Title / Thread Starter Last Post ByReverse Sort Order Replies Views
Tutorial

How to: Ask for Tech Support & Rules

Please understand that the people helping you are doing this in their spare time and you should make it as easy as possible on them. Before you even make a thread, you should have already tried a couple things on your own. Asking for help every time...

6th September 2011
by Shadaez Go to last post
0 4,615
Help

Windows Hardware Error and black screen after 30 minutes of gaming

Hello Everyone when i play Skyrim, after 20-30 minutes of gaming the PC freeze and give out an annoying sound, after 30 seconds black screen, e i need to reboot from the reset button. After reboot turn normally. This problem is happened 2 times in this...

3 Hours Ago
by ~Kiwi~v2 Go to last post
1 21
QUESTION

Windows Server with 2 NICs hosting VMs in 2 different networks This thread has images

Sup At work I have the task to set up a Hyper-V Server, that can deploy VM's in both LAN and DMZ network. I tried to set it up, but quickly found out that it's not as easy as it looks (Windows only allows 1 gateway...). Windows Doesen't seem to...

9 Hours Ago
by FrankPetrov Go to last post
2 38
Stupid

Desktop icons rearranging automatically (Windows 8.1)

I have Windows 8.1, and my desktop icons keep rearranging automatically when I turn the computer on. They are in randomly arranged every time they move. I have done several full computer scans with Malwarebytes anti malware and AVG anti virus and they...

1 Day Ago
by Levelog Go to last post
3 45
Help

Serious temperature problem with my CPU. This thread has images

I've had this PC since last Christmas and I've only just noticed my CPU temperature increasing at an alarming rate. When and when I'm not playing on games. Some games run very slowly due to this but others don't. I've tried a number of things like...

1 Day Ago
by Synavix Go to last post
8 79
Gross

Experiencing slowdown

Yeup. I'm experiencing slowdown on my PC. Thing is, it only started happening what seems to be 20 minutes ago. All of a sudden all programs and my browser have seem to be super slow. Any help? I've owned a computer (yeah, yeah it's an Alienware...

1 Day Ago
by Dub! Go to last post
3 44
Help

ASIO4ALL pure static

So, for the longest time, I've used ASIO4ALL v2 with a Steinberg CI-1 to record electric guitar lines, but then suddenly one day recently I started to hear constant loud static, and if I played notes I could hear a very faint guitar sound, but mainly it's...

1 Day Ago
by geogzm Go to last post
1 57
Help

help diagnose BSOD

Hey all Background: Installed new PSU 2 weeks ago, incase this is relevant. Anyway, I started up a game of Marvel Heroes but accidentally clicked the Opera icon while Marvle Heroes was loading. Tried to kill Opera to prevent some sort of RAM...

1 Day Ago
by pepsiguy_2 Go to last post
4 54
Help

solved Cannot Copy .avi Files to Nexus 7 This thread has images

So I am trying to transfer .avi files to my nexus for my little sister to watch on holiday but I just keep getting this error. Although i cant find anything that says nexus 7 doesn't support .avi files.

1 Day Ago
by Soduhjah Go to last post
0 28
Help

Storage Harddrive inaccessible and missing.

Greetings folks, I had this computer for a couple of years, however with a heatwave it experienced some problems. When I booted it up today I have found that that my secondary Harddrive, the one that is mainly the storage where I keep everything on, has...

1 Day Ago
by FrankPetrov Go to last post
1 19
Help

Monitor flickering on every non-white color

So yeah essentially I literally just noticed in the past 15 minutes my monitor is doing this weird flickering thing thats kinda hard to see on every non-white color on my screen. So on FP, its the logo in the corner, the grey background, and the blue trim...

2 Days Ago
by Windows i7 Go to last post
1 54
Help

Corrupted user profile, windows now misreporting folder sizes

So I've got an interesting error right now. Yesterday, my userprofile got toasted, kept getting hit by the temp user account in win7 x64. That it itself woulndn't be so completely odd. But since then, it seems like windows is having huge issues with...

2 Days Ago
by wraithcat Go to last post
2 48
Help

i have omiga virus

i cleared from chrome and from control panel but still jams video and pictures, i can't watch watchcartoonsonline

2 Days Ago
by ph:lxyz Go to last post
30 463
Help

BSOD issues,missing RAM, sudden power off. This thread has images

Howdy a computer of mine seems to having some odd issues as of late. A couple weeks ago it would blue screen maybe about 3-5 times a week, now it seems to just be powering off and when I boot back up I will notice that only half the ram is shown in...

2 Days Ago
by Obama Yo Momma Go to last post
6 195
Help

Seriouis problem - all source mods (and a few games) won't work at all

Ever since i upgraded to windows 8 all my source games : -Zombie master 2 -RnL -Pirates vikings and knigts -Black mesa -and many many more... and some of my games : -Left 4 dead 2

2 Days Ago
by ~Kiwi~v2 Go to last post
2 55
Help

svchost High Bandwidth Useage

The last few days I've had to suffer the constant complaining and ridicule of my father due to bandwidth useage despite me doing very little or even being idle. Fed up of this I decided to sit an monitor the useage. Even without a browser open I...

2 Days Ago
by Lordgeorge16 Go to last post
3 67
Help

Punkbuster not installing?

So my Red Orchestra 2 randomly stopped working with punkbuster, causing me to get kicked every time i attempt to join a server. The same thing happens with Bad Company 2 which i just re-installed. So i downloaded the punkbuster setup directly from their...

3 Days Ago
by ShadowOfDeath Go to last post
0 29
Help

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760 gets very hot, when playing CS:GO

As the title says, my graphics card gets very hot while playing cs:go... to 81 C. Thats too hot right? Any idea why this happens?

3 Days Ago
by J!NX Go to last post
10 175
Help

Windows 8.1: Out of memory warning when less than 50% of memory used This thread has images

Recently I bought a new laptop. Specs: OS: Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit System Manufacturer: Micro-Star International Co., Ltd. System Model: GE60 2PC Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4700HQ CPU @ 2.40GHz (8 CPUs), ~2.4GHz Memory: 8192MB RAM Available...

4 Days Ago
by Demache Go to last post
3 99
Help

Strange issues with some system exes? This thread has images

-All of it was solved Thank you. The thread can be closed now, thanks.-

4 Days Ago
by Ridley Go to last post
0 55
Stupid

PC extremely slows down after playing any video game for a short time.

Hey guys, I've been having this problem for a short while now. It was off and on at first, but now happens whenever I start up a video game. I'm forced to log off of my Windows profile, and log back in. It speeds up immediately after that. No reboot...

4 Days Ago
by Raizo Go to last post
10 165
Computers

Bluetooth Not Working This thread has images

For the past couple of weeks my bluetooth hasn't been working. I've tried a couple of different things found on the web but they haven't proved to be helpful. Before anybody asks.... yes the bluetooth service is running, yes the device is plugged in (it's...

5 Days Ago
by Titanic4 Go to last post
1 45
Help

solved Beep? While running?

My computer is letting out a long beep from the motherboard every couple of seconds (I would say thirty). I have an ASUS motherboard (P8Z77-V) and all temperatures are below 60C (CPU and all)

5 Days Ago
by UKRust Go to last post
5 116
Help

Forwarding ports This thread has images

So I'm trying to foward my ports so I can play Killing Floor with my friends and I followed all the instructions from portfoward.com but it's still not working. What am I doing wrong? My ip is static and everything.

5 Days Ago
9 145
Help

Replaced faulty HDD in laptop, now the screen stays black for 30 seconds and reboots.

As the title says, I was given a laptop with a failing HDD. On boot, it would go to the S.M.A.R.T. scan and say the drive had an issue, but I could choose to boot from a live CD. I replaced the HDD and now the laptop just shows a black screen, then...

6 Days Ago
by allyhaxorz Go to last post
0 50
Help

Graphics driver has stopped responding. This thread has images

A couple of weeks ago I started getting this error while playing any graphic intensive game pretty much. I only have played 3 and got it, but they are BF4, LOTRO, and STALKER Clear Sky. I am running those games at max settings at 50-60 FPS. I would play...

6 Days Ago
by Levelog Go to last post
7 78
Help

I keep getting DDOS

I livestream sometimes and recently some people didnt like my livestream so they ddos me. They are saving my ip, and i dont know how to stop it. A VPN wont save me if they already have my ip. But how can i counter the DDOS attacks or just stop them...

6 Days Ago
by Milkshaker Go to last post
1 126
games

Facepunch's Layout is Completely Screwed This thread has images

This started a few months ago and I've finally grown tired of it. Within topics, posts are compressed vertically, ratings don't show up properly, and various other annoyances. I'm using Firefox and have tried clearing my cache and CTRL+F5. Any other...

6 Days Ago
by mattmanlex Go to last post
1 78
Poll

Laptop Temperatures This thread has images

I'm looking for guidance regarding the temperatures to which my Laptop reach. I'm using SpeedFan to monitor them. This is seemingly idol - I have KSP on in the background but it is paused on therefore not using a great deal of power - also clear in...

6 Days Ago
by Killervalon Go to last post
10 137
Help

I need help with activating windows.

I recently built a new system for work, and we need windows 7 on it, so I bought a product key/disk/whatnot off of ebay for $60 because I have done it before with 0 problems. It came in with a Dell restore disk and the coa and everything else as...

1 Week Ago
by aPanzerIV Go to last post
4 96
Science

solved Monitor resolution problem

Well basically I just got my tv back for my pc, it's a 32" hdtv I use it as a monitor but when I use to use it before I could select the resolution "1920x1200" now it's only letting me select "1600x1200" and it looks wonky and is annoying me, is there any...

1 Week Ago
by SoUl_ReApEr2 Go to last post
0 48
Steam

solved PC can connect to steam and not much else

So, the family internet plan just changed over to optus and we have spent the day connecting the household computers (7 PCs, 3 Laptops) to the new wireless. The issue is that my PC (and my PC alone) can no longer connect to webpages or email clients....

1 Week Ago
by Damoman Go to last post
2 73
Computers

Light beeping noise when moving mouse

I've noticed that whenever i move my mouse around it makes a very light, but noticeable beeping noise in my headset. The sound will stop if i don't move the mouse. It sounds like aliens are hacking to my computer and trying to take over my mind. Its...

AGS
1 Week Ago
by AGS Go to last post
3 76
Help

solved BSOD, no idea whats wrong

So, I left my computer on all night by accident. Then I put it to sleep for an hour, and when I came back to it, it started acting slow and crashed on me, displaying the bsod shown below. I tried turning it back on, but same result. Any clue whats wrong...

1 Week Ago
by DeadCow Go to last post
19 208
QUESTION

Flash GeForce 210 for Mac using Windows Computer

I essentially know I need to do this to fix a mac pro, I would need tips on what software to use and where I can find appropriate files to use for flashing. Can Facepunch help? I am aware of using google, however I am unable to make an informed...

1 Week Ago
by lkymky Go to last post
0 45
Help

Sound not working after Windows update

Yesterday my laptop (Windows 8) did a forced system update. After the update my sound is no longer working. The speaker icon on my taskbar says everything is normal, so I'm not sure where the problem is. Also, if I play a Youtube video and try to skip...

1 Week Ago
by [EG] Pepper Go to last post
4 99
Help

PC Files Messed.

Hello everyone, I recently accidently made my files open in .rar. It shows the rar icon on the file then under it says, Notepad.Ink, MozillaFireFox.Ink, etc... How can I change teh files to open in their default program?

1 Week Ago
5 104
QUESTION

Mom's laptop pooped itself. Pretty sure it's completely dead. Want a second opinion.

She's been having graphical issues lately (a 2 pixel wide line of pixels down the right side of the screen, some areas shaded in red pixels for some reason) so I basically told her her graphics card is probably dying and her laptop has limited time left....

1 Week Ago
2 103
Help

solved Ubuntu 12.04 graphical artifacts (GPU dying?) This thread has images

This evening after playing gmod for a few hours my screen displayed a number of glitches and my pc froze. The artifacts were red, green and blue pixels roughly following the contours of whatever was on screen. I powercycled the machine and found that the...

1 Week Ago
by QwertySecond Go to last post
5 101
Help

Getting random BSoDs with no information, suspecting RAM or motherboard This thread has images

System specs: I've been getting BSoDs since I bought my computer back in February 2014. The first three ones were caused by the "graphics driver not recovering" while I was trying to install the NVidia graphics driver. The few other ones seemed to...

1 Week Ago
3 60
Love

Got back from holiday, red light on motherboard no display / startup (sometimes)

So I was overseas for 6 months and now I'm back and my pc doesn't work anymore. Normally when I start my pc I hear a short beep and the bios screen shows after that windows just boots up. Now when I press the power switch one of 3 things happen: 1....

1 Week Ago
by Warship Go to last post
3 62