Title / Thread Starter Last Post ByReverse Sort Order Replies Views
Tutorial

How to: Ask for Tech Support & Rules

Please understand that the people helping you are doing this in their spare time and you should make it as easy as possible on them. Before you even make a thread, you should have already tried a couple things on your own. Asking for help every time...

6th September 2011
by Shadaez Go to last post
0 5,227
YouTUBE

*Some* YouTube Videos Load But Don't Play This thread has images

Minor issue here, but for some reason, in Chrome certain YouTube videos refuse to play. I can see that they're buffering judging by the video's playback bar and the spinning circle in the middle, but they don't get past the spinning circle even after...

Flicky 1 reading
3 Hours Ago
by ~Kiwi~v2 Go to last post
11 246
Help

Pc crashing during games

I have had this ever since I got this pc and it happens on specific games and mods for no reason, it shutdown instantly and gives no error message except for kernal power 41 in event viewer. I took it to the shop to see if they could find anything wrong...

DigitalySane 5 reading
3 Hours Ago
by Rixxz2 Go to last post
10 214
YouTUBE

YouTube Videos at 1080p+ Heavily Aliased in Chrome

Whenever I try to watch a video at any resolution higher than 720p on Chrome, it gets heavily aliased when watching it in a 720p player size or lower. This only started happening recently, and it's fine on Firefox. I tried forcing videos to play in...

11 Hours Ago
by GiGaBiTe Go to last post
1 80
Help

PC can't see hard drive after a few hours of use This thread has images

Me and my friend both have bought an 1TB WD hard drive, this one to be exact and everything worked alright without any problems when suddenly after 4-6 hours of use the computer can't find the drive anymore and freezes everything that was running on that...

16 Hours Ago
by itsthejayden Go to last post
10 238
Help

Firefox/something else caused a complete system freeze, 'reset' switch taking ages to respond

Hello people. I assembled the system about three weeks ago, and up until this point it's been working perfectly. Was just browsing the web, and clicked on an ad (which leads to an established Swedish PC-accessory reseller), which caused the entire...

16 Hours Ago
by alien_guy Go to last post
1 79
Help

Missing operating system, partition not recognised.

So, say what you will (if I haven't already said it to myself). I thought it would be a good idea to dual boot my computer with OSX along side windows, managed to do it and it's been working fine for months. Until today, I formatted a USB in OSX to create...

1 Day Ago
by AncientFryup Go to last post
9 172
Photos

Disk drive won't display (images included) This thread has images

The drive is powered and does open and close manually. Although something about "coprocessor" seems to be causing the issue. I've tried uninstalling both and the drive is still not recognized by windows.

2 Days Ago
4 129
Help

Internet rollercoaster This thread has images

My friend's internet has been going crazy. Talking to him over skype works for maybe 4 seconds at a time, then 7 seconds of silence, and then resumes exactly where his sentence left off. But that resumed audio replaces what he says, so only about a third...

2 Days Ago
by Darth_Toast Go to last post
0 84
QUESTION

Mouse is lagging behind & Not fluidly moving.

My mouse will jump around as I move it. The cursor will still reach its destination, but does not move fluidly to get there. Where it becomes a problem is when a program crashes. Whenever I am greeted with the "x has stopped responding" message, my...

2 Days Ago
by Charrax Go to last post
0 57
Help

New build. Won't boot up in the morning. This thread has images

Hi guys. First time I built a computer, and I had help from some friends. Basically after I built the pc, I only had a few hitches, it didn't power on at first but this was due to a cable being in the wrong place, and then the watercooling wasn't working...

2 Days Ago
by Thechuz1337 Go to last post
10 236
Help

solved Random crashes, glitchy graphics, gets fixed by sleep mode This thread has images

Hi guys. When playing PAYDAY 2, Saints Row 3, Sniper Elite V2, or other similar games, they sometimes crash. Upon crashing, some applications get glitchy. Steam has this weird rainbow-flickering text when moving the cursor, some website elements...

ABS
2 Days Ago
by ABS Go to last post
0 76
Help

Why is my 3rd Screen doing this? This thread has images

Alright, so I decided to hook my TV up on my wall last night for a 3rd monitor. For whatever reason though, even after GPU Scaling to get it to fit perfectly (as for all HDMI Screens, it seems) - it seems to be too.. big? All resolutions are of 1080p,...

3 Days Ago
by Darkwater124 Go to last post
7 284
Help

Problem with my second monitor

Ok, so I tried to plug a usb to the back of my computer then one of my monitor stopped working. So I decided to mess around with the wire to see if they work. then Yes, both work properly but they can not work together When i only plug one monitor, it...

3 Days Ago
by MadMrCrazy Go to last post
2 114
Computers

solved My computer overheats a lot and the fan doesn't go very fast

When playing games my computer seems to get very hot without me noticing and my fan doesn't spin faster it just spins casually then when it gets too hot my computer's overheat protection kickes in and force shutdowns my computer (like holding the button...

3 Days Ago
7 248
Help

HP DL380 G5 wont accept more than 8GB of memory

I have recently bought a 8x2GB HP MEMORY KIT for my HP DL380 G5 server. When I try to put the kit in, and start the DL380, it will not POST and makes a really annoying high pitched noise, if you are asking, is the DIMMS bad? No. I have tried over 4...

3 Days Ago
14 212
Help

BSOD when using Foobar and WoW

I have an odd problem. For the past couple of days... my computer has been freezing (complete system lock) and sometimes blue screening when using Foobar2k and WoW. This problem does not happen at all with any other game I play. I did check through Event...

3 Days Ago
by TheJoker Go to last post
0 100
Help

Computer seizes up every 20 minutes or so

Hey guys, Not sure how to best describe it, but every 20-30 minutes, my PC will just randomly seize on whatever it's doing. It first starts with whatever program I'm using, and it will stop responding. The rest of the computer functions will then stop...

3 Days Ago
by MaddaCheeb Go to last post
3 143
Help

Java being a fucking ass. This thread has images

Hello, Okay so for the past 8 months i have been having a agrivating issue with Java where if i use it in any form (Minecraft Launcher, Java Control Panel, etc) it will spaz out constantly stuttering or black screening. Sadly i couldn't record much of...

3 Days Ago
by Adamnetwork Go to last post
0 91
Help

Hard drive fucked (probably) need advice for a new one

So basically, it's taken me nearly half an hour from getting into my desktop to get to the very screen I write this on. My PC has been like this a while now, it basically takes a VERY long time for anything to actually happen when i first get on to my...

3 Days Ago
by Triot Go to last post
12 371
Help

DirectX won't install, every solution I've tried has failed

I need to install DirectX runtime/redist/whatever the hell they name them in order to be able to install unreal engine 4. It always failed on the "Installing DirectX" step and would refuse to go any further. I went to manually install the DX runtime (june...

4 Days Ago
by Naelstrom Go to last post
3 111
Help

Creating a System Repair Disk with a WD Element

I need to clone my main drive so I got a new 1TB HDD, and this portable 1TB hard drive which connects through USB. Now I can't create a system repair disk using the USB connected drive and I don't know what to do. Is there any work around for this? Using...

4 Days Ago
by lope Go to last post
0 75
Help

solved Input Language is UK in settings still having US inputs

On windows 8.1 and I've had this problem before, to give more detail despite the input language and comp language being set to English UK my keyboard is still typing like a US one (@ is swapped with " etcera) keyboard is UK so I have no clue what the...

5 Days Ago
by Purple Gecko Go to last post
4 177
Help

AMD Radeon HD 7950 Flickering problem

Hello everyone; I have a flickering situtation on my SAPPHIRE AMD Radeon HD 7950 OC Edition. It is like, it flickers for a second and goes back to normal. I have tried things like downclocking from AMD Overdrive, 2D and 3D clocking from MSI...

6 Days Ago
by Cyberuben Go to last post
15 415
Help

GeForce GTX 460 drivers constantly failing and recovering... and occasionally not recovering. This thread has images

I've tried installing older drivers but that makes no difference, and the problem persists after re-installing windows as well. I need to set the fan speed to 100% while playing any video game so it doesn't overheat, even while playing something as...

6 Days Ago
9 256
Computers

MSI TwinFrozrIII R7870 No Video

Pretty much the title, I pop the card into my PC and I get no video, brother gave me it like this. Does anyone know what's up? GPU Failure? Bad Caps? Corrupted BIOS? I think the card is still under warranty, judging by the site and the sticker, made in...

1 Week Ago
by uaredead2020 Go to last post
9 236
QUESTION

Battery wear level reversed itself, asking for an explanation

Ok, so, my laptop is about 3 years old. I haven't been using it as much since I got a desktop. 2 weeks ago I put it in sleep mode but forgot about it. A week later I find the laptop completely dead, so I plug it in and forget about it. Today, I turn it on...

1 Week Ago
2 132
Help

GPU1 using 754% power at intervals (MSI Afterburner) This thread has images

Using MSI afterburner and at random intervals it spikes up at 750%+ and then back to ~20% in power. I also get random "glitches" flickering on screens at random times but nothing more than that (Looks a bit distorted for half a sec but nothing...

1 Week Ago
by Starship Go to last post
2 160
Help

Ethernet cable not recognized This thread has images

so for some goddamn reason our ethernet cable won't work on my computer, it works fine on my stepdad's laptop (he has to turn on airplane mode and deactivate his wifi though). Basically what happens is, i plug in the cable it pops up for a millisecond...

1 Week Ago
by Yahnich Go to last post
11 190
Help

Modem or PC Ethernet Port?

Okay so lately. I have been having Connection issues but I dont know what to do so I figured I would ask here.... We had a modem changed and now sense these new modems that comcast gave us ie modem with a built in router. Its been kicking me offline an...

1 Week Ago
by Dizzeh Go to last post
6 154
Help

solved My new mouse keeps pausing/lagging. This thread has images

The mouse is called an 'Epower JS-X5 800-2400' I think it may be a driver issue, but I've had absolutely no success in finding any drivers specifically for that mouse. I use Windows 7 Professional, 64-bit. It works completely fine on my laptop that...

1 Week Ago
by J AC1D Go to last post
0 107
Help

solved Turned off computer last night, got on today and it performed a system restore.

Just as the title says. I got off last night after playing some games on steam and got back on to find that the entire system had been restored. All my pictures are gone, my videos, my music. Everything. The messed up thing, however, is it shows the exact...

1 Week Ago
by OficerHonkHonk Go to last post
2 140
Help

Really High Temps Under load

Hi there, I'm getting issues with high temperatures, almost as soon as I play BF4 my temperatures sky rocket http://puu.sh/caN3n/38667ddae4.JPG If I minimize it, the temps drop to 60c.

1 Week Ago
by ~Kiwi~v2 Go to last post
4 117
Help

Brand New Alienware m17 Laptop Runs Hot

Hello, I just bought an m17 about a month ago it plays most games pretty damn good, except when it gets hot there is a noticable difference. Yesterday I started out playing Borderlands 2 maxxed out @ 1080p but like 2 hours into the session, certain...

1 Week Ago
by breakyourfac Go to last post
5 169
Help

Mouse and keyboard is not responding

Recently, I updated my Catalyst driver to the Beta 14.9.1 since the previous 14.9 caused problems on my PC (Windoes wouldn't start, restarts on its own, freeze on desktop). I thought that the 14.9.1 have the bugs fixed but when I installed and...

1 Week Ago
by iAmaNewb Go to last post
0 81
Help

solved Windows 7 Backup & Restore backing up things that aren't checked (and therefore shouldn't) This thread has images

Many moons ago, I attempted backing up all of the stuff on my SSD (120 GB Crucial M4) and a bit of stuff on my secondary HDD (1 TB WD Caviar Black) to an external drive (a 1 TB WD Elements). It's not possible for me to back up the entirety of the CB and...

1 Week Ago
by wickedplayer494 Go to last post
4 216
QUESTION

Use Win 7 key more than once?

Just wondering if I am able to use my Windows 7 Home Premium Key more than once (getting a laptop tomorrow) or if I have to buy another key? I've googled this already but I'm not entirely sure about those answers. Edit: I have the same key on this PC.

1 Week Ago
5 184
Help

Dead laptop. Is there any fix?

A good friend of mine had his laptop die on him. It all started when the laptop was powered on and nothing appeared on screen. He went through the normal procedures - Removing the ram to see if that was the issue, connecting the laptop to an external...

1 Week Ago
17 395
Gross

Sometimes cannot wake up computer

Sometimes i cannot wake up my computer after it goes to sleep and i have to restart it. Here's the kicker, i've set sleep, hibernate, etc to 'never' and only the monitor is supposed to turn off after 30 mins. I search the web and couldn't find anything. ...

1 Week Ago
by aydin690 Go to last post
8 197
Help

Computer wont boot BIOS

So I was stuck with a previous problem of blue screens and crashes for the past few weeks and now its gotte a whole lot worse. 2 days ago, my computer couldn't boot up after restarting it. Every components including the chassis fans would work full...

1 Week Ago
by UKRust Go to last post
10 249
Request

Modem and router all of a sudden won't work. Can connect modem to PC and use the internet normally but if I connect it to the router it won't be recognized anymore.

I have a DIR-600 router and a TD-8816 (ver 6.0) modem. I had them configured to modem on bridge and router on PPPoE for a long time, they worked fine. Today I woke up to no internet connection. After a bit of looking around, I realized that the LAN LED...

1 Week Ago
11 215