Title / Thread Starter Last Post ByReverse Sort Order Replies Views
Computers

Web Development - WAYWO - #9 ( 2 3 4 5 .. 17 18 19 20 Last ) This thread has images

Since starting a new thread was brought up in the previous thread; and it's now 2015. I thought I'd take initiative and start this new thread. Previous Versions of this thread: - Version 8 - Version 7 - Version 6 - Version 5 - Version 4

benbb • 3 reading
7 Minutes Ago
by jung3o Go to last post
782 41,031
html

What Are You Working On? April 2015 ( 2 3 4 5 .. 30 31 32 33 Last ) This thread has images

v54 - April 2015 Highlights:

Ott • 12 reading
11 Minutes Ago
by Rocket Go to last post
1,312 82,827
beta

What Do You Need Help With? V7 ( 2 3 4 5 .. 15 16 17 18 Last ) This thread has images

Programming related help thread. Version 1 Version 2 Version 3 Version 4 Version 5 Version 6

Bumrang • 3 reading
18 Minutes Ago
by utilitron Go to last post
714 24,723
Art

Unity3D - Discussion V2 ( 2 Last ) This thread has images

Unity3D discussion - go!

ryankingstone • 1 reading
5 Hours Ago
by TheGoodDoctorF Go to last post
61 3,382
html

Garrys Mod Loading Screen With Music

How do I go about making a loading screen that can play music? I have the website working and playing music fine but once its in game it dosent work. Heres the code <audio autoplay loop> <source src="motd.mp3" type="audio/mpeg"> </audio>

12 Hours Ago
by KillerLUA Go to last post
19 939
Science

Electrical Engineering V3 ( 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Last ) This thread has images

Welcome to the thread dedicated to the wonderful world of electrical engineering. Please read all of this post if you're new to the thread, it contains a lot of useful information. Electrical engineering is a rather broad term that can be applied...

13 Hours Ago
by Chryseus Go to last post
316 10,508
Humor

Funny x 59

Programming Jokes February - Obligatory Witty Remark ( 2 3 4 5 .. 14 15 16 17 Last ) This thread has images

Watery Highlights:

Map in a box • 1 reading
20 Hours Ago
by Fourier Go to last post
675 81,663
Love

Questions about first job after graduation.

Hey, so less than a month left for me to graduate and I could be looking for work already but I am too scared I will get it. I mean, I am absolutely scared of getting job say as java developer or so and just be told: "Okay make ...." and they set task...

1 Day Ago
by Pat.Lithium Go to last post
13 650
cpp

UE4 Development ( 2 3 4 5 .. 45 46 47 48 Last ) This thread has images

Seeing as how UE4 is now out and documentation will be pretty much nonexistent for a while I feel that this thread is needed. Use this thread to ask others about what will no doubt be somewhat buggy things and hacky ways around it. Get UE4 Here ...

LuaChobo • 1 reading
1 Day Ago
by Shirky Go to last post
1,894 106,985
QUESTION

Web Dev Questions That Don't Need Their Own Thread v4 ( 2 3 4 5 .. 121 122 123 124 Last ) This thread has images

Welcome to the Web Development's section very own QTDNTOT thread. To keep things running smoothly (until our inevitable demise), please try to abide by these very simple rules: ▬ Don't be a jerk. ▬ Keep your hands inside the thread at all times. ▬...

2 Days Ago
by Pat.Lithium Go to last post
4,950 153,658
Shitpost

Woocommerce / Opencart expert wanted

I'm looking for someone to help me out on a project for a fixed price. I need an extension that calculates prices based on a fixed m2 price, where the user adds width and height. That's it. If you have suggestions for another eCommerce platform let me...

2 Days Ago
by Strontboer Go to last post
3 271
Computers

Ludum Dare Thread ( 2 Last ) This thread has images

What Is Ludum Dare? Basically, you alone or with a group make a game in a small amount of time. Single participants get their own time span to work in, while teams get a little longer. When is it? The next ludum dare is August 22nd-25th 2014

5 Days Ago
by Clavus Go to last post
57 2,186
Shitpost

Small applescript game

I just started working on a small text based game in applescript. If anyone is interested, feel free to check it out. I would love to hear people's ideas on what I could do to work on it more. Its a "horror" game, its about how your character is...

6 Days Ago
by Th3applek1d Go to last post
1 269
Computers

Any coders looking for someone to Skype with?

I don't code nearly enough. I feel like it's hard to do a hobby that none of your friends really care about. Anyone on here running into the same problem? Just casual talking, not trying to form a team here or anything. PM me for my Skype name if...

6 Days Ago
by Coment Go to last post
32 1,605
games

LÖVE - How can I optimize my entity system?

I'm making a mobile game: http://a.pomf.se/iakcef.mp4 Here's the code: http://hastebin.com/gurajiqeje.lua I've hit a limit on how many particles I can spawn, though. Entities being spawned (and removed) every frame brings my phone down to about...

Ott
1 Week Ago
by Ott Go to last post
7 560
php

Best Forum to use on my website?

Hello I'm relatively new to having the works in a website so would like recommendations for forum engines. MyBB - strong community; active development If you are suggesting one (or more) please enclose the URL and what advantages it has (eg. Low server...

1 Week Ago
by P1raten Go to last post
7 688
Lua scripting

Time commitment to Lua

Hi All, I'm planning on learning Lua, in order to broaden my knowledge of how addons work in GMod, and maybe look at making one further down the line. Do any of you have any recommendation on how much time I should spend daily studying/practicing...

1 Week Ago
by wrokkergaming Go to last post
2 220
csharp

WIP Custom Language Parser

Hello all, Just wanted to show off something I'm working on. I've been creating a custom virtual machine which runs inside Unity (inspired by the Gameboy emulator someone made a while back). One issue of it, particularly when testing it, is that the...

1 Week Ago
by zeeshan030 Go to last post
5 755
Help

Beyond desperate: Setting up a dedicated server correctly.

Corrupted files served by the server, fixed by re-installing from another location. /fixed.

1 Week Ago
by smidge146 Go to last post
1 202
Help

Need a custom Script for gmod server! This thread has images

Ok, Im not good enough to make this but I need a kind of event timer A box at the top of the screen that cycles through events. i need events to last 5 mins If you can help me pm me, Email me or skype message me PRO_MC_CODER

1 Week Ago
by proboardslol Go to last post
5 193
Help

Molotov weapon leaving scorch overlays on brush faces...

I'm looking to code-in a feature for my Source Engine mod where after you've thrown a Molotov, it'll leave a burnt scorch mark overlay on a brush face once the flames dissipate. I know for a fact that CS:GO does this cool effect. So is there a way of...

1 Week Ago
by false prophet Go to last post
6 400
csharp

Unity3D - Discussion ( 2 3 4 5 .. 123 124 125 126 Last ) This thread has images

Sup guys. This thread is to talk about Unity3D. Questions, answers. Here's some questions to get us started. 1. Why is there no built in Save Scene option? How do you handle it? 2. When is the new GUI system coming out? 3. What have you made?

2 Weeks Ago
by war_man333 Go to last post
5,001 255,678
QUESTION

Server hosting - WDYLF

So in the past few months, I've seen quite a few people advertise on Facepunch about either web hosting or VPS hosting. My question for people around here are, What Do You Look For? What is it that you want from the provider of than just the server or web...

2 Weeks Ago
by Cyberuben Go to last post
3 725
Poll

CS Demographics on fp

Something I notice on facepunch more than any other community I'm on is that Facepunch has a high concentration of Comp Sci majors/people with backgrounds in programming and I was wondering why. some theories: 1. I spend a lot of my time on the...

2 Weeks Ago
by Kwaq Go to last post
12 676
Computers

DRS Website Hosting / Introduction - "Hello World!" ( 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Last ) This thread has images

Remember to check out some of the most recent posts on this thread for updated information, status updates, sales & product releases and general awesomeness. DoRoyal is a Website Hosting Platform owned and operated by Sidular Interactive. The...

2 Weeks Ago
by DRServices Go to last post
297 18,260
games

Programming King x 60

this is a test

boobs edit: fuck. Did not mean to post this. This was an exercise with tamperdata. Mean to abort the request before it was sent. Sorry aboot that mods

2 Weeks Ago
by HumbleTH Go to last post
6 1,471
Help

Where is my last digit? (It disapears) C++

Hey, so im having this little problem. The answer is without 8 at the end. It prints me 0.1234567. There is no 8 at the end even tho it should be. Any ideas? -Thanks!!!! :) cout << 12345678.0 / 100000000.0 << endl; // Answer is without 8 at the end

2 Weeks Ago
by P1raten Go to last post
12 668
Lua scripting

Trying to learn lua. Need help with script! Will pay if needed!(GMOD)

Im learning lua for my server in garrys mod. I got help already from a friend for making a custom spawnmenu. Its a little hard to understand what was going on because he never told me what it all meant. So here it is: //cl_init.lua hook.Add(...

3 Weeks Ago
2 308
Help

Need Help with Basic Java try-catch

Hello all, I'm trying to do this lab for my intro to object oriented programming class. •I figure a good majority of you are familiar with code including Java, so I came to you guys for advice because most if not all of my friends are clueless as well....

3 Weeks Ago
by NickelobUltra Go to last post
13 409
Garry

What Are You Working On? - February & March 2015 ( 2 3 4 5 .. 69 70 71 72 Last ) This thread has images

Rate clock v52: http://facepunch.com/showthread.php?t=1444284 v51: http://facepunch.com/showthread.php?t=1439640 v50: http://facepunch.com/showthread.php?t=1434825 v49: http://facepunch.com/showthread.php?t=1428297 v48:...

3 Weeks Ago
by Ziks Go to last post
2,845 198,033
Stupid

Make an entity to a weapon This thread has images

Hello, I have a simple entity which takes some HP if you touch it. But using self:IsWeapon() returns false. How can I achieve to get a true value? http://wiki.garrysmod.com/page/Entity/IsWeapon doesn't tell how it is determined.

3 Weeks Ago
by Quark: Go to last post
2 334
Map

Wally WAD editor for Half-Life mod

I am using Wally WAD editor to make some custom textures for a map im making. My question is how do you, if possible, import a picture to make into a picture. Im just not very good at drawing and would like to make some good looking textures and if this...

3 Weeks Ago
by -Rusty- Go to last post
6 357
Help

Quick Android idea? This thread has images

Hey, I have project due in 5 days in college and I need to make simple android app, I am kinda under stress so I am wondering if anyone could throw me literally a basic idea as I cannot think right now. Project description: Create and publish an app...

3 Weeks Ago
by NightmareX91 Go to last post
23 625
Request

Timer bug Help.

Hello, Im not sure where to put this topic in (in witch category), I guess this is fine. So My server glitched, the timer is 00:00, it always says Map change in 6 rounds or 00:00:00, and preparing on round start is always 00:00, so is the timer of the...

4 Weeks Ago
by lowlyexc Go to last post
0 238
Computers

How do you make a Portal 2 mod?

I know with Half-Life 2 you can use the SDK to make a mod but in the Portal 2 authoring tool it dosent have anything to make a mod with. Any help?

4 Weeks Ago
9 593
Steam

Add custom sounds to a Portal 2 map?

Im making a little mini set of Portal 2 tests but I really want to add an announcer. So I was wondering how you add custom sounds to Portal 2.

4 Weeks Ago
by Karmah Go to last post
3 244
Lua scripting

Lua "Obfuscator"

<?php /* Lua Mounter made for Gmod.biz by Impulsive. Version: 1.0.1 Notes:

4 Weeks Ago
12 1,019
Help

Error VGUI.Create failed to create the VGUI component

This happens when trying to create a Module for Pointshop2 I have read and re-read the documentation and tried different things. I just need a bit of help here The Error Warning: vgui.Create failed to create the VGUI component (DsoundsCreator) ...

4 Weeks Ago
by Jadatness Go to last post
2 276
QUESTION

Best Web Hosting? ( 2 Last ) This thread has images

I want to know what the experienced web developers would recommend for web hosting. Ideally, I need to find a cheap service that has unlimited MySQL databases, Good bandwidth, supports MySQLi and PHP 5 and hopefully has good support. The two I came across...

4 Weeks Ago
by JohnWallace Go to last post
40 1,841
Link

Has anyone made a clone of hlsw?

most of the base code is here http://open-game-protocol.org/download.php has anyone used this to make something functionally similar to this? I contacted the developer of HLSW (doubt il get a response) doing some detective work and coming up...

4 Weeks Ago
by kulcris Go to last post
6 941
games

Garrys mod DarkRP "banned/demoted"

Whenever people join the server they're always banned/demoted from joining any job. Please help. Thanks.

4 Weeks Ago
by xDarkFieldx Go to last post
1 323
QUESTION

Astrophysics Degree vs. Theoretical Physics vs. Computer Science

Choosing what degree to undertake, thoughts?

20th March 2015
by Swebonny Go to last post
17 734
Rant

Web hosting traumas. This thread has images

Just going to post it here before anyone else falls for the same shite. Yahoo Hosting doesn't allow .htaccess. Fucking idiots. Does anyone know a really fast web host?

20th March 2015
by ragortue Go to last post
12 965
php

PHP Admin System

Hello, everyone. I haven't really done an open source project before but I think I have an idea for my first. -I want to make a PHP admin system that makes it easy to implement protected and secure areas into your site with a flag or access group based...

20th March 2015
by Lord Fear Go to last post
10 557
csharp

Anyone have any experience in dependency management in C#?

Coming from a Java background, I find using dependency managers like Maven a big convenience. I've used it in the past for multiple Java projects as well as my own Java library. It allowed me to download dependencies at compile-time (some from an online...

20th March 2015
by redx475 Go to last post
3 420
cpp

Pseudo Polymorphism in C

So i have been doing some work with GTK+ and i have noticed they they tend to build their system in such a way that supports a sort Pseudo Polymorphism. I'm a huge fan of this but I'm not quite grasping how they do their type casting? GtkWindow...

19th March 2015
by adnzzzzZ Go to last post
4 742
Help

Just Some Help.

So, I have a really small team. I mean we are about 4 people, and we need more web designers and programmers. Sadly it seems impossible to find them, especially since things like Freelancer.com is just exploded with foreigners who speak broken english. I...

19th March 2015
by Karmah Go to last post
1 290
cpp

How do you guys format your getter / setter functions?

In C# properties basically remove the need for making your own getter/setter functions: int X { get; set; } but in C++ there aren't any properties, so would you do it like how Java devs (at least the ones I've seen) usually do it: int...

19th March 2015
by Octopod Go to last post
3 400
QUESTION

College Degree: Whats' more important - Score on degree or actual practical skills?

Hey, so I am graduation in 2 months (it's been 4 years, studying Computer Science). Basically I am thinking now should I repeat final year or not, my problem is I know loads of practical things like: Java, Android Native, XML, PHP, MySQL, JS, Unity C#...

18th March 2015
by nuttyboffin Go to last post
30 1,867
QUESTION

Computer Science field which focuses on medicine? Do they exist?

Hey, just wondering is there any Computer Science field/sub field which focuses in medicine? If so what it's called? I mean things like medicine machines, technology, data processing etc.. without going into things like diagnosing patients but rather...

18th March 2015
13 579
Help

LUA... Where to start?

I am very interested in learning LUA and GLUA. My question is for all of those LUA vets who know their way around a script. Where did you start? Websites, Books, etc... Any recommendations? How did you learn? Coding is very extensive how did you study...

17th March 2015
5 537
QUESTION

Can you make a game in Lua?

I'm talking about like a 2D, sprite game with no external stuff, just purely built from Lua. Thanks!

15th March 2015
by Tamschi Go to last post
8 977
cpp

Get gamedll

how to get gamedll? I try: IServerGameDLL *gamedll = NULL; CreateInterfaceFn engineFactory = Sys_GetFactory("server.dll"); gamedll = (IServerGameDLL *)engineFactory(INTERFACEVERSION_SERVERGAMEDLL, NULL);

15th March 2015
by Guewen Go to last post
0 394
Help

Did you go to University / College? Does it matter? ( 2 Last )

I've read a few articles about how Uni is a waste of time, and you should just go and find a job. I'm in year 11 right now, and I'm stressing over classes and the realization that although I'm near the end, it's going to seem like a very hard and long...

15th March 2015
by Swebonny Go to last post
46 1,698
csharp

New to web scraping, help

I want to scrape the scrapyard info of all fifty states from: http://iscrapapp.com/yards-in/california/ I am limited in Python and I wanted to do it in C#. C# is preferred, I tried using Visual Studio 2013 and load the HTMLAgilityPack library via...

14th March 2015
by SteveUK Go to last post
6 492
QUESTION

Should i get a game design bachelor degree?

Hey facepunch, since you guys have a lot of experience on this subject, i would like to ask you a simple question: should i get a game a game design bachelor degree? I am seriously interested in getting a game design bachelor degree. The subjects really...

14th March 2015
by Rahu X Go to last post
20 888
Work In Progress

CS:GO Competitive Server Blocker [GitHub] [C#] This thread has images

CS:GO Competitive Server Blocker Usage:- Use this software to pick and block Steam servers that you don't want to play on. Blocking servers -

14th March 2015
by SpaceCadet_ Go to last post
8 999
Help

Google Maps API - Possible to make a custom map from an image (e.g. game map) This thread has images

I've been looking around but I can't really find a solid resource for using the Google Maps API with a custom image. All I can find are things relating to overlays when I don't want to overlay anything onto Earth, I want to specify a custom map. This...

AMD 32 • 1 reading
11th March 2015
by MobileMuzh Go to last post
31 18,278
Help

How to extract images/sprites from .win file?

I have a 2D game I was playing, and would very much like to extract its sprites. The game resources are most likely in a file name data.win Is there any method to extract those sprites and images from that data.win file?

8th March 2015
by DatZach Go to last post
5 552
php

Help creating Steam API Forum

I'm looking to create a complex Steam API Forum. If someone could point me in the right direction, that would be great. I know lots of web development, but I don't even know where to start as far as integration with OpenID and Steam API. If someone...

8th March 2015
by Tamschi Go to last post
4 585
cpp

Pixellight, a open source 3d engine / framework that deserves more attention This thread has images

For some time now me and a friend are working on a project in Pixellight. The more we understand it the more awesome it gets. And it seems that not many people know about it. People know about Ogre3d, Irrlicht, SFML and so on, but not this. ...

8th March 2015
by Cesar Augusto Go to last post
35 5,679
Lua scripting

How do I draw the secondary ammo on a HUD I'm working on This thread has images

I am making a HUD and I wanted to know how to print the secondary ammo on it. (User was banned for this post ("Missed forum description, please see Developer Discussion!" - NiandraLades))

4th March 2015
by BoowmanTech Go to last post
2 454
Lua scripting

Model menu help This thread has images

I am trying to recreate it from sandbox but Im stuck and I need help I want the same model menu for other games I get these errors

2nd March 2015
by Exho Go to last post
2 399
Help

HELP Gmod anmiation loop This thread has images

How can I loop and animation for gmod. The animation name is "running_new" How can loop that in the qc file? Thanks!

1st March 2015
3 402
Request

Hiring HTML/Java script coder for my website

If anybody is interested I would like a good html coder to make my gmod server's website. Paying 10$ This is where mine currently stands: http://superiorgaming.hosted.nfoservers.com/ Some examples: http://darksimm1.site.nfoservers.com/ (On this...

1st March 2015
by Reagy Go to last post
5 537
QUESTION

GIF vs HTML5 for background? This thread has images

Hey, I have 266x688 frame which is basically a size of my DIV. I need background to be animated, what would be better? A gif animation or HTML5 video (if that's even possible) ? Using HTML5 and JavaScript only btw. 28th February 2015 Here is my...

28th February 2015
by Mete Go to last post
5 571
Request

Warhammer 40k Roleplay Script, SWEPs, and Entities

Hi, I am working with my friend in creating a Warhammer 40k Roleplay server on Gmod. However we are in need of a Lua coder for gmod to create scripts, SWEPs, and Entities along with whatever else we may need. There will be payment for services based off...

28th February 2015
by Warthog32332 Go to last post
2 369
QUESTION

How should I gain experience in a language?

I have, many times, found myself reading about and learning the syntax and structures of a language and finding that I liked the language and its methods, and wanted to gain more experience in it by using it. As great as a language looks on paper, it's...

27th February 2015
7 843
php

Looking for Specific PHP Information Resources

Hello, so I'm looking for some information to read up on as far as doing php form that adds the information to a MySQL database for a project I'm working on. So the game has a similar system like Steam ID's to where everyone has a unique ID I want...

25th February 2015
by Rekson Go to last post
9 550

25th February 2015
by OvB Go to last post
- -
Tutorial

Learn Programming Fast & Efficiently - No Experience Required This thread has images

Want to create a program to call your own? Feel like making something successful right on your computer? I bet you've thought about programming, tried, and have had lots of trouble with it. Well, this thread is going to help you by showing you a fast and...

25th February 2015
by EmileGaillard Go to last post
11 976
Science

Electrical Engineering V2 ( 2 3 4 5 .. 123 124 125 126 Last ) This thread has images

Cookies to Ddrl46 for the new banner. Welcome to the thread dedicated to the wonderful world of electrical engineering. Please read all of this post before you make a post, it contains a lot of useful information. Electrical engineering is a...

23rd February 2015
by LoneWolf_Recon Go to last post
5,001 161,791
Request

[HELP]Need help with Sourcemod scripting (for CSGO) (Pawn)

I have this plugin that worked just fine in CSS , but in CSGO the knives do no damage and they dont dissapear. (they are suppose to hit about 57 when they hit a player ) Its pretty urgent so i would love the help as soon as possible. thanks in...

23rd February 2015
by sabaton23 Go to last post
6 780
beta

Programming King x 30

programming is so muc fuiniin

fdseklelelflellel l eslfelfl elfeslfles,lf,els,fle,fls,el,fels,lfe,sfnheubfwbfuiohbwoifhnwefwq :zoid:

23rd February 2015
by meharryp Go to last post
7 1,152
Request

GMOD PLAYERMODEL

Hello , I'm in need of some help for gmod. I have a model for gmod that can be turned in to a gmod playermodel. I have the textures and every thing for the model I just need some to make it a playermodel and yes the skeleton for the model is rigged to...

22nd February 2015
by deathrider200 Go to last post
2 441
Request

How do I code this?

I want to code my anus, how do I do this? I tried using c# but it just can't handle the awesome powers of my anus

21st February 2015
1 569
Lua scripting

Garry's Mod DarkRP Job and Money Printer Problem This thread has images

When I join my server I'm not citizen I'm not a job I even set citizen as default. Also the default models seem to be errors for my thief and hitman job. The models I am using are: models/player/artic.mdl models/player/phoenix.mdl But they are...

20th February 2015
by Exho Go to last post
1 432
Lua scripting

lua_run entity problem

the problem is that i cannot run lua code using lua_run entity this is the error message it gives me when triggering lua_run entity in my map RunString:1: '=' expected near '<eof>' 1. unknown - RunString:0 outdated fgd file? maybe broken?

19th February 2015
by code_gs Go to last post
2 431
Love

Decent Swep Tutorials?

Title says it all (User was banned for this post ("Wrong section" - Craptasket))

19th February 2015
by war_man333 Go to last post
1 401
Stupid

Modifying Garry's Mod Server and Gamemode Settings

Hello Guys, I purchased a garry's mod server and just installed a gamemode, e.g Prophunt. I was wondering how do I adjust the settings and compile a new settings, which program do I specific use; I had past experience compiling amxmodx.org but this is...

18th February 2015
by foszor Go to last post
1 405