Title / Thread Starter Last Post ByReverse Sort Order Replies Views
Art

What Are You Working On? - September 2014 ( 2 Last ) This thread has images

September! New WAYWO! New highlights! New thread OP! Old banner! Thomasfn made a sick UI for messing around with Rust server files! AtomiCal has a slush machine!

Funley 13 reading
10 Minutes Ago
by Seki_Uchiha Go to last post
64 3,291
csharp

Unity3D - Discussion ( 2 3 4 5 .. 87 88 89 90 Last ) This thread has images

Sup guys. This thread is to talk about Unity3D. Questions, answers. Here's some questions to get us started. 1. Why is there no built in Save Scene option? How do you handle it? 2. When is the new GUI system coming out? 3. What have you made?

garry 7 reading
1 Hour Ago
by reevezy67 Go to last post
3,583 180,283
Help

What Do You Need Help With? V6 ( 2 3 4 5 .. 150 151 152 153 Last ) This thread has images

Since the last one was closed along with a bunch of other threads, let's start over. Same procedure as last year, post all your questions that are not worthy of thread in here. What Do You Need Help With V1 What Do You Need Help With V2 What Do You...

Gulen 2 reading
2 Hours Ago
by proboardslol Go to last post
6,083 178,603
Stupid

How much has assembly language changed?

If I wanted to grab a book on assembly from, say, 2003, or even the 1990s, how relevant would they be today? has assembly changed drastically since then? I ask partially because I like to read about how vintage computers worked. I like understanding...

proboardslol 8 reading
2 Hours Ago
by gman003-main Go to last post
1 77
Lua scripting

I am going to try and get Love2D working in the browser using asm.js.

Alright so here's a link to this awesome presentation I saw a few months ago that has gotten my hyped on the idea: The Birth & Death of JavaScript Now, I am well aware of other projects that are trying to do this, like punchdrunk.js and Moonshine. But...

cheesylard 1 reading
5 Hours Ago
by slime73 Go to last post
1 85
cpp

UE4 Development ( 2 3 4 5 .. 20 21 22 23 Last ) This thread has images

Seeing as how UE4 is now out and documentation will be pretty much nonexistent for a while I feel that this thread is needed. Use this thread to ask others about what will no doubt be somewhat buggy things and hacky ways around it. Get UE4 Here ...

LuaChobo 1 reading
7 Hours Ago
by Minelayer Go to last post
883 47,437
Science

Electrical Engineering V2 ( 2 3 4 5 .. 88 89 90 91 Last ) This thread has images

Cookies to Ddrl46 for the new banner. Welcome to the thread dedicated to the wonderful world of electrical engineering. Please read all of this post before you make a post, it contains a lot of useful information. Electrical engineering is a...

Chryseus 2 reading
10 Hours Ago
by alexaz Go to last post
3,622 118,356
Humor
20 Hours Ago
by suXin Go to last post
525 62,799
games

CityRP

Hello, coder. My name is Ructar, yes my Forum name is frost bud, I have to get it changed. I am working on making Applejack into a gamemode sort of like CityRP, and I was wondering if any Coder or Developers were interested in helping out. Thank you, only...

1 Day Ago
by toaster468 Go to last post
6 153
Art

What Are You Working On? - August 2014 ( 2 3 4 5 .. 27 28 29 30 Last ) This thread has images

It's august already! Here are the highlights from last month:

Darkwater124 2 reading
1 Day Ago
by Funley Go to last post
1,181 70,276
Help

New programmer going deeper into Source, need clarification/advice with VAC

*I'm not sure about posting this here as an independient thread or inside the help one, sorry. Also I don't know if I should have asked this at HLCoders* How I should start explaining the issue that I have? I have been going around with Source,...

1 Day Ago
by Felheart Go to last post
5 393
Request

An average programmer, looking for other coders/artsy folk for a game.

(I have not found a rule which is against recruiting threads like this one. If there is one, I apologize. ) Howdy! I am an average programmer who is trying to improve his skills. Being a videogame dev has been a huge dream of mine for quite some...

2 Days Ago
by cam64DD Go to last post
18 761
Release

Facepunch Quote Fixer Script

Got sick of having to reload for quotes on same page with this shitty dongle Internet so I hacked this together in a few minutes // ==UserScript== // @name Facepunch Quote Link Fix // @namespace AkariAkaori // @include ...

2 Days Ago
by LennyPenny Go to last post
2 278
QUESTION

Moving from GLua into reality.

Hello guys I am coming to the end of wanting to program with GLua. I have one year until I go to university, and I want to properly get into another language. So Perhaps its best I tell you about myself so you guys can give me accurate advice. I am 18...

3 Days Ago
by DubyxD Go to last post
10 476
games

Designer looking for a programmer

Hi! I've studied games for the past 20 years and have created document after document, planning in depth, to bring both old and new elements which in combination could become one of the most popular and fun game of all time. The best part? It would...

4 Days Ago
by GeEkOfWiReS Go to last post
34 1,492
Help

Source SDK 2013 - VS2013 Debugging/Release Error This thread has images

Whenever I try and to run the 'Local Windows Debugger' I get the following error: Any ideas as to why this is happening? **Resolved!**

4 Days Ago
by QuadAtten Go to last post
5 217
Help

How would i go about doing this?

edit: Right so this is what i need help with. My TTT server has a leaderboard in F7 that displays stats like kills etc and over the past few months there's scores so high no user stands a chance of beating it. So what i want to do is every month the...

4 Days Ago
by Recurracy Go to last post
1 159
Help

Help fixing error in Visual Studio 2010?

I get this message when I try to build my mod with Visual Studio 2010: 1>------ Build started: Project: server_hl2, Configuration: Debug HL2 Win32 ------ 1> Creating library Debug HL2\server.lib and object Debug HL2\server.exp 1>LINK : fatal...

5 Days Ago
by Nicolas Go to last post
9 259
Computers

Ludum Dare Thread This thread has images

What Is Ludum Dare? Basically, you alone or with a group make a game in a small amount of time. Single participants get their own time span to work in, while teams get a little longer. When is it? The next ludum dare is August 22nd-25th 2014

5 Days Ago
by Clavus Go to last post
37 1,190
Help

Programmable circuit/chip/board/etc

Ok, so I'm getting into programming. I kind of want to experiment with programming and circuits, for example. The only problem I'm facing is, exactly how does one program in such a way? I don't mean the programming itself, I can find my way around that...

6 Days Ago
by ben1066 Go to last post
2 172
Help
6 Days Ago
by KillerLUA Go to last post
1 142
Help

Should I continue with java? This thread has images

Iv recently been coding a lot of java(intermediate) because there is alot of documentation on it. But i keep asking myself if I should keep learning it or switch to something like c++. Wherever I ask people say its not powerful for what I want to do(game...

1 Week Ago
by DrTaxi Go to last post
20 675
Release

SharpTalk: A .NET wrapper for the DECtalk TTS engine.

This project was inspired by the creative antics of those utilizing Moonbase Alpha's TTS feature. Aeiou. I searched around exhausively and for a decent TTS engine apart from Microsoft's SAPI, which has a .NET implementation. I don't like SAPI ...

1 Week Ago
by Tamschi Go to last post
30 1,966
Lua scripting

Lua On/Off command for my script.

Is there a easy way to toss in a On/Off superadmin only chat command to turn off or disable the script until I were to say !enablescript. Im fairly new to lua and i'm working on a purge script and I want an option that allows me to do that? Any ideas?

1 Week Ago
by KillerLUA Go to last post
1 183
QUESTION

[c#] How to calculate clicks per seconds (using Unithy3d)

Hey, I was wondering if someone could help me with something... I'm trying to figure out how I can calculate the amount of clicks (on a button for example) per seconds. Like, every click would increment an Int by 1.0f but it must auto decrease the way...

1 Week Ago
by foszor Go to last post
2 294
YouTUBE

Best intro to java book?

My CS professor said that we need any Java book for reference and I dont feel like buying the 200$ textbook from the school bookstore if I dont have to. Whats the best java book for the cheapest price?

1 Week Ago
by Duskling Go to last post
4 191
QUESTION

Good C# Tutorials

I'd like to start using Unity and I figured that before I do that, I'd learn C#, so that I'm not confused when reading Unity tutorials. I know some C++ as well as Lua and GLua. Do you have any good tutorials ( preferably videos ) I could learn from? I...

1 Week Ago
by Krizzu Go to last post
10 584
QUESTION

Final year project idea, am I aiming too high and should think of something else? This thread has images

Hey, so basically for my BSc degree in Computer Science, I need to make final year (4th) project. The project will be good opportunity to get a job after college in big companies because our college hosts Project Showcases every year of all graduating...

1 Week Ago
by DrTaxi Go to last post
8 396
cpp

Using gamepad controller to send 'fake' keyboard inputs

Hey there guys! im sorry if you've seen this alot, but i can't seem to find the information i need to get this to work. So i recently bought a xbox wired controller for my pc. My plan is to create my own program using C++ to use the controller in games...

1 Week Ago
by Straylight Go to last post
17 788
Help

Starting Computer Science in 2 weeks, what do you wish someone had told you before you started? This thread has images

I'm starting CS on the 20th and want advice. Anything I should know?

1 Week Ago
by Duskling Go to last post
39 2,015
Help

What to program

I'm newbie programmer. And I have some problems with my self-education. And the problem is that I don't have any idea what to program. I mean I don't know how to practice my knowledges. Of couse, I had some little projects. I've made Battle city(NES)...

1 Week Ago
by Speedfalcon Go to last post
3 323
Help

Air Vehicles

I am needing this exact addon to be fixed so I can use it on my GmodZ server http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=104506205 I am willing to pay Skype: KickingRG

1 Week Ago
by Tamschi Go to last post
1 192
csharp

Unity BatchMode Console - Need help

Hay garry, i've downloaded your classes for unity dedicated server, i put them in the asset folder but i get 16 errors: Assets/ConsoleInput.cs(17,33): error CS0117: `System.Console' does not contain a definition for `CursorLeft'...

1 Week Ago
by TvCrazy Go to last post
0 115
QUESTION

Which way to start a 2D game ?

Hail there, I am about 30 years old and i never did any programation in my life (other than HTML about 15 years ago lol :p). I am trying to start working on a game that i have in my mind since about 10 years, a classic 2D old school RPG display...

2 Weeks Ago
by Daaaping Go to last post
24 729
Release

Programming King x 33

SteamTTS v1.0.0 - Moonbase Alpha TTS now on Steam ( 2 3 Last ) This thread has images

If anyone has ever played Moonbase Alpha knows exactly what I'm talking about. This is some little toy I made within a few minutes to entertain my self, it will actually playback the conversations you have with your friends on Steam with some hilarious...

Zeh Matt 1 reading
2 Weeks Ago
by DeathWard Go to last post
103 23,003
Help

A question about a computer science degree.

I'm planning on going to university in 2016. (I'm 17 now, did A-Levels initially and hated them, starting a BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma in IT, effectively computing in September). Would you say it's gonna be incredibly saturated and terribly hard to...

2 Weeks Ago
by rookwood101 Go to last post
4 356
csharp

WIP Custom Language Parser

Hello all, Just wanted to show off something I'm working on. I've been creating a custom virtual machine which runs inside Unity (inspired by the Gameboy emulator someone made a while back). One issue of it, particularly when testing it, is that the...

2 Weeks Ago
by KillaMaaki Go to last post
1 297
QUESTION

Anyone have expierence with submitting apps to the Apple Store?

I submitted my first app to the AppStore nearly 2 weeks ago - the app itself is fairly basic, it's effectively a csv reader (that displays it in a table) plus delivers push notifications. The whole approval process sounded fine and there is a fair bit...

2 Weeks Ago
by Jonzky Go to last post
4 346
Help

C#.Net passing values between forms

Hi! I'm relatively new to C#.Net. I'm using Visual Studio 2010 Express, and one of the things I'm working on is an application that gives a 'summary' form when a button is clicked on the Main form. I've made the button initialize the Summary form,...

2 Weeks Ago
by dustymcp Go to last post
20 1,546
Help

[C++] Win32 WebCam Video Function

First of all, I would like to credit snoopy11 for the original source code of which is found here: http://www.dreamincode.net/forums/topic/193519-win32-webcam-program/. I am looking to add a function to this application for taking videos. A picture...

2 Weeks Ago
by FPSMango Go to last post
2 345