Title / Thread Starter Last Post ByReverse Sort Order Replies Views
POST YOUR

What Are You Working On? - July 2014 ( 2 3 4 5 .. 37 38 39 40 Last ) This thread has images

Highlights from June: (Generated using Rohansi's BetterWAYWO)

Berkin 22 reading
15 Minutes Ago
by ECrownofFire Go to last post
1,578 79,942
csharp

Unity3D - Discussion ( 2 3 4 5 .. 71 72 73 74 Last ) This thread has images

Sup guys. This thread is to talk about Unity3D. Questions, answers. Here's some questions to get us started. 1. Why is there no built in Save Scene option? How do you handle it? 2. When is the new GUI system coming out? 3. What have you made?

garry 8 reading
16 Minutes Ago
by cam64DD Go to last post
2,955 156,214
Release

Today, Paradrop, my first game, was released!

A few weeks ago I posted a screenshot of my game to the June 2014 "What are you working on?" thread. I was happy to see a positive reaction to the game. Here it is! Paradrop is a simple 2D physics game, coded in Lua using the Love2D framework. I...

Offisir 2 reading
30 Minutes Ago
by Offisir Go to last post
13 941
Science

Electrical Engineering V2 ( 2 3 4 5 .. 83 84 85 86 Last ) This thread has images

Cookies to Ddrl46 for the new banner. Welcome to the thread dedicated to the wonderful world of electrical engineering. Please read all of this post before you make a post, it contains a lot of useful information. Electrical engineering is a...

Chryseus 5 reading
36 Minutes Ago
by Chryseus Go to last post
3,425 109,930
cpp

UE4 Development ( 2 3 4 5 .. 16 17 18 19 Last ) This thread has images

Seeing as how UE4 is now out and documentation will be pretty much nonexistent for a while I feel that this thread is needed. Use this thread to ask others about what will no doubt be somewhat buggy things and hacky ways around it. Get UE4 Here ...

LuaChobo 8 reading
49 Minutes Ago
by DrDevil Go to last post
725 37,488
Help

What Do You Need Help With? V6 ( 2 3 4 5 .. 143 144 145 146 Last ) This thread has images

Since the last one was closed along with a bunch of other threads, let's start over. Same procedure as last year, post all your questions that are not worthy of thread in here. What Do You Need Help With V1 What Do You Need Help With V2 What Do You...

7 Hours Ago
by Dienes Go to last post
5,810 168,880
Humor
9 Hours Ago
by suXin Go to last post
499 58,344
Help

Matrix code project - I need some help!

Hey, I recently started getting into c++ and have an idea for an eventual project. The idea is a program that emulates the iconic Matrix falling code but instead of random letters and symbols, displays actual information from system info, to news...

23 Hours Ago
by Quark: Go to last post
10 255
Lua scripting

Clockwork: HL2RP Coder

Hello I am JXL and I am looking to start up a Clockwork HL2RP server. We had a previous coder on our old server but, he has left us. We would need you to set up a MySQL database and get the server running. I have still the latest version of Clockwork...

1 Day Ago
by Ott Go to last post
1 122
Help

How to see console results without window instantly closing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zSjWeP-F5yw I'm back with programing, but this time i'd like to see results just for a little bit. (like 3 sec delay before closing window down.)

1 Day Ago
by DrTaxi Go to last post
16 482
pc games

FrostBite skeleton hierarchy

Hi, So I`m trying to figure out how skeleton hierarchy works in frostbite games. The hierarchy that is laid out in the file does not make much sense in 3ds max for me and I cannot find a proper way of how to parent the bones using skeleton file. So I...

2 Days Ago
by dainiuxxx Go to last post
2 168
Release

Programming King x 32

SteamTTS v1.0.0 - Moonbase Alpha TTS now on Steam ( 2 3 Last ) This thread has images

If anyone has ever played Moonbase Alpha knows exactly what I'm talking about. This is some little toy I made within a few minutes to entertain my self, it will actually playback the conversations you have with your friends on Steam with some hilarious...

Zeh Matt 1 reading
2 Days Ago
by DrTaxi Go to last post
95 21,251
games

Making a new Half-Life 2 Mod, looking for help. This thread has images

Hello, I'm currently in the process of making a new mod for Half-Life 2. I am looking for a few people with skill and free time. This mods story is not set, but I plan on Half Life from a different perspective, possibly from a normal persons point of...

2 Days Ago
by JohnnyOnFlame Go to last post
8 246
Help

Need help with my deathrun server

Hey guys need help to actually start my server up, if any lua coders are around please contact me asap just pretty much need help making the whole server, thank you 26th July 2014 please dont link me to coderhire

2 Days Ago
by Tamschi Go to last post
2 108
Computers

Repeating Miyamoto This thread has images

So I've gotten into FreeBASIC lately. #1 reason is cause I read Ready Player One by Ernest Cline and I got a retro boner from it. Anyways, I've started a little personal project called "Repeating Miyamoto", where I take notes on old videogames and try to...

4 Days Ago
by proboardslol Go to last post
8 727
Lua scripting

Programmer/Software Engineer positions open for well established USA company

Programmer/Software Engineer positions open for well established USA company Applicants, Phoenix Core Entertainment (PCE) is proud to now be opening doors to international applicants! Due to the increase of work load of one of our teams, Phoenix...

PCE
4 Days Ago
by Cold Go to last post
12 616
Release

[.NET] SpotifyAPI Release v1.0 This thread has images

Hello! Finally I finished the SpotifyAPI in .NET. It has a tons of features and I'm pretty sure some of you find something you can use. I know i coded not "the new style" with automated properties(I implemented Getters and Setters the old-style),...

4 Days Ago
by Occlusion Go to last post
22 1,156
Help

Powershell Help D:

Are there any powershell scripters out there that can help me to fix this script. Function Get-Username { $Global:Username = Read-Host "Enter username you want to search for" if ($Username -eq $null){ Write-Host "Username cannot be blank, please...

5 Days Ago
by utilitron Go to last post
2 137
QUESTION

[Question] Awesomium ingame

can everyone give me a simple tutorial how can i set the Awesomium sdk in the ingame menu from call of duty mw2 ? currently i learn c++. I hope you can help me :)

6 Days Ago
by Fourier Go to last post
8 682
Computers

Facepunch Algorithm Challenge This thread has images

So far, these competitions have been held only for fun. But what if we could use our programming skills for the good of the many? That's what this competition is about. More specifically, it's about something us Facepunch programmers hold near and dear:...

6 Days Ago
by Dvd Go to last post
20 902
Help

Source Shader Editor crashes mod on startup!

I just implemented SSE into my Source 2007 mod, and when I got to launch the mod, with or without the -shaderedit launch option it crashes my game. Any Ideas, Im not getting any errors when compiling. Edit: I think it might actually be Source 2013, but...

1 Week Ago
by Shirky Go to last post
4 192
Help

Inverse Kinematics

I've been trying to figure out how inverse kinematics work for quite a while now, and I still can't understand the math behind it. My imaginary robot has 3 joints, and all rotations are possible without any angle limits. I tried to solve all the angles...

1 Week Ago
by jackwilsdon Go to last post
2 307
Lua scripting

FastDL

Hello, I have a few questions on the dedicated server making. First i have all the addons that i need to run the server, the server gamemode will be a TTT server ran off of my computer. There is one problem in the way of that, FastDL i know what it is and...

1 Week Ago
by PotatoJunior Go to last post
0 147
Release

Lightweight Roguelike Console Library for Java

After getting interested in writing a roguelike for Java I learned a few things - Java has piss poor console support and, to my knowledge, all the JNI curses libraries for Java are poorly documented and difficult to use. I decided to write my own...

1 Week Ago
by Dr. Evilcop Go to last post
5 262
Help

C(++) Lua push userdata with a metatable into a table

Hi. Recently i have been experimenting with CLua and I have run into a bit of a problem. I have a class which I am setting a metatable for and that works fine. The problem is that when i try and push that userdata+metatable into another table, Lua...

1 Week Ago
by G4MB!T Go to last post
2 122
cpp

Arrowhead VS Goto

So I've been rummaging through these c libraries for work. They where written in 2013 and I was surprised to see such extensive use of gotos. So I did some time researching and it turns out its a common practice to use gotos as a "centralized exit" for a...

1 Week Ago
by Dienes Go to last post
12 570
School

All languages suck. C is god.

Disagree? Give me a reason. I'm in the mood to have a friendly (argument).

1 Week Ago
by ScottyWired Go to last post
36 742
csharp

C# and OOP help

Hello everyone! I have been playing around with C# for the past few weeks and have been having fun making some pretty simple programs that I made to help with some OOP techniques and just generally learning new things about how C# works. The end goal...

2 Weeks Ago
by Arxae Go to last post
1 233
Request

Funny x 68

Sinking Simulator ( 2 3 4 5 .. 26 27 28 29 Last ) This thread has images

Hey Guys, I saw this video about 5 years ago and the author Never released any Source or what ever. It can be wrote in any Language as you wish. (script language) C#, Lua, python .. Java .. What ever you want. I just want something that work...

pac0master 2 reading
2 Weeks Ago
by supersnail11 Go to last post
1,138 84,838
cpp

Help with Code::Blocks/Visual Express for C++ This thread has images

I started learning C, which I would compile and run really basic stuff in. However, when I try compiling something with C++, I get an error at the #include <iostream>. I heard Visual Basic is better for C++, however when I tried New Project > C++ >...

2 Weeks Ago
by rilez Go to last post
11 216
Release

Lua Math Extension

I made a math extension file/library thing. I tested the functions for speed, they are as fast as I could get them. If I fucked up something tell me. You can use it for what ever you want, no credit or stupid shit like that needed. I've been using it...

2 Weeks Ago
by qaisjp Go to last post
17 1,743
beta

3ds max maxscript normals issue

I`m building a mesh importer and I got a problem. When I apply a texture on the build mesh object it looks inverted(TEXT, numbers). Flipping normals don`t do any good. And I can`t seem to find an answer in the help files. ...

2 Weeks Ago
by NovembrDobby Go to last post
3 117
Help

Recreated monogame project in XNA and it refuses to compile

Firstly, I know there is a thread for help requests but I'd rather make this an individual thread which can be closed or ignore easily after being answered rather than spamming up the help thread. I followed this tutorial for the project I made and...

2 Weeks Ago
by cdlink14 Go to last post
3 172
Computers

What is the best way to start learning Java?

I've been looking at several sites such as codeacademy and such, but I'm having trouble finding a definitive consensus from people that actually know the language. Facepunch, what do you recommend?

2 Weeks Ago
by Bayley_ Go to last post
9 249
Request

A request for model importer

I really want to port some weapons and not only from a game, called Soldier of Fortune, which is running on edited Q2 engine. I'll credit the person who makes it. So yup, I have almost all data about format: Vertex Compression data and official model...

2 Weeks Ago
6 229
QUESTION

[JAVA, SPRING, MVC] Looking For Some Information

Hi everybody, Just wanted to ask if anyone knew off some decent books so I can read up on Java Spring Framework. Any link a book on Amazon or Online etc.. would be lovely. Really want a good starting point on Spring, for developing a REST API. ...

csc
2 Weeks Ago
by csc Go to last post
0 102
Poll

java 2D game engine

hello i am "good" java programmer but i suck at rendering i need help for basic 2D game engine i wanna make game like terraria i just neeed the start and basics of it and how to use

2 Weeks Ago
14 800
Computers

Is Python Too Easy?

Long ago, when I was just a wee lad, I began to develop an interest in programming. It probably stemmed from something exceptionally retarded like seeing generic science-fiction movies in which hilariously idiotic redshirt-esque troopers charged into...

2 Weeks Ago
by quincy18 Go to last post
14 889
Help

Making a moving platform with C# ?

Hello, I'm trying to make my moving platform with this code: using System.Collections; public class testfloater:MonoBehaviour { public float Speed = 0.2F; public float stopper = 50.0F; public float header = 0.0F;

3 Weeks Ago
by onya76 Go to last post
17 1,548
Help

[C++] Creating and Saving New Photos Win32 Webcam Application

I am trying to make my webcam Win32 application save more than one photo at a time i.e. save one photo then another then another etc. To do this, I am appending a string to an integer variable so that each new photo name can be unique and conform to...

3 Weeks Ago
by Adult Go to last post
5 200