Title / Thread Starter Last Post ByReverse Sort Order Replies Views
Tutorial

How to: Ask for Tech Support & Rules

Please understand that the people helping you are doing this in their spare time and you should make it as easy as possible on them. Before you even make a thread, you should have already tried a couple things on your own. Asking for help every time...

Shadaez 1 reading
6th September 2011
by Shadaez Go to last post
0 5,086
Help

Computer freezes during CSGO and L4D2 only

Hey guys, I got a problem with my computer or maybe monitor? But I'm sure it's my computer. Sometimes when I'm gaming, my comp will randomly freeze along with the game sound looping for a few seconds ... after a few seconds the sound loop will...

5 Hours Ago
by Levelog Go to last post
5 236
Help

IPV4 over Ethernet not working

So, this is a strange one, and I've tried a bunch of things and I just can't figure out what's going on. I can access everything just fine over WiFi to our Belkin router, however when I try to use my Ethernet cord, very, very few things will connect...

soulharvester 1 reading
6 Hours Ago
by soulharvester Go to last post
0 43
Help

Fraps brightness and 10 second delay

I am having some trouble with fraps, when I record FN@F, Minecraft and I assume other games, the brightness of the game is really dark compared to what I see, also when I played FN@F, the game didn't freeze between "7th Day" and the gameplay, but in the...

9 Hours Ago
by Xonax Go to last post
0 77
Help

Strange Lines on webpages.

Hello, I have some strange vertical and horizontal lines on chrome with some webpages. If I zoom in slightly or zoom out slightly, they disappear. It only happens on chrome as far as I know and on my second monitor for youtube. They disappear if i move it...

12 Hours Ago
by Inferno113 Go to last post
0 45
Help

Wireless speeds quite a lot less than wired

So I know its normal to for wireless to be slower in general than wired, but how can I speed it up? I have a wireless g router and a wireless n card. My computer is up stairs + 2 walls away from the wireless router. Would switching to a N router help my...

12 Hours Ago
by thrawn2787 Go to last post
0 54
Stupid

Computer will not turn on or even post if the graphics card is in it.

So my friends old computer with an 8800GT in it all the sudden stopped working, it would not receive any output on the monitor whether or not it was onboard graphics or the GT 8800gt, when you removed the power from the 8800GT it just made an extremely...

14 Hours Ago
by cdlink14 Go to last post
6 130
Computers

Video input loss during intense gaming

I get video input loss, and then my computer restarts when I am gaming. Guild Wars 2 is a CpU and GPu heavy game, but I used to play it for hours just fine, now I can't run it for 5 minutes. I have EMI problems, but it has never affected anything...

22 Hours Ago
by RenegadeCop Go to last post
7 233
Help

Persistent Graphics Card Crashes This thread has images

I've been struggling the past few months with crashes, both in game and shortly after startup. After resetting my BIOS to factory default and updating my graphics driver, I haven't had any in-game crashes yet, a few days ago it started crashing on desktop...

23 Hours Ago
by Rixxz2 Go to last post
10 352
games

Total War Shogun 2 Crash on splashscreen

My friend is having a issue with Shogun 2 where it crashes on the Shogun 2 Splash screen when launched. Ive fixed it before for another friend but I can't remember how to do so. Google brought up fixes, but none have worked for him. Can anyone help.

2 Days Ago
by Vexua Go to last post
0 100
Help

Windows 7 Backup & Restore backing up things that aren't checked (and therefore shouldn't) This thread has images

Many moons ago, I attempted backing up all of the stuff on my SSD (120 GB Crucial M4) and a bit of stuff on my secondary HDD (1 TB WD Caviar Black) to an external drive (a 1 TB WD Elements). It's not possible for me to back up the entirety of the CB and...

2 Days Ago
by Coolboy Go to last post
3 129
Xbox360

Xbox 360 Controller PC - Analogue isn't precise

When playing some games via emulators, the analogue sticks are have functionality that mimics a Keyboard. example, if I want to move to the left, I'm going full speed, and there's no option to have a slower movement speed (to sneak or whatever). I've...

3 Days Ago
by J!NX Go to last post
8 198
Computers

solved Computer won't turn on, sparking

So I was using a spare computer and it abruptly turned off, when I turned it back on it only powered on for a few seconds. The PSU was really hot so I assume it was overheating, I removed one of the graphic cards (SLI setup) dusted it and while it turned...

3 Days Ago
by esk0 Go to last post
4 215
Help

Installing python-crypto on CentOS for Torrentflux?

Torrentflux is complaining that "warning - crypto library not installed", so I gave it a go. https://pypi.python.org/pypi/pycrypto File "/usr/lib64/python2.4/distutils/dist.py", line 966, in run_command cmd_obj.run() File...

Tools 1 reading
3 Days Ago
by Gishank Go to last post
1 97
Help

Iiyama monitors and HDMI cables Hissing problem

Hey.. So I have 2 iiyama PC Monitors, and I decided I wanted my PS3 in the office with my computer. I Brought a new HDMI cable so that my ps3 can plug into my monitor. When I launch a game the monitors make this horrible sound as though its about to...

3 Days Ago
by ENG.jonny Go to last post
0 62
Help

solved Black screen with blinking parser when installing W7 from USB

I was building my new PC and it booted to BIOS without a hitch on the first try, but when I try to boot from USB to install Windows 7 I just get a black screen with a blinking parser indefinitely (I let it sit for ~30 minutes). There is no HDD from a...

4 Days Ago
by Zezibesh Go to last post
0 90
games

All HL2 Games crash on loading. Standard troubleshooting not working.

All of them.. HL2, Ep1, Ep2. All launch, i hear the valve video, and then it crashes back to desktop, no error codes, no "Attempting to find a solution" bar, or anything. Ive scoured the web for any and all solutions, all of them are 3+ years old,...

5 Days Ago
2 184
Help

Windows 8 bass sound problem on internet. This thread has images

So i just god a new computer and it works great. First to say, I'm still pretty new to windows 8 It can't be the system because the bass sound good when I use media player and foobar but when I try to play a video on youtube it sounds like I'm on my...

5 Days Ago
by Scottj Go to last post
9 535
Help

solved Battlefield 4 Framerate drops This thread has images

Title is as it states. I'm almost certain there's a technical issue going on as I know people with builds of an equal or moderately lower level than mine facing this issue. I'll paste my part list below. - Intel i7-3770 3.4/3.9GHz - EVGA GTX780Ti 3GB...

6 Days Ago
by ~Kiwi~v2 Go to last post
17 375
Help

ULX Rank Bug

So basically there is a huge bug, where people will be set to a rank and eventually it will randomly disappear when they rejoin. For example, Jimmy was promoted to admin 2 days ago, now he is a user without anyone setting him there. Or within smaller time...

6 Days Ago
by soloisticorc2 Go to last post
0 87
Help

Unable to access color settings in SyncMaster T24B300.

Long story short, I got another 24' inch screen, the first one is connected via HDMI cable while the other one uses DVI. The main one (HDMI) has color settings I can't access because it says: 'You can't access these settings unless you connect monitor to...

6 Days Ago
by Netheous Go to last post
0 88
ps3

PS3 Controller Bricked After Using DS3Tool

Hey all, I installed DS3Tool to use my SIXAXIS PS3 controller on PC, in short I didn't get it to work and now my controller is so broken all it can do is scroll up and down constantly and X is now the only working button. I've tried resetting both my...

6 Days Ago
by Arc Nova Go to last post
2 142
Stupid

solved Browser is being haunted by spooky adware This thread has images

I'm hoping somebody knows where this particular one comes from. I have this on my laptop which I haven't used in several months. I'm currently installing avast because all I have is MSE currently and it doesn't actually seem to be running. This may...

1 Week Ago
by SonicXV Go to last post
1 87
Help

'Failed to connect to a windows service' and other issues relating

So today I got the message 'Failed to connect to a windows service' My desktop theme was set to classic white and the boot up times and shut down times were 10x longer than usual. I did a full Malwarebytes scan but nothing came up. So I decided to...

1 Week Ago
by dead60 Go to last post
0 56
Help

Mouse double clicking while single clicking

For the past week or so I've been having a problem with my g500s mouse. It double clicks when I press the button just once. It's pretty annoying. I tried using different ports, different computers (even virtual machines) and the problem is still there.

1 Week Ago
by Toyhobo Go to last post
3 87
Computers

Pretty annoying HDD vibration

I recently built a computer in a Corsair Graphite 230T case, and put a WD Caviar Blue 1TB drive in it, mounted with the the quick-mount system in the case. Works great, but I get really annoying vibration from the hard drive that transfers through my...

1 Week Ago
2 183
Help

Unable to access my Downloads section This thread has images

I need help, as the downloads section is where I keep a LOT of important items. Here's an image of the error:

1 Week Ago
by ChloeBlackSythe Go to last post
3 129
Love

Cannot connect to located wifi - Adapter device cannot start

I usually try to fix these things myself, but this problem is so annoying and somewhat crippling that I've decided to swallow my pride and ask for help. As I've stated in the thread title my computer cannot connect to wifi or the internet or anything...

1 Week Ago
by For No Reason Go to last post
2 120
Help

solved Windows Recording Devices panel freezes when opened + audio recording programs freeze up

Literally the title. Whenever I open windows' sound panel, it freezes up and gives me 'not responding', and audacity refuses to open. Rebooting twice seemed to half-arsedly fix it last night, but other than that, I'm not sure. Unplugging my audio doesn't...

1 Week Ago
by geogzm Go to last post
2 119
Help

Error when trying to install Xbox one controller drivers

So I just reformatted my computer and was reinstalling everything and I've come across an annoying problem that I can't seem to fix, every time I try to install the drivers for my Xbox one controller I get this message ...

1 Week Ago
by CuppethCake Go to last post
0 90
Help

solved CD Drive takes ages to read CD, if it reads it at all.

PROBLEM FIXED ITSELF, NEVERMIND I have a TSSTcorp CDDVDW SH-S243N SCSI CdRom Device that's been having problems ever since I've had to reformat my HDD. It's been slow to read discs, if it even does at all. I'll place the disc in the drive and the...

1 Week Ago
by Starlight 456 Go to last post
3 104
Help

iPhone5 Water Damaged - Display Broke - Need To Get All My Stuff Off There

Main question really is contacts and messages. Need to get both of these off the phone so I can have them available to me. Would they both be tied to the sim card? Perhaps at least contacts would be? Think thats about all the valuable stuff I keep on...

1 Week Ago
by Cyberuben Go to last post
3 292
Music

Winamp keeps freezing

when i try to play any song/radio stream, winamp keeps freezing and i can't control anything, but the song/radio plays how can i fix this

1 Week Ago
by ashrobhoy Go to last post
4 128
Request

solved Garry's Mod stopped working all of a sudden This thread has images

I've recently tried playing garrysmod, and it's just bringing up the loading screen, and then shutting down saying hl2.exe has stopped working. I've tried reinstalling steam, reinstalling garrysmod, renaming the gmod folder, and deleting the hl2.exe in...

1 Week Ago
by Matt555 Go to last post
0 139
Help

solved Cannot send e-mail from my mail server to an outside domain "Requested action not taken: mailbox unavailable" This thread has images

Hello, everyone. I'm still having headaches trying to look cool and have my own custom e-mail domain! Sending e-mail locally works fine, but when I tried to send an e-mail from my server to my hotmail, this happens. Again, I'm using postfix and...

1 Week Ago
by LegoGuy Go to last post
8 353
Movies

How do I reduce webm filesize?

So I'm new at webms, I've downloaded virtualdub and set it all up. I have a problem though, if I try to take a little chunk out of some footage so I can convert it, the file size is still ridiculous, way over 200mb. How do I go about reducing this...

1 Week Ago
by Excalibuurr Go to last post
2 179
Help

Freezing computer for ~0,5-15sec This thread has images

Specs: AMD Athlon II 64 2.4GHz Asrock N68C-gs fx 2x VRAM 1GB 400MHz Radeon HD4850 512MB GDDR3 256bit Modecom Feel II 520W Seagate 250GB Xonar DG audio card Hello I have a BIG problem with my PC because it's still freezing during playing CS:GO or...

1 Week Ago
by Dexter127 Go to last post
7 211
Request

Advice on getting a heart rate monitor hooked up to PC.

Ive got the Mio Link heart rate monitor, and would love to get it connected and be able to track its readings. Has anyone done this before? Ive got bluetooth 4.0, but it doesn't seem to want to connect to the computer. Right now im downloading...

1 Week Ago
by MorningWoody Go to last post
0 124
Help

Rear and Center Speakers not giving out sound. (Take Two) This thread has images

Ok, so I made a thread about this a while ago, only to realize I was just an idoit and didn't have a 5.1 sound card. But today I went out and bought one, only to find out there is still no sound coming from my rear or center speakers. Testing them just...

1 Week Ago
by Dukov Traboski Go to last post
3 102
Help

Freezing, Monitor Disconnects, Stuttering

So recently when playing ArcheAge the following happens: -The screen and sound start to stutter, sometimes even freezing completely for a few seconds -Screen goes black, no response, shows the 'monitor not connected' symbol -Screen goes back but most...

2 Weeks Ago
by Demoness Go to last post
6 188
Help

second monitor not being detected

my main display is vga and so is the second one i got my video card only has 1 vga output, 1 hdmi and 2 dvi so I bought some little vga to dvi adapter and tested it but it wouldn't detect the second monitor I thought it was just the adapter so I...

2 Weeks Ago
4 94