Title / Thread Starter Last Post ByReverse Sort Order Replies Views
Tutorial

How to: Ask for Tech Support & Rules

Please understand that the people helping you are doing this in their spare time and you should make it as easy as possible on them. Before you even make a thread, you should have already tried a couple things on your own. Asking for help every time...

6th September 2011
by Shadaez Go to last post
0 4,779
YouTUBE

BSOD After a bit of YouTube watching

So recently, when i watch YouTube for a while, i get a BSOD and it auto restarts. That's about it. It didn't really seem to damage anything, its just really fucking annoying!

AGS1 reading
34 Minutes Ago
by AGS Go to last post
8 178
Help

GTX 660 Ti Blue screening on GPU Intensive games.

Hello, recently my Gainward GTX 660 Ti Phantom gpu has started to blue screen whenever i play a more gpu intensive game such as watch dogs or BF3. I dont know why it is doing this, have any of you had this issue before? Specs: Intel Core I5 3470...

AIX-Who2 reading
59 Minutes Ago
by Hollosoulja Go to last post
4 111
Help

Motherboard logo shows twice on boot - Windows 8 (Possibly slowing down boot time?) This thread has images

As title says, been having this problem for a while and not really cared but it's getting on my nerves since it seems to extend boot time. Running Windows 8 Pro 64-bit i5 2500k ASUS P8Z68-V Pro Bios version 3603 16GB DDR3 RAM Corsair Vengeance 2x...

1 Hour Ago
14 204
Help

Trouble with my mail server - ERROR: Could not complete request. Query: SELECT "INBOX" Reason Given: [NOPERM] Permission denied This thread has images

When I log into SquirrelMail on my mail server, I get this. I am using postfix and dovecot on Ubuntu 14.04.1 LTS Any more information you guys need I will provide... help?

LegoGuy2 reading
2 Hours Ago
by LegoGuy Go to last post
2 56
Help

Game minimizes

I haven't made any recent changes to my game the only recent changes I made to my computer was clearing it out and installing an AV. I don't think that has anything to do with the problem I'm having. Every time I open up any Steam game my mouse...

5 Hours Ago
by CudiBaseWars Go to last post
0 66
YouTUBE

Embedded Youtube videos autoplay on any webpage

Starting yesterday, whenever I'd load up a webpage that includes an embedded Youtube video, the video starts playing right away. This is very irritating on websites like forums and Tumblr, since the video is probably much further down on the page and not...

5 Hours Ago
by BigJoeyLemons Go to last post
2 74
Computers

Mystery of the no signal R9 290s

So, I've got my new PC for about a month and I've been having trouble with the GPUs I got. This is the model I've been trying to use: http://tietokonekauppa.fi/product/163024/graphic+card/XFX/RADEON+R9+290+BLACK+980M+PCI-E/ The problem: Both GPUs...

7 Hours Ago
by IronBar Go to last post
4 86
Help

PC won't start after power surge, LED on motherboard blinks, PSU is fine

It's my brother's PC, after the power surge it wouldn't turn on and I hastily (and regrettably) replaced his PSU without checking anything else. Well as it turns out the power supply is fine, but his PC still won't power on or show any signs of power,...

7 Hours Ago
by Levelog Go to last post
7 127
games

Install Black Mesa on a different drive?

I'm basically trying to run BMS on my E drive, because i'm low on space on my C drive. It would only detect it if i have it in the "sourcemods" on my C drive. How do i get it to run on my E?

AGS
8 Hours Ago
by code_gs Go to last post
3 110
Help

Cannot boot - Hardware Changes

You may have seen my recent thread about power supplies. That went fine, that isn't the problem. My dad gave me an old Radeon card to swap with my even more outdated Nvidea card. To fit in the Radeon I had to remove my optical drive and juggle round...

8 Hours Ago
by Wickerman123 Go to last post
7 131
QUESTION

Virgin Fiber Broadband Installation

I'm aware of a self installation option when it comes to a Virgin Broadband setup and I'd much rather to that than pay the £50 installation fee. However I'm unsure if it's advisable to do so as the property I'm moving into previously used a BT Infinity...

12 Hours Ago
5 113
Computers

Dell Optiplex 780 PSU making clicking noises This thread has images

I found one of these really small dells for like 10 bucks, decent specs and runs very quiet, perfect HTPC. But, the power supply makes clicking noises, sounds a bit like arching, but very short periods. I have opened it up and cleaned it, i see no...

13 Hours Ago
by Chryseus Go to last post
8 91
Help

Why am I getting not so great performance? This thread has images

Hey. I feel sort of stupid posting this thread here, but I have an odd feeling that I just don't have something configured right, or that I'm not getting the most out of what I've got. Whenever I play graphic-intensive games such as the ArmA series or...

15 Hours Ago
by [EG] Pepper Go to last post
22 455
Help

solved PC power cuts of on certain GPU temp This thread has images

Hi, For the last few days I am not able to play any games. I thought it had to do with the weather (26°C), but while I was playing BF3 my PC randomly shut down. I started it back up and thought it was a power failure. As I joined the BF3 game again,...

17 Hours Ago
by Cyberuben Go to last post
23 556
Help

Router shuts off after some time

This is the worst problem I've ever had. My router seems to be working fine, but when after some time, internet speed is going down and then there's no internet connection at all. After I reboot it, it works fine for about 30 minutes, then the same...

17 Hours Ago
by Killervalon Go to last post
3 111
Help

Blue screen with R9 270 Sapphire Duel-X

I just recently upgraded my videocard to a R9 270 because it was cheaper and all the stuff about it pointed that I could overclock it comfortably to max without issues. Well, I've been having issues, and its strange to say the least. I've been getting...

22 Hours Ago
5 140
Help

Can't disable tap to click on laptop

I just bought a new laptop, and it comes with an Elan mouse pad. The problem is that I can only disable tap to click using their drivers, but their drivers don't support using both mouse buttons at the same time. I've tried using other drivers, (Alps,...

1 Day Ago
by kooper44 Go to last post
9 144
Computers

My games are messing UP? This thread has images

what is this and how do i solve it My PC worked fine not 1-2 weeks ago, and I've played Guild Wars 2 a lot. Now about 3 days ago this started happening. It blacks out my screen, pops it back up, freezes itself and shows these artifacts or whatever...

1 Day Ago
6 182
Help

solved Rear and Center Speakers not giving out sound.

I have been searching and trying to fix my speakers for the past 3 hours and have had no luck. I had unhooked my G51 Logitech speakers to move my computer, using a stereo portiable speaker whilst it was moved for about a week. I moved my computer back...

1 Day Ago
by Dukov Traboski Go to last post
1 59
pc games

Using Bluetooth for a PS4 controller

So I bought a PS4 controller recently and got a USB cable and this Bluetooth Dongle. I have the official 360 controller drivers installed and I'm using DS4tool, and through USB it works perfectly. Trying to use Bluetooth, however, turned out to be a...

1 Day Ago
1 135
Help

Wireless Issue

Hello, So a couple days back I had some router problems and had a guy come and look at what's going on. He made some changes to the router and left. After he left I noticed that the connectivity of my router is really really bad. I have no clue...

1 Day Ago
17 408
Stupid

Intel Atom Lags with Youtube This thread has images

I am fixing up a netbook for one of my friends, and I have never owned a netbook, but have been curious about them, so I've been dicking around with it seeing what it can do. It has the following specs: Dell Inspiron Mini 1018 Intel Atom N455 1.66Ghz...

aPanzerIV1 reading
1 Day Ago
7 215
QUESTION

Read dump file from another computer?

Hey, have packard bell m3700 which throws BSOD 2 seconds after displaying Loading Windows Logo (Win 7). Decided to take out HDD and connect to my desktop to read dump file. Just wondering is it even possible to read dump file on another computer? The...

1 Day Ago
by SuperDuperScoot Go to last post
1 83
Computers

Could not connect to VAC (Rage warning.)

I'M PISSED!! So i join a GMod server, and after like two FUCKING minutes it disconnects saying it could not connect to VAC servers. I'VE HAD TO DEAL WITH THIS BULLSHIT FOR TWO YEARS! Yes I've restarted Steam Yes I've reinstalled Steam Yes I've...

AGS
2 Days Ago
by AGS Go to last post
22 404
Help

Escape and console key stop working in garry's mod randomly

When i start playing gmod, i can use escape and the toggleconsole key fine. but at some point it will randomly stop working, i can still open chat or other vgui interfaces, and also close them with the escape key. but when i'm just playing and press it,...

2 Days Ago
by mooshbeef Go to last post
0 90
Help

How I can fix this? I get kinda like loops on videos and music

I got this bug that has been annoying me for a while and won't let me hear music in peace without worrying about it. I get it usually after some hours of using the PC, but sometimes I get it minutes after turning on the PC, so I never know when I'm gonna...

2 Days Ago
2 137
Help

solved Unable to boot, reset and reinstall my PC

Hello, until this morning I had a very functional computer. That is, until it updated yesterday. When I turned it on this morning, it was unable to boot up Windows 8.1 which resulted in a startup repair. After that failed I tried a couple more times...

2 Days Ago
by ms333 Go to last post
1 68
Help

Friend can't join various listen servers, despite everything being correct

hello, recently my friend asked me to start a synergy server so we could play, so i said yes. i've hosted a minecraft server several times over the past few years so i feel like i know what i'm doing. however, no matter how many times i checked...

2 Days Ago
by ZeFruitNazi Go to last post
0 102
Help

BSOD (Page fault in nonpaged area)

So basically this morning I got this BSOD out of nowhere. It happens right as the login screen is supposed to appear on boot, preventing me from logging in. Even in safemode. I tried a lot of hardware stuff but in the end I gave up and tried loading a...

3 Days Ago
by korkow Go to last post
3 111
Help

Graphics Adapter Hung - Message when opening Videos

I had to re-render a video on Vegas 12.0 a few times before completing rendering, I had the bps at 25 and I was rendering in WMV. After that, the video render said it had 0 seconds left and was stuck at 82%. Closed Vegas and tried to open the video...

3 Days Ago
by King7 Go to last post
0 87
Help

Weird and Annoying Mouse Issue

Okay, so my mouse -pointer- will randomly freeze on screen, but I'm still able to move the mouse around, click on things, etc. I just have to right click everywhere to bring up the menu so I know where the hell my mouse is at. This is really getting to be...

3 Days Ago
2 99
Help

Headphones all of a sudden shit quality (tinny) and quiet in some apps

Just playing CSS when all of a sudden my headphones went quieter than they should have been and the sound quality got substantially shittier than it was. Everything sounded tinny and a bit echo-ey, as if the wire was not in properly or a connection was...

3 Days Ago
4 678
Help

Sound lag when doing stuff. This thread has images

What happens is after some time of work (5-6 hours) almost every page load in browser creates sound lag. I thought it was chrome problem, so i tried using Firefox, but it was useless. Loading pages through steam client is the worst lag....

3 Days Ago
9 171
Stupid

Friend can't join Minecraft server(please read before posting)

My friend cannot join my Minecraft server, Garry's Mod server, or TF2 server. All server's are port forwarded correctly and my other friends can join just fine outside of my network. Told him to do some things like turn off his firewall but it still...

3 Days Ago
by Killervalon Go to last post
5 235
Help

solved Also have that peculiar type of Google Chrome virus!

I have a similar situation to BigJoeyLemons—FB suddenly started giving me popups (two or three opened over the course of a few mins, but I immediately closed them and then Adblock took care of it) and then I noticed the text box colors changing. The...

4 Days Ago
by psiconauta Go to last post
4 238
Help

Got my new Monitor today but with the wrong power cable.

3 days ago I bought a $78.00 LG 22en43 Monitor off of eBay and it came today with the wrong power cord/supply/whatever. I have never had experience using AC-DC adapters which it says comes included (via Manual). Picture of my monitors power input....

4 Days Ago
by birkett Go to last post
1 122
Help

Monitor calibration and color profile question

So at work, I use Macs with Adobe stuff on them for doing Flash/Photoshop stuff and at home I use a PC. I noticed a while ago that stuff I would make on the Macs didn't look the same at all (too bright/dark, colors were different) when I viewed it at...

5 Days Ago
by Maloof? Go to last post
1 104
QUESTION

Power Supply Questions

Hey Facepunch, I found a power supply in my house that's never been used and I'm placed it into my computer. However examining the details on the sides of the two and the plug I was using, I'm a little confused. While I know a bit about...

5 Days Ago
2 91
QUESTION

Grand Theft Auto IV keeps lagging and being slow while I've got a decent computer?

I don't know where I should post this actually, Tech. support seems it fits for this problem. If I am on the wrong category may I ask a moderator to move this thread, thanks. Yeah, as said in the title, I keep lagging while I play GTA IV, but I got a...

5 Days Ago
by aPanzerIV Go to last post
5 206
Help

"IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL" BSoD, with some other problems.

I tried finding out answers on this problem after this getting this issue twice in one week, but all I could really find were explanations on why it's happening, which could be any number of things such as: -Faulty/corrupted drivers -Faulty/corrupted...

5 Days Ago
by Spanky Go to last post
12 294