. I'd love to see what you guys have out there! If this thread gets a healthy number of responses I'll add...

11th June 2015
by josm Go to last post
55 2,561
Humor
Dumb x 28

Scripting Pranks

Hey guys, I love to script prank Do you guys have anyone (EXAMPLE, THE GUY WILL DOWNLOAD A FAKE VIRUS, OR STUFF) Send me if you do so I can test it with my friends

9th June 2015
by Exho Go to last post
21 2,043
Question

Animal Crossing GC asset extraction - .SZS, .RARC/.REL This thread has images

-snip- sorry, meant to post this in the What do you need help with thread

9th June 2015
by dutzy Go to last post
0 277
Computers

[VB] How to authenticate with mojang services

So me and my friend are working on a launcher it is almost done but theres one thing we cant figure out how to authenticate with mojang/minecraft services we have been trying everything but doesnt work please help Coded in VB(Visual Basic)

8th June 2015
by rtm516 Go to last post
6 642
HTML

Facepunch Creates A Website

Hello Facepunch! We are going to create a website together, your additions should be based off of the last post in this thread. I will start, you can use what ever you want. <html> <head> <title>Best Site</title> </head> </html>

7th June 2015
by Ott Go to last post
27 4,658
Art

What's Your Favorite Syntax Theme? ( 2 Last ) This thread has images

I want to see what kind of syntax themes you guys like. Feel free to post images or links if you want. Right now I personally like the Visual Studio Dark theme.

5th June 2015
by HumbleTH Go to last post
40 1,953
PHP

Does PHP-Source-Query-Class still work with Rust or?

Hi guys, I'm desperate here. For 2 days straight i've been searching the web for a query script for PHP, to get server info from my dedicated Rust server, and i'm about to give up. Therefore I really hope you can help me! :) Most query script I...

4th June 2015
by arcaneex Go to last post
4 483
Help

I wanna build a digital input USB controller, but need help for this stuff. This thread has images

I have always been a fan of flying games. From simulators to arcady games. And it was only a few years back, i discovered something called "simpits" Apparently, die hard simulator game fans, sometimes build their nests like this. ...

3rd June 2015
by Chryseus Go to last post
34 1,155
Lua

Searching for DEVs

Wrong place :/

2nd June 2015
by Jimakis98 Go to last post
0 380
HTML

[WEBSITES] Centering spinner?

Hey! I need to center spinner which css code is here: Spinner CSS The whole code: <!DOCTYPE html> <html> <head>

2nd June 2015
by P1raten Go to last post
2 358