Title / Thread Starter Last Post ByReverse Sort Order Replies Views
Tutorial

How to: Ask for Tech Support & Rules

Please understand that the people helping you are doing this in their spare time and you should make it as easy as possible on them. Before you even make a thread, you should have already tried a couple things on your own. Asking for help every time...

6th September 2011
by Shadaez Go to last post
0 4,355
Help

New graphics card causing artifacts and crashing display driver.

Just bought a geforce gtx 770 no more than 2 days ago, and since installing it I have had nothing but problems. Any game regardless of performance settings will start to have artifacts within 2 minutes upon starting and stretch models and textures...

1 Hour Ago
by AtomicSans Go to last post
6 105
Help

"kinda" technical: youtube stopped updating subscriptions over a day ago This thread has images

okay so basically, when I want to watch videos on youtube, I'd do it through https://www.youtube.com/feed/subscriptions because I don't give a shit about what google wants me to watch, I only want to see what I'm subscribed to. this has worked fine for...

4 Hours Ago
by {ABK}AbbySciuto Go to last post
3 163
games

Mouse Problems, please help. (Team Fortress 2) This thread has images

Hey guys, recently I've ran into a little problem with TF2, Example: I've uninstalled TF2, (deleted local content) but nothing works, can anyone help?

5 Hours Ago
by Levelog Go to last post
33 451
Help

Random Crashes on specific game mode (Zombie survival)

Greetings, over the past few weeks my Garry's mod has been crashing in the game mode "zombie survival", made by William "Jetboom" Moodhe. I browsed his website and forums looking for a solution but nothing have worked so far. It only happens in this...

7 Hours Ago
by Anzeis Go to last post
2 105
Computers

Mouse occasionally disconnects/freezes/skips, but only in games

I've got a Logitech M510 wireless mouse, and occasionally in games, but only games, the mouse will disconnect, freeze, or skip around randomly. Changing to or from direct mouse input does nothing. What could be wrong? It seems to be related (weirdly) to...

7 Hours Ago
by AtomicSans Go to last post
0 93
Help

Reset Laptop, can't use USB or Lan ports to transfer drivers.

So I just installed a fresh copy of windows 7 on my Asus k55 laptop. Before that, I downloaded all the necessary drivers from the asus website on my main computer. Gpu, bios, usb3 and so on Now that my laptop is running a new version of windows 7, I...

8 Hours Ago
by Levelog Go to last post
1 64
Help

Unable to Connect to GMod or Rust Servers This thread has images

I most recently bought Rust and GMod, I managed to play Rust one time but after that when I tried connecting to any server I always got a "failed to connect" message, for GMod, however, I can connect to a server, but only if I use the "click to join the...

12 Hours Ago
by SnowSauce Go to last post
0 73
Help

solved Boot Configuration Data File is missing... Windows 8.1/SSD

Hey guys, so I've been running Windows 8.1 for about 2 months now on a brand new Samsung SSD I bought and just today I turn it on and I get this error from Windows boot. Now, I tried to make sure everything was still fine in the BIOS, and after a...

17 Hours Ago
by Zareox7 Go to last post
3 76
Love

Cubase 5 zoom problem

So, I'm working on a track in Cubase 5 and for some reason when I drag the playhead along, it changes the zoom level too, which is painfully annoying. How do I disable this?

17 Hours Ago
by geogzm Go to last post
0 33
Help

Unable to install KB2919355

For the past 4-5 hrs I have been unable to install Windows8.1-KB2919355-x64. Windows Update throws a hissy fit and gives me a error (0x80073712) and I can't get it installed via standalone update. I had already tried the Windows Update Troubleshooter...

TheJoker 1 reading
18 Hours Ago
by TheJoker Go to last post
0 100
Help

Steam games stuck on prepearing to launch after formatting computer

So i formatted my computer and now i cant run any steam games even though ive installed all the side downloads. Ive followed all steps that valve put out for this error but nothing seems to work. My directx version is 11 ive tried to install directx 9...

20 Hours Ago
by TruthSeekah Go to last post
2 115
Help

(Laptop) Nvidia Kernel Driver Stopped responding.

When I'm gaming, my video card driver randomly crash in most games, sometimes I even get BSOD. This issue seems rather common from what I've looked up but most fixes are basically "re-install your drivers" or "check your power supply". The thing is: I...

1 Day Ago
by kisaraji Go to last post
0 91
Help

dgen.exe makes CPU usage 100%

Recently, I've found out that the CPU usage of my PC is 100% and the cause is this file called dgen.exe. When I googled it, it is said that it could be a malware or a Trojan horse. Therefore is there anyone that can enlighten me about this? Do I...

iAmaNewb 1 reading
1 Day Ago
by iAmaNewb Go to last post
4 434
Steam

Garry's Mod awesomium.framework FIX IT VINH

I joined a gmod TTT server and my steam name was changed to "FIX IT VINH@@" Then I started sending "FIX IT VINH" to everyone on my friends list. I looked at my processes and there was a bunch of "awesomium.framework" processes.

2 Days Ago
by omegamegaman Go to last post
3 224
Help

solved usbxhci.sys bsod

usbxhci.sys bsod

2 Days Ago
by J!NX Go to last post
4 107
Help

USB constantly failing - Most fustrating problem I have ever had This thread has images

Hey guys, I play games on a laptop and a while ago I notice the generic crappy mouse I was using cutting out every now and again for about a second. It was so infrequent that I did not mind. Over time this worse and worse until I bought a G400 off of...

2 Days Ago
by killerbanjo Go to last post
8 164
Help

Unable to connect to my own dedicated server (SRCDS/Contagion)

I'm trying to connect to my own dedicated server on Contagion. It works fine, people can join it, but I can't. I'm behind a router, I have forwarded all the necessary ports, there is no -ip argument in the batch, I have set my client port to a different...

Morbo!!! 1 reading
2 Days Ago
by Morbo!!! Go to last post
6 175
Help

No HDMI signal, motherboard at fault?

Recently I bought a new desktop and was using only the integrated GPU (i5-4670k) through HDMI on my LG 24EA53 screen. Everything was working fine. Later on I bought a R9 270X and for some reason I cannot get any image on the screen when it's connected...

3 Days Ago
by GiGaBiTe Go to last post
2 81
Help

hey so my desktop just kinda stopped This thread has images

hey in like january my desktop just kinda stopped. she froze and i went to reboot her and nothing shows up on the screen and after various fucking abouts and arounds with her guts i pronounced her dead but im kinda pissed. i have no clue how to diagnose...

3 Days Ago
by ifaux Go to last post
18 166
Love

Linux (Kali/Ubuntu etc) Forensic RAW memory dump need to find pass-phrase(sd5) of /dev/ hard drive in the memory dump

Hey everyone for a project I need to find the password of the pass-phrase that I need to enter at start-up of a virtual machine (*Ubuntu*) which is suppose to be a "VPS" and stuff, but before booting i get asked to enter the pass-phrase "Unlocking the...

Siemz 1 reading
3 Days Ago
by Siemz Go to last post
0 161
Help

After installing Windows 8.1, Windows 7 got deactivated

well i'm trying to switch from 7 to 8.1. but i'm still keeping 7, now the problem is, its registration went invalid and i didn't install 7 in the first place(the guy who was fixing my pc installed). any ways to fix this?

3 Days Ago
by djjkxbox360 Go to last post
1 147
Help

Sony Laptop CPU Temperature High (60*C?)

'Ello, I have a Sony Vaio Pro 13 and I'm working on a lengthy Word document, i-Tunes, and Chrome running and my core temperature is wavering around 60 degrees Celsius. Should this be concerning? It seems like that's really hot/can cause harm? If the...

3 Days Ago
by taipan Go to last post
8 236
Humor

Tried editing some shit in msconfig now getting a BAD_SYSTEM_CONFIG_INFO Bsod screen [WIN 8.1]

So I found out last night that W8 was using only a gig of RAM which would explain for some memory issues, the computer recognises that I have 8gb of RAM and I read that to achieve Windows from using unlimited amounts was to input 0 in system ram required...

4 Days Ago
by fruxodaily Go to last post
28 422
QUESTION

Windows 8.1 black login screen

So when I woke the computer up from sleep mode this morning, all I got was a black screen with the cursor, flickering in and out when I moved the mouse. I couldn't do anything but force shut down the computer. When I started it up again, it would get past...

4 Days Ago
by TheAuditor898 Go to last post
2 104
Computers

Mouse Freezing

The things ive tried. Uptdating/deleting drivers updating graphic card driver switching usb ports trying mouse on a different computer and it worked perfectly ive tried everything ive seen from other sites of people who had the same problem. The...

4 Days Ago
by TruthSeekah Go to last post
4 116
Help

Windows with a darker shade are sort of transparent? This thread has images

Not sure what's going on here. Left is my Winamp-window hovering over the Tumblr webpage. Right is the Tumblr-webpage with Winamp minimized. If you squint, you can see the tumblr-page in the Winamp window. Same thing happens with Steam. I noticed when I...

4 Days Ago
by Coyoteze Go to last post
2 125
Help

Computer boots, but nothing displays on monitor.

I had been fiddling with this all day, and I even corrected it ONCE but whenever I boot up my computer, nothing is showing up on the monitor and my keyboard isn't even connecting either, but the mouse is. I have already switched around the RAM which...

5 Days Ago
by Yuzing0 Go to last post
4 131
QUESTION

Why is my GF's Google Now app giving her picks based on my searches? This thread has images

So me and my girlfriend both have Nexus phones, I have a Nexus 4 she has a 5. We both have Google Now activated because I personally thought it was pretty nifty. But for some reason the picks she gets on this app are based on my search results, meaning...

massaki 1 reading
5 Days Ago
by LordCrypto Go to last post
2 101
YouTUBE

solved Google Chrome eating away at Hard-Drive - 100% disk usage

Constantly getting 100%-90% disk usage and task manager suggests it's caused by chrome. Never had this issue until about a week ago. Any ideas what causes the build-up? Also I don't use web-browsers like a mad man and have 50 open, I keep it down to...

5 Days Ago
by AK'z Go to last post
3 125
Repeat

solved Break down files by storage space on mac?

For starters I have a macbook pro with bootcamp. I've been cleaning out both hard drives so I can allocate more space for windows, which I use just about all of the time. When using windows I was able to view the major files on my hard drive, listed by...

5 Days Ago
by The Stills Go to last post
1 47
Help

Cards MHz randomly spikes and dips. This thread has images

Not sure what this means. Games where I'd get over 60 FPS all the time now dip from the 70 - 60s, down to 2, 5, 9, etc for two seconds, then jump back up. Pretty much completely random frame rate dips. Never had this problem before. Is something broken,...

5 Days Ago
by ricky23 Go to last post
5 170
Help

(AMD) Catalyst Control Center Desktop Color Not Saving

I just got a XFX Radeon 280 today and I'm encountering a problem I had when I returned my old 7770 a few years ago and got an Nvidia instead. My monitor has too high of a gamma by default. I have to force it down using driver options. Nvidia gives me a...

5 Days Ago
1 99
Help

Got new graphics card(s), they don't operate at full performance

I borrowed a graphics card off a buddy (GTX 560) which was supposed to be able to run games like Dota 2 and Diablo 3 smoothly at high settings. I plug it in, it doesn't work too well, hardly better than my previous one which had to have games set to low...

5 Days Ago
2 200
Help

Computer to TV fuckup

I hooked up my 6 year old Hitachi 1080p HD TV via HDMI to my computer. I have a NVIDIA GTX 550 TI, but apparently it decided to use an Intel card ( I think my computer has this as its backup card for when you install drivers or something ) Anyways it...

5 Days Ago
4 176
Rant

New RAM - Not Booting

So I've decided to get more RAM. These infact- |C|L|I|C|K| When I installed them to my machine it wouldn't even boot, not even any screen input. It would power up but thats it. I've reset my BIOS and CMOS. Nothing. The computer just sits there like...

6 Days Ago
by GiGaBiTe Go to last post
2 116
Help

Random Issues with Explorer.exe

For some reason, I will randomly have this issue on almost every computer I have owned. Any ideas? Video:

6 Days Ago
by Silentwisher Go to last post
4 143
Love

Ext. Hard Drive slowed down to 1/4 of it's original speed.

I am clueless. I purchased this HD 4 months ago and it was super fast when I saved files via USB 3.0, now it slowed down dramatically to a fake 50mb/s.. and by fake I mean that it says 50mb/s and "10 seconds remaining" but in fact it takes 10 times...

6 Days Ago
by Drumdevil Go to last post
7 242
Help

solved Windows 8.1 fresh install - can't get integrated card and GPU to cooperate (black screen)

So I recently acquired a new SSD and thought I might as well install Windows 8 and start anew while using my previous HDD as storage, and a friend persuaded me to go straight to 8.1 I'll try and be brief with the stages I went through, I'm convinced it's...

6 Days Ago
by The Rizzler Go to last post
3 114
Help

solved Laptop will not use Nvidia Graphics card. Won't launch Nvidia Control Panel either.

I recently purchased an Asus laptop. An N56JR with an i7, GTX 760 and TB HDD About 2 weeks ago, the Nvidia control panel wouldn't launch, however, the computer still recognized and used the GTX 760m without a problem. Today, it stopped recognizing it...

Squad1993 1 reading
6 Days Ago
by Squad1993 Go to last post
4 165
Help

Kindle Fire HD - Rooting Problems

I wanted to root my Kindle but every tutorial I find, I can't seem to use. If I plug the kindle into my PC it won't update the drivers and I can't find the drivers to download myself. Problems also arise with how the kindle is made, the menus are...

1 Week Ago
by mncbesggf Go to last post
2 123