Title / Thread Starter Last Post ByReverse Sort Order Replies Views
csharp

Unity3D - Discussion ( 2 3 4 5 .. 92 93 94 95 Last ) This thread has images

Sup guys. This thread is to talk about Unity3D. Questions, answers. Here's some questions to get us started. 1. Why is there no built in Save Scene option? How do you handle it? 2. When is the new GUI system coming out? 3. What have you made?

garry 2 reading
36 Minutes Ago
by KillaMaaki Go to last post
3,790 190,270
Help

What Do You Need Help With? V6 ( 2 3 4 5 .. 154 155 156 157 Last ) This thread has images

Since the last one was closed along with a bunch of other threads, let's start over. Same procedure as last year, post all your questions that are not worthy of thread in here. What Do You Need Help With V1 What Do You Need Help With V2 What Do You...

1 Hour Ago
by NixNax123 Go to last post
6,274 184,420
Art

What Are You Working On? - September 2014 ( 2 3 4 5 .. 18 19 20 21 Last ) This thread has images

September! New WAYWO! New highlights! New thread OP! Old banner! Thomasfn made a sick UI for messing around with Rust server files! AtomiCal has a slush machine!

Funley 9 reading
1 Hour Ago
by Winner Go to last post
828 47,276
Science

A bit of practical sci-fi ( 2 3 Last ) This thread has images

Rate me what you will for posting this here, but I'd really like to know a fellow programmer's perspective on something I'm writing. If you're into science fiction, that is. Here's the first chapter:...

2 Hours Ago
by Fourier Go to last post
92 2,364
Science

Electrical Engineering V2 ( 2 3 4 5 .. 93 94 95 96 Last ) This thread has images

Cookies to Ddrl46 for the new banner. Welcome to the thread dedicated to the wonderful world of electrical engineering. Please read all of this post before you make a post, it contains a lot of useful information. Electrical engineering is a...

2 Hours Ago
by Cakebatyr Go to last post
3,820 124,489
Request

Decoding unknown font file format This thread has images

I've been reversing some old Lego video game formats, but I'm stuck on this one. If anybody has any knowledge on how the .fnt file might be structured, it would be of great help. I'm also thinking it might be a regular font format that I've just not...

10 Hours Ago
by NovembrDobby Go to last post
6 442
QUESTION

Android: combine multiple drawables into one dynamically?

lets say I want to make an app which lets user create avatar from choice of clothes/items and then let other users see these "avatars". So what would be the best way to make this work? I was thinking of having these clothes/items as images, then save user...

KinderBueno 1 reading
16 Hours Ago
by Boris-B Go to last post
1 155
Help

High Level OpenGL

Salaam Everyone could anyone help me ? I wanna High Level OpenGL for .NET Platform ( DLL Library ) ( WinForms, WPF ) Thanks

1 Day Ago
by elkhalafy Go to last post
7 552
Humor
1 Day Ago
by DrTaxi Go to last post
541 65,119
Stupid

Program crashing for no apparent reason

Since in school we just had number systems, I thought I'd try to make a program that'd allow me to convert a number into other number systems. While everything's been working fine, I can't seem to get negation working. This is the code I'm using for...

1 Day Ago
by proboardslol Go to last post
10 255
Steam

My First Source MOD (HL2MP) This thread has images

Hi there, It's been 2 awful hours of ripping my hair out trying to figure out how in hell I can remove an annoying overlay. When a player loads a map that player is greeted with an overlay in which the user must press OK in order to do anything...

2 Days Ago
by Mewkat Go to last post
2 353
Help

Python 'CodeBreaker' Game

Basically I was assigned a homework task to do a 'challenge' (I say this in a light sense, challenges 1-3 can be done in 2 lines each...) in python. There was about 27 to choose from, 1 being easiest, 27 being hardest (Easy for a average programmer, but...

2 Days Ago
by TheDoggy Go to last post
12 490
Release

Programming King x 33

SteamTTS v1.0.0 - Moonbase Alpha TTS now on Steam ( 2 3 Last ) This thread has images

If anyone has ever played Moonbase Alpha knows exactly what I'm talking about. This is some little toy I made within a few minutes to entertain my self, it will actually playback the conversations you have with your friends on Steam with some hilarious...

3 Days Ago
by Sam Grump Go to last post
104 23,646
Help

Reverse Engineering FS2013 .i3d.shapes format. This thread has images

Alright. I've asked this question in WDYNHW a few months ago but it was left unanswered, I've also spent hours on trying with different debuggers and methods of figuring this out but I am at absolute zero progress and thus I've now created this thread. ...

3 Days Ago
4 218
cpp

UE4 Development ( 2 3 4 5 .. 21 22 23 24 Last ) This thread has images

Seeing as how UE4 is now out and documentation will be pretty much nonexistent for a while I feel that this thread is needed. Use this thread to ask others about what will no doubt be somewhat buggy things and hacky ways around it. Get UE4 Here ...

LuaChobo 1 reading
4 Days Ago
by DrDevil Go to last post
928 51,216
QUESTION

What game engine / framework should I use?

I'm looking to make 2D games for Windows / Web and I have experience with Java and C#, but I could probably pick up the basics of any other language. I'd rather not use Unity, because those don't seem to turn out very well. I've looked at XNA, but that...

4 Days Ago
by Darwin226 Go to last post
12 525
Help

Error when using ScreenFade on GMOD

Help me please, im stalled and cant figure it out lol Lua function SWEP:PrimaryAttack() if ( !self:CanPrimaryAttack() ) then return end local teleportPos = self.Owner:GetEyeTrace().HitPos if(self.Owner:GetEyeTrace().HitWorld)then

4 Days Ago
by proboardslol Go to last post
2 149
Stupid

problem creating custom spawn points for gmod

i was working on a gamemode for gmod for 2 weeks now and i created a .fgd file for hammer and when i compile the map and run it on gmod with my gamemode i don't spawn where i placed my spawn entity and i already added team.SetSpawn to my code. Please...

5 Days Ago
by alphaware Go to last post
0 116
Help

Starting Computer Science in 2 weeks, what do you wish someone had told you before you started? ( 2 Last ) This thread has images

I'm starting CS on the 20th and want advice. Anything I should know?

6 Days Ago
by cwook Go to last post
42 2,450
Computers
1 Week Ago
by XxskaterxX100 Go to last post
0 152
Help

Want to learn lua, Where do i start?

Hello, i really want to learn Lua programming language, I Just don't know where to start, If someone could maybe recommend a site, wiki, videos, books or anything like that then that'd be nice.. I Apologize if i'm posting in the wrong place. Thanks.

1 Week Ago
by Offisir Go to last post
11 502
QUESTION

Which way to start a 2D game ?

Hail there, I am about 30 years old and i never did any programation in my life (other than HTML about 15 years ago lol :p). I am trying to start working on a game that i have in my mind since about 10 years, a classic 2D old school RPG display...

1 Week Ago
by Offisir Go to last post
25 936
Help

New programmer going deeper into Source, need clarification/advice with VAC

*I'm not sure about posting this here as an independient thread or inside the help one, sorry. Also I don't know if I should have asked this at HLCoders* How I should start explaining the issue that I have? I have been going around with Source,...

1 Week Ago
by LuaStoned Go to last post
6 692
QUESTION

Decompressing and Extracting an unknown archive format?

Hey! I'd hate to ask something like this on here again, but I was really hoping someone might be able to enlighten me on this one. Honestly, I don't have a huge amount of experience with programming and archive formats in general. I've had a few...

1 Week Ago
by UnknownToaster Go to last post
14 745
Help

Hiring a NutScript Coder

Hello there, I'm searching for somebody who can set up a basic NS schema script: 1.) Player Factions with appropriate models only available for said faction. 2.) Custom weapon flags. 3.) A working NPC vendor. I'm aware this is a very basic...

1 Week Ago
by BlkDucky Go to last post
11 397
Stupid

How much has assembly language changed?

If I wanted to grab a book on assembly from, say, 2003, or even the 1990s, how relevant would they be today? has assembly changed drastically since then? I ask partially because I like to read about how vintage computers worked. I like understanding...

1 Week Ago
12 753
Lua scripting
2 Weeks Ago
by Bumrang Go to last post
2 359
Lua scripting

I am going to try and get Love2D working in the browser using asm.js.

Alright so here's a link to this awesome presentation I saw a few months ago that has gotten my hyped on the idea: The Birth & Death of JavaScript Now, I am well aware of other projects that are trying to do this, like punchdrunk.js and Moonshine. But...

2 Weeks Ago
by slime73 Go to last post
1 352
games

CityRP

Hello, coder. My name is Ructar, yes my Forum name is frost bud, I have to get it changed. I am working on making Applejack into a gamemode sort of like CityRP, and I was wondering if any Coder or Developers were interested in helping out. Thank you, only...

2 Weeks Ago
by toaster468 Go to last post
6 281
Art

What Are You Working On? - August 2014 ( 2 3 4 5 .. 27 28 29 30 Last ) This thread has images

It's august already! Here are the highlights from last month:

2 Weeks Ago
by Funley Go to last post
1,181 71,519
Request

An average programmer, looking for other coders/artsy folk for a game.

(I have not found a rule which is against recruiting threads like this one. If there is one, I apologize. ) Howdy! I am an average programmer who is trying to improve his skills. Being a videogame dev has been a huge dream of mine for quite some...

2 Weeks Ago
by cam64DD Go to last post
18 927
Release

Facepunch Quote Fixer Script

Got sick of having to reload for quotes on same page with this shitty dongle Internet so I hacked this together in a few minutes // ==UserScript== // @name Facepunch Quote Link Fix // @namespace AkariAkaori // @include ...

3 Weeks Ago
by LennyPenny Go to last post
2 361
QUESTION

Moving from GLua into reality.

Hello guys I am coming to the end of wanting to program with GLua. I have one year until I go to university, and I want to properly get into another language. So Perhaps its best I tell you about myself so you guys can give me accurate advice. I am 18...

3 Weeks Ago
by DubyxD Go to last post
10 572
games

Designer looking for a programmer

Hi! I've studied games for the past 20 years and have created document after document, planning in depth, to bring both old and new elements which in combination could become one of the most popular and fun game of all time. The best part? It would...

3 Weeks Ago
by GeEkOfWiReS Go to last post
34 1,635
Help

Source SDK 2013 - VS2013 Debugging/Release Error This thread has images

Whenever I try and to run the 'Local Windows Debugger' I get the following error: Any ideas as to why this is happening? **Resolved!**

3 Weeks Ago
by QuadAtten Go to last post
5 264
Help

How would i go about doing this?

edit: Right so this is what i need help with. My TTT server has a leaderboard in F7 that displays stats like kills etc and over the past few months there's scores so high no user stands a chance of beating it. So what i want to do is every month the...

3 Weeks Ago
by Recurracy Go to last post
1 218
Help

Help fixing error in Visual Studio 2010?

I get this message when I try to build my mod with Visual Studio 2010: 1>------ Build started: Project: server_hl2, Configuration: Debug HL2 Win32 ------ 1> Creating library Debug HL2\server.lib and object Debug HL2\server.exp 1>LINK : fatal...

3 Weeks Ago
by Nicolas Go to last post
9 321
Computers

Ludum Dare Thread This thread has images

What Is Ludum Dare? Basically, you alone or with a group make a game in a small amount of time. Single participants get their own time span to work in, while teams get a little longer. When is it? The next ludum dare is August 22nd-25th 2014

3 Weeks Ago
by Clavus Go to last post
37 1,260
Help

Programmable circuit/chip/board/etc

Ok, so I'm getting into programming. I kind of want to experiment with programming and circuits, for example. The only problem I'm facing is, exactly how does one program in such a way? I don't mean the programming itself, I can find my way around that...

3 Weeks Ago
by ben1066 Go to last post
2 231
Help
3 Weeks Ago
by KillerLUA Go to last post
1 190